[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does playing guitar really turn girls on? Like does her seeing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: Jimmy page.jpg (191 KB, 1136x768) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy page.jpg
191 KB, 1136x768
Does playing guitar really turn girls on? Like does her seeing a guy absolutely shred on the guitar or play something amazing make her wet or is it a myth? Is a girl more likely to date you if she knows you play guitar?
>>
>>64352710
If you're famous for doing it, yeah.
>>
>>64352710
learn how to play/sing any jose gonzalez song and you'll be drowning in pussy
>>
>>64352710
>implying females are susceptible to your bullshit courting ritual mentality and aren't mindless robots who will date or fuck you once you meet a specific set of universal requirements
>>
Shredding doesn't. Playing some simple acoustic love song will.
>>
>>64353029
This, i play lead guitar, ussually some fast stuff, girls dont even care, they would rather listen to some guy strumming some random chord, using an ukulele for bonus points
>>
Guitars can help you look cool. Looking cool gets you pussy.
>>
Maybe like 20 years ago. Playing a musical instrument today is pretty gay tbqh
>>
got me a blowjob once
>>
>>64354435
That just means they don't care about your muh technical shredding and are more attracted to what you're really able to express on guitar. Your skills don't mean shit if you only use them to show themselves.
>>
It turns them on if you play well. If you play and sing well their pants will fall off. If you're meh you're better off not trying.
>>
>>64354490
always was dude
>>
>>64354651
Thats exactly what i said, girls dont care about shredding. I dont really care anyway
>>
I play a piano and sing and that gets the ladies wet. Especially if you can play a few coldplay songs
>>
Shredding will only attract fellow guitarists and males. Strumming away on a few chords while humming some lovey dovey ditty will bring you an abundance of bitches.
>>
>>64354708
It just came across like you were trashing simpler styles.
>>
>>64354435
They would rather listen to pleasant sounding music than some self-indulgent fag wanking?
Color me shocked
>>
>>64354752
Does any kind of playing without singing generally attract females? I can't sing and play at the same time at all. Or ever, for that matter.
>>
>>64354759
Oh sorry if it sounded like that, i get why they like that kind of music, its just not my thing.
>>64354769 What makes something pleasing and something wanking? A caveman hiting some rocks would say beethoven is wanking, its totally subjective
>>
>>64352710
I find a guy attractive if he shreds tbqh, I can't stand acoustic love song /pleb/ shit
>>
>>64352710
It was more of a thing when rock/metal was more mainstream. Now it's all about singing
>>
>>64354908
No it really isn't. I met my boyfriend at an industrial gig. If he had been singing some Top 40-tier garbage I never would have wanted to be with him :/
>>
>>64354970
Congratulations on being the 10%.
>>
>>64354970
I know I'm speaking in stereotypes here but most girls really aren't as into heavy/technical music as guys are (in my city anyway)
>>
>>64354876
>What makes something pleasing
Coherent harmonic/melodic development
>and something wanking?
scale exercises to show technical skill
>>
>>64355307
But doing scale exercises isnt shredding, maybe thats the idea the general public has because most "shredders" are just idiots who just learned to do some tremolo
>>
>>64355038
It must be where you live, because me and my close friends (all female) are pretty heavy into industrial and prog rock.
>>
>>64355409
Where do you live?
>>
>>64352710
No, not alone. But as a part of a well fleshed out human being, having musical skill is definitely a positive, yeah, and can be a good way to get someone to give you enough attention to be able to find you attractive. The only people who'll date someone purely because they're a guitarist are shallow teenage girls who just want to be able to boast about it and use it to confirm an image. Even then, only works if you're in a band that gigs.

But in general, if people aren't attracted to you now, picking up an instrument isn't going to change that unless you get famous. Guys that pick up guitar to attract women are fucking annoying anyway, I've worked with a few, and they're more obsessed with bringing women to literally anything they do (including fucking rehearsals once or twice, as if it's a social event), despite those girls having no real interest in them than actually writing or rehearsing, and it shows to everyone around.
>>
>>64355468
*breathes heavily*
>>
>>64355884
I'm not giving out my location on 4chan. Sorry :(
>>
>>64355884
Lol i didnt realise it sounded that creepy im sorry
>>
>>64355946
All good.
>>
>>64355759
>I've worked with a few, and they're more obsessed with bringing women to literally anything they do (including fucking rehearsals once or twice, as if it's a social event)

I would literally tell anyone who invited people to a rehearsal to get the fuck outta the band immediately.
>>
>>64355884
>*breathes heavily*
So, America?
>>
>>64355307
>Coherent harmonic/melodic development
Man you don't know what you're talking about
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0NgvFoCQNzw

I wrote this today. Roast me.
>>
>>64356004
Pretty much what we did, gave him a chance as he hadn't really worked with people before us, and we figured he might not know the general rules, but after that we just kicked them out, the guy had no interest in actually being in a band, and was just using it to try and get laid without putting in any effort.

>>64356105
Nah, he has a point. Shredding for shreddings sake is fucking stupid. Use technical ability to serve the song, to create interesting new sounds that compliment what your singer and bassist is doing, as well as rhythm player if you have one.

Don't just try to show off, because it takes away from the whole package. Even in solos it's good to show some restraint sometimes, knowing when to not play a note is just as important as being able to play in interesting ways.

It's the difference between a great musician and a technically proficient player.
>>
File: 1461521741786.jpg (55 KB, 640x489) Image search: [Google]
1461521741786.jpg
55 KB, 640x489
>>64355884
>>
Absolutely it makes me wet
>>
File: donkeyredible.png (209 KB, 301x377) Image search: [Google]
donkeyredible.png
209 KB, 301x377
>>64355884
>>
>>64354835
It's better to play something simple and sing than something complex. Girls care absolutely none for technical ability.
Learn a simple indie song (The Antlers and Sufjan Stevens are nonthreatening) and claim you wrote it if the girl is a pleb. If she's more into music you could maybe get away with an instrumental song, but you'd better be good.
>>
>>64356147
It's nice, but feels a bit generic. I'm getting a kind of chili peppers vibe from it actually, it sounds really similar to some of the stuff from blood sugar sex magik, but not quite reaching that same level of individuality they had. Maybe try adding a segment with more energy to the song at some point, that would probably take away from what I'm saying.

Has potential though, for sure.
>>
>>64352710
Girls get turned on by The Law of Least Effort, which implies that the person who appears to put the least amount of effort out, while getting the largest amount of effort returned to him by others, comes across as the most socially powerful.
If you play something hard and complex girls will notice that you are putting a lot of effort, while if you play a beginner song like Wonderwall, it will seem(to them) that you have skills even if you don't even try, since they don't know how to play guitar and people who don't play guitar have no idea of what's easy or hard to play on guitar.
>>
>>64357674

Thanks. It's quiet bedroom vocals so it's not what I envision the tune to be. Is that what you meant by generic? The repeated melody line?
>>
>>64358187
Yeah, essentially, it's not got anything that stands out to me as more than just "nice". With some more powerful vocals and maybe something to make the instrumentals a little less barebones, it could become great.
>>
>>64358294
Okay, thanks anon. This is the first one I've written where I feel really good about the possibilities.
>>
File: barnes.jpg (71 KB, 490x267) Image search: [Google]
barnes.jpg
71 KB, 490x267
The only thing women respect is a cock in the ass.
>>
>>64352710
Only if you're not fat and/or ugly

t. fat and ugly gigging guitarist
>>
my ladyfriend likes it if I strum through a predictable pop chord progression on the acoustic, but anything remotely off the beaten path has her losing interest quicker than you can blink

it's obviously really stupid to sum up all women like this mind you, some will like it, some wont

also you need to understand that the only way a girl would be attracted to you through musical talent is if she was already attracted to you physically and needed a way to mentally justify sleeping with you - in this case through your musical talent

sorry to those out there who were told they would get the gals if they just learned an instrument but it simply ain't so
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.