[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>obnoxious high pitch noises >lasts for 5 whole minutes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 81J7coHyJ7L._SL1417_.jpg (263 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
81J7coHyJ7L._SL1417_.jpg
263 KB, 1417x1417
>obnoxious high pitch noises
>lasts for 5 whole minutes

how do people listen to this
>>
it's beautiful you fuck
>>
>listens to the first track once
>>
>>64353888
With their ears
>>
A good friend of mine who had never heard anco before I played this song for them actually gave me the best description of the song that I've ever heard. It's the same feeling as when you look at those trypophobia pictures but instead of visual its audio.
>>
File: 1461618265018.jpg (82 KB, 750x738) Image search: [Google]
1461618265018.jpg
82 KB, 750x738
>third song
>even more
>track length 11:25
>>
>>64353888
I've listened to this album twice today, 8 times in the past 5 days. I am sorry that you don't understand it and only listened to probably not all of the first song.

also what >>64353904, >>64353916 and >>64353934 said
>>
>>64353971
That is so bizarre. First time I heard STGSTV I was impressed by how beautiful it is, yeah it was slightly screechy to me then but it wasn't unbearable.

Trypophobia pictures however, make me run and hide.
>>
>>64353888
I mean yeah its got a few noisier bits but it's very melodic and poppy other than that. It's very pretty, mystical sounding music. Other than the first track, the first few seconds of April and the Phantom and Untitled I don't recall much noise.
>>
>>64354099
Same reaction for me too, thought it was beautiful, but kind of cringed with my ears
>>
you have to be of the mindset that any noise can be beautiful in context
>>
Without the noisey bits the album would drop from a Strong 9 to a 6.5 IMO
>>
>>64353888
as much as i like the song Alvin Row i cannot fucking stand the skull piercing screech. i couldn't imagine being in a room with my music bro, writing some genuinely compelling music, and then saying "you know what would go great with this? a goddamn dog whistle that's louder than everything fucking else."
at what point during the writing process did it seem like a good idea to hurt the listener with overbearing beeps in the specific skullfuck frequency and at a volume that forces them to turn down the whole song until its finally gone.

fuck me i just want an explanation.
>>
>>64354421
are you just talking about the beginning? besides that the song is pretty noise-free
>>
>>64354649
yeah.
i like that keyboard riff and i'd appreciate it a lot more if i wasn't being attacked by a rape whistle.
>>
>>64354694
well you could always listen to the midi
>>
File: korn19.jpg (44 KB, 329x399) Image search: [Google]
korn19.jpg
44 KB, 329x399
>not liking noise
>>
>>64354711
i'm drunk and i can't tell if you mean a) focus on the midi parts of the song, or b) download a version that i can open with music software and delete the midi file containing said screeches,
both of which sound fucking retarded, could you explain a little better?

>>64354852
i like noise. it's the 2loud4u screeches i don't like
>>
>>64354942
some people from collected animals wrote out the sheet music for it and made a midi of the piano part https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_nMdHpn_9c
>>
casual filter
>>
>>64354942
keep listening to some more noise man. i love the opening track and i genuinely enjoy untitled as well. its abrasive at first but i guess you just kinda get to a point where noise sounds really nice and soothing.
>>
hell, i actually like noisy shit and i think the ear raping parts of this album are fucking pointless and unbearable
>>
>>64355080
yeah i didnt mean to imply that listening to a lot of noise makes every abrasive sound good. its definitely on the more annoying side in terms of subjectivity
>>
I really think the opener is a beautiful track and the whole album is surreal with the juxtaposition of Noise with Pop. I worry for my ears when I listen to it though
>>
>>64355014
i like this but i'm on laptop speakers, so idk how it would be with headphones. i actually have really sensitive hearing and i use open-ear Grados and higher frequencies bleed less, so the first time i heard the song i pretty much raged because it's actually my favorite anco song and i don't really like anco all that much.

>>64355035
Ryoji Ikeda's ear piercing beeps are the only ones i can tolerate or even enjoy for some reason. i think its the minimal use of anything that could be considered instrumentation leads to a more neutral volume mix. Ikeda's beeps kind of set the volume to me, i set the beep to a tolerable level and the whole piece is at a good level for comfortable listening.

with alvin row if i set the beep at a comfortable level i can't hear the song.
>>
My first listen of this album I felt unsure and ditched it for a while. About a month later I had April and the Phantom stuck in my head for no reason and I re listened to album and holy fuck I loved it more than anything
>>
>tfw you'll never have avey tare's inherently genius songwriting ability to craft masterpieces like Alvin Row

why bother making music?
>>
>it kinda hurts when you first jump in
WOW WHO THE FUCK WOULD LIKE SWIMMING WTF
>>
>>64355451
>entire post is a straw man fallacy

you do understand that repeated exposure to high volume/high frequency sounds destroys your hearing, no?

when you "get used to it" that's hearing loss, not >muh cultured tastes
>>
>>64355532
How can I listen to this album without JUSTing my hearing? It's one of my favorites, but I'm a musician, my hearing is very important to me
>>
>>64354215
right. the noise is beauty. You gotta make it beautiful.
>>
>>64353888
Good album, but I'm very happy they decided to ditch this sound after the lukewarm reception Danse Manatee got; those albums don't have anything I like about Animal Collective in them.
>>
>>64355532
STGSTV damages your ears no more or less than any other album, you fucking idiot.

Pitch does not factor in. It's entirely about volume, which has nothing in particular to do with this album. This has to be one of the dumber posts I've seen on this board.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.