[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Albums that were 2deep4theirfans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.jpg (553 KB, 1240x1108) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
553 KB, 1240x1108
ITT: Albums that were 2deep4theirfans
>>
That's dumb, king of limbs was catchy as fuck.
>>
>>64359860
No, pretty much everyone complained there weren't enough guitars and not enough hooks.
>>
>>64359879
this

8/10 album tho
>>
>>64359879
LITTLE BY LITTLE BY
HOOK
OR BY CROOK
>>
>>64359910
Teenager just shut the fuck up, I liked the album as much as you but don't be a fucking revisionist, most pleb people didn't dig the album.
>>
>>64359910
most infectious hook from Thom I've ever heard
>>
TKOL is what Kid A should have been, but the group hadn't developed enough along with music as a whole for them to go full IDM/Rock.
>>
>>64359981
I wouldn't go that far. KOL makes me happy but kid a is on another level.
>>
>>64359981
that job belongs to LP9
>>
>>64360077
Kid A was a halfhearted fusion of Can/Neu! and Aphex into a rather disparate collection.
TKOL is seamless: you can't definitively call one song rock or IDM. It's melded together perfectly, a Rock of the future.
>>
>>64360114
elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either
>>
>>64360163
>to make something not quite as good as either
How is it not good?
>>
>>64360114
Kid A is still better lol
>>
>>64360174
it is not good in that it is shit
>>
>>64360178
It's far less important of an album.
>>
>>64360200
leave

seriously
>>
>>64360197
Let me know when you graduate high school, I'll wait for years man.
>>
>>64360212
>albums are only deemed important by their sales and hype
>they can't be more important for their objective musical content
This is why I don't talk with Radiohead fans, they don't understand art.
>>
>>64360200
>>64360234
Who are you to gauge that? You're seriously talking out of your ass
>>
>>64360220
nice copout response anon, at least if you're resorting to that we both know on some level I'm 100% right

opinion disregarded trashlord
>>
>>64360234
and YOU do? lmao

You have a third grade level understanding of art if you think TKOL touches Kid A in terms of importance. Or does influence mean nothing to you?

I'm done with your shit bait
>>
File: 1442934238169.jpg (72 KB, 555x438) Image search: [Google]
1442934238169.jpg
72 KB, 555x438
>1/3 of the album not isn't on it
>>
>>64360234
>>64360260
I think you guys need to get your sodium levels checked.

Anyway I'd argue that both the influence of an album and its objective content can be measures of an album's worth, you're just looking at it through different lens. How about a multi pronged approach, yeah?
>>
>>64360488
OK I'll play this game a little longer

Who or what has TKOL influenced? I'll wait since you seem so confident in your argument it'll be easy
>>
>>64360509
Oh I wasn't the one arguing with you, and I'm a pretty casual music listener so I'm the wrong person to ask. I'm just pointing out that you don't have to exclude other methods of analysis.
>>
TKOL is the Beethoven 8 of Radiohead. A little gem sandwiched between two greats (eh who am I kidding, LP9 will be shit)
>>
>>64360578
Ah sorry I misinterpreted your post. I actually agree with your statement but like I was trying to say I can't name a single artist that has been influenced by TKOL yet so that guy is full of shit.
>>
>>64360597

It'll be on par with the early 2000s albums, you can trust me
>>
>>64360472
wut
>>
TKOL's good but it's just Radiohead with a harder Krautrock boner than usual. Kid A was a jump into the relative unknown for a band who had basically been making top shelf Britpop up until that point, Amnesiac sharpened that exploration into a more tangible rock form, HTTT refined it even further, and IR perfected it. With pretty much nowhere else to go, it seems like the band just dropped all pretense of making krautrock-influenced music and just made a straight up krautrock album instead. Nothing wrong with that, it's still a nice album and all but it's not very progressive on their end.
>>
>>64360678
They released 4 out-takes that were better than half the album
>>
>>64360698
oh wow will listen right now then
>>
>>64360698

Eh, some of them were better and from what I understand some of them simply weren't finished when the album released. Supercollider and Staircase were incredible and definitely should've been on the album, but The Daily Mail seems too much like a HTTT era song to fit on any other album and The Butcher always sounded like a B-side to me.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.