[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
levitation 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 9
File: Levitation-Artwork-640x414.jpg (135 KB, 640x414) Image search: [Google]
Levitation-Artwork-640x414.jpg
135 KB, 640x414
levitation 2016 just announce theyll be streamin but for $$$

i dont care cause im gonna be there but now u guys can watch me enjoy it
>>
>>64350399
I wonder how many people from /mu/ will be there. I'm super stoked for this weekend regardless
>>
i'm going too
>>
im going as well... who will you guys be seeing?
>>
I'm gonna be there but charging for streaming is pretty lame desu
>>
>>64350399
Wish I could be there :(
>>
File: 1435355537317.jpg (44 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1435355537317.jpg
44 KB, 500x375
>tfw I can't be there
>>
I hope someone records some of those shows
>>
Who here is seeing Slowdive over Flylo?
>>
>>64355316
me
harder decision was between them and uncle acid

>>64353721
king gizzard, anco, boris, sunn O))), whatever i can catch of sleep after anco, delicate steve
>>
Animal collective is good, but they're no animal collective.
>>
>>64355316
anything else look good on friday? seemed like total shit.
>>
>>64356748
What in Davy Jones’ locker did ye just bark at me, ye scurvy bilgerat? I’ll have ye know I be the meanest cutthroat on the seven seas, and I’ve led numerous raids on fishing villages, and raped over 300 wenches. I be trained in hit-and-run pillaging and be the deadliest with a pistol of all the captains on the high seas. Ye be nothing to me but another source o’ swag. I’ll have yer guts for garters and keel haul ye like never been done before, hear me true. You think ye can hide behind your newfangled computing device? Think twice on that, scallywag. As we parley I be contacting my secret network o’ pirates across the sea and yer port is being tracked right now so ye better prepare for the typhoon, weevil. The kind o’ monsoon that’ll wipe ye off the map. You’re sharkbait, fool. I can sail anywhere, in any waters, and can kill ye in o’er seven hundred ways, and that be just with me hook and fist. Not only do I be top o’ the line with a cutlass, but I have an entire pirate fleet at my beck and call and I’ll damned sure use it all to wipe yer arse off o’ the world, ye dog. If only ye had had the foresight to know what devilish wrath your jibe was about to incur, ye might have belayed the comment. But ye couldn’t, ye didn’t, and now ye’ll pay the ultimate toll, you buffoon. I’ll shit fury all over ye and ye’ll drown in the depths o’ it. You’re fish food now.
>>
>>64355316
i'll be seeing flylo, peep me in the front row m8
>>
ill be there, super hyped. this is a fucking dream lineup. the only festival better this year is primavera

>>64355316
me... cant not see slowdive
>>
sxsw >>>>>
>>
>>64356780
shabazz palaces, brian jonestown massacre, oneohtrix point never
>>
>>64354364
iktf :(
>>
I'm just going saturday... I'll the guy running back and forth between the stages with Brian Wilson/Animal Collective and Boris/Sunn O))) in case anyone's looking for me.
>>
>>64356438
>delicate steve
nice
>>
*I'll be the guy
>>
>>64355316
Bruh flylo isn't going anywhere, you gotta hit up slowdive
>>
>>64356969
>Boris
>Sunn O)))
>at the same time but different stages
What kind of dick would do this, why not just put them back to back or something
>>
They are back to back on the same stage, it's the other two that are on a different stage at roughly the same time.
>>
>>64357333
Wait nevermind interpreted that wrong, it's actually Boris, Sunn O))), Sleep back to back to back, which incredible
>>
Although I don't know what kind of person's ears could take that much punishment if they actually saw those three back to back lol
>>
>>64356780
boogarins are great, golden dawn arkestra is an amazing live show, federale, holy wave though i didnt think their latest album was too hot

>>64357476
i totally would but im gotta catch at least half of ancos set
>>
anyone a bad enough dude to try & meet up?
>>
>>64357693
Depends, got any drugs to share?
>>
>>64357693
nah im going with REAl people. dont want to be spot out by some guy 'heey you're from moo!! i can tell cuz i talked to u on a thread!'
>>
Looking forward to the Boris, Sunn O))), and sleep triple set the most. Slowdive on Friday too though.
>>
>>64357693
i would

>>64357878
i do
>>
>>64353721
ween
>>
Am I the only person here psyched for Magic Wands?
>>
>>64357951

um..yeah. im camping with "real" people to. just trying to be friendly...douche.

>>64357878

no

>>64358022

chill. do u live in Austin?
>>
>>64350399
awesome fest.

Bump.
>>
>>64358595
Sorry. Didnt meen to be a douche. As an apology I'll save you a great spot up front for slowdive.
>>
lets all throw tomatoes at anco xd
>>
i have no idea why this random festival became such a big deal on /mu/

Brian Wilson is the only cool thing, that and Sleep, everything else is the plain old mainstream-indie festival circuit bullshit

enjoy your pitchfork the festival
>>
File: 1460821811951.gif (123 KB, 77x163) Image search: [Google]
1460821811951.gif
123 KB, 77x163
>>64358658

it's a deal.
>>
>>64358743
stfu noob you say its p4k core because thats all you recognize from the line up levitation has consistently the best line up every year fact
>>
>>64358595
not anymore, i'm in houston. i'll be there on thursday to see the golden dawn

post your email or number and i'll contact you
>>
>>64358743
>random festival
>not knowing the legendary austin psych fest
>not knowing shit about real garage bands and psychedelic rock (which originated in texas by the way)
>>
>>64358949
How Will I recognize you? I presume we all aren't going to wear matching mu shirts
>>
>>64359033
This guy knows his shit
>>
>>64358974

[email protected]

>>64359296

here is a pic of me 4 reference + i'll probably have on the same pants & a yellow or grey beanie
>>
>>64359522
Thanks I'll look out for your during slowdive.
Also holy shit was that swans show at trees 2015? I met the g man as well. Pretty swell guy, iv got to admit.

And I'll be a shortish guy with medium-long hair likely talking loudly inbetween sets to my two other music nerd friends about music production and gear.
>>
>>64350399
Why are royal trux so far down
>>
>>64357450
there is going to be a fucking ridiculous amount of pot smoke in that tent.
>>
look at this. 4 days. cant believe its already here. hope the weather is better than what the forecast is saying now.
>>
>>64359746

yes! fckin great show
>>
Didnt even know this was going on and i live in austin

But i dont get to have weekends off especially not on such short notice so i guess ill not be seeing any of it. Cool.
>>
>>64360585
me too although I have fridays off but it looks like shit that day
>>
>>64360607
a lot of the bottom card line up is actually really great on fri
>>
>>64360647
like who
>>
Also i didnt realize that psych fest changed its name and thats what this festival is. Dunno why they changed the name.
>>
>>64360672

klaus johaan grobe, fantasmes, blind suns. Boogarins also play later that day and they're outstanding.
>>
Should I move to Austin guys ? I always hear about cool stuff happening in Austin.

Im in San Francisco right now and I can't stand a single more second in this playground for yuppies
>>
>>64360735
what makes you think austins any different
>>
>>64360735
Austin is chill as fuck, i love it. But dont move here.
>>
>>64360713
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWOTSj4kfus

digging it so far thanks

>>64360735
I'm certainly trying to stay positive. It can be a frustrating place but I suppose the same could be said of anywhere. At least you have legal weed though and the west coast. Its basically austin or bust round these parts.
>>
Was gonna go but gonna be working on Saturday, the only day I really wanted to go desu
>>
i have to settle for the far inferior levitation vancouver, but even that has a pretty good lineup. this is in absolutely crazy god-tier lineup though. this and last year are two of the best lineups i have ever seen.
>>
>>64360914
>vancouver
were you ever a nomeansno fan?
>>
I wanna go :(
>>
>>64360944
I have seen them a few times a dug them. though I am from the prairies and not BC
>>
>>64360806
In Austin its Colorado or bust lol

Funny how that works sometimes
>>
>>64361165
I dunno colorado's pretty far away if thats what you mean. I might as well go anywhere if I'm going that far personally.

seattle was my top choice to move but they just lost ten thousand fucking jobs. either way it also just got announced that dea will announce rescheduling in july. I thought we were gonna have to wait 2 or 3 years not 2 or 3 months for weed to finally get taken off schedule 1
>>
>>64361129
>a few times
awesome I think I just saw them once many many years ago with jello biafra joining for the encore.

speaking of local favorites this thing is kicking my ass right now
http://thewildnow.com/music-1/
Taylor and the Wild Now - Tides ep
released April 15, 2016
Austin, Tx
>>
>>64361165
oh you mean like busted by the cops? yeah my trial got moved to cinco de mayo

but yeah I just meant there's fuck all to do anywhere else for a thousand miles but the whole west coast seems like its loaded.
>>
>>64361257
Seattle is cool. I grew up there and i love my roots and i love going back to visit. But the more time goes by the less desire i have to go back. If i were to move back i wouldnt live in seattle. Maybe bellevue or edmonds or something.

I guess living in austin ive gotten so used to things being spread out and i much prefer it. The idea of being back in seattle makes me feel a little claustrophobic
>>
>>64361673
my plan was Federal Way and work at Xerox but it just got rather quietly announced that Boeing just cut about 8k jobs technically so I'm rounding up a little and adding trickle down effect for my 10k pretty scary number. I aint touching that shit with a ten foot pole now.

and then denver just got like 7 fucking inches of snow about 2 weeks ago. so looks I'm stuck here to make the best of it.
>>
>>64360735
Austin is gradually becoming yuppie dallas and if you drive then traffic is a bitch. Luckily crime isnt too bad even in the hood parts. Stuff like fff fest and levitation are cool if you can afford it and have the time to go though. Im just sad about how quickly sxsw is being bought out
>>
>>64361731
Federal way is shitty anyway. The whole south end sucks desu.

So you're in austin now and trying to get out?
>>
>>64361903
sxsw this year was fucking awesome

I could not believe how cheap everything was if not free and I'm talking night shows. Average was $5 I was completely shocked.
>>
>>64361946
>Federal way is shitty anyway.
well yeah thats kinda why I planned on it just for the price and then just go into seattle on the weekends and shit.

>So you're in austin now and trying to get out?
yeah but I'm not especially trying to get out. I've fashioned a very comfortable trap for myself but options are always good.
>>
>>64361903
A lot of really cool stuff is happening for austin and its all north. The new part of the domain is truly awesome. And the gap between cedar park and round rock is closing. Not to mention cedar park and round rock are both booming. Meaning that moving up there isnt the boredom sentence it used to be. I live north austin and work in round rock and i love it a lot.
>>
>>64362014
yeah and cedar park is its own municipality so they can really get shit done with new ordinances and stuff. then the population is so tiny that just one person could have a lot of influence. The big example that comes to mind is standing water is an enforced violation. Around here people give water to the grackles which are a huge problem.

>The new part of the domain is truly awesome.
shit, talk about yuppieville central unless you mean something else. Not that personally I have anything against that at all but it was brought up initially. Whats so truly awesome about the new part of the domain? Although again I got a kick out of all their own little neighborhood ordinances. I forget what they were but I passed a few signs but I havent been there in a couple years actually.
>>
>Tfw finals week
>>
>>64362072
They just opened a new district of bars and restaurants called rock rose. Its still in the beginning stages but all the bars are solid as fuck. A little pricey but i always have a great time. Kinda like getting a taste of dt without having to go all the way down there. And parking is much easier than dt. And you can easily leave your car if you drink too much. Its doing great things for people who live up north and even for CP/RR.
>>
>>64362136
ok interesting I'll keep my ear to the ground for anything in particular going on up there. I'm in north austin too but I live right off the rapid bus line so its actually easier for me to get downtown. I totaled my car here about ten years ago and never looked back.

Have you ever heard Taylor and the Wild Now
http://thewildnow.com/music-1/
just came out April 15 so its the most recent local album I've heard and its really been kicking my ass. Super mainstream I actually discovered them when they played the studio of fucking fox news.
>>
>>64362200
The 803 goes to the domain
>>
>>64362244
oh yeah I forgot there were two. I'm off the 801

its definitely not too difficult though so I'll keep an eye open.

any local stuff from this year you've dug?

laotysf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdPaNJ35CZo
out of dripping springs which geographically is basically like cedar park of the south
>>
How to sneak drugs in?
>>
>>64363943
Its pretty easy for lsd you just have to put it in an enveloppe or some shit and hide it. Anyway just as people
>>
hyped
>>
>>64360145
Undeniably amazing. It was on my list of top 10 shows of the year. Really excited for their august show. Pre ordered the glowing man
>>
>tfw I'll never see king gizzard live

I'm going to summer camp tho, the lineup isnt that great but i heard its still pretty fun

>tfw might just sell my ticket though
>>
>>64355316
flyflo is such a festival slut, you would be making a huge mistake missing out on Slowdive. Plus, I saw him at Bonnaroo last year and the set was lame
>>
i've only ever been to bonnaroo last year. how does this compare to that? i recognize there will be a lot less people and less stages, but what is the general mood like?
>>
File: brianwilson.jpg (49 KB, 620x648) Image search: [Google]
brianwilson.jpg
49 KB, 620x648
Probably the biggest draw for me to get a ticket was Brian Wilson, but after looking up videos of this Pet Sounds anniversary tour I found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFAp-i740hI

He has another guy singing most of it, and what he does sing sounds sad and terrible. Look at the fucking face he makes at around 6:04. He looks miserable and confused almost the whole time. I really hate to say it, but I'm considering missing his set simply because it will be depressing.

>>64358743
Actually Levitation this year has the third most original lineup according to this article.

http://adequateman.deadspin.com/are-music-festivals-really-all-the-same-now-1771174117
>>
>>64358743
it's not coachella ya dingus
>>
>tfw can't be there but gonna watch it in VR

can't wait bros
>>
>>64368493
Really chill. But that's only if you skip all the poppier acts. Stick to the mucore and you'll have a great weekend.
Learnt this the hard way. The crowd for Mac Demarco last year fucking sucked
>>
hope the weather isn't too bad on saturday :(
>>
>>64369750
it's gonna be thunderstorms supposedly. we'll all be levitating though so we're more likely to get struck by lightning
>>
>>64369813

best way to go out.

stoked to see melody's echo chamber
>>
>>64360735
>>64360797
>Austin is chill as fuck, i love it. But dont move here.

I live in Austin & it's the eye-rolling Texas breed of elitism & pretentiousness that makes it probably the cringiest city I've been to. it's all about non-inclusiveness & what you can get for yourself here. pretty miserable place with lots of lost souls that nobody wants to help because they'd rather just tell them to "leave austin"
>>
>>64369855
Really wish melody wasn't clashing with ween and caribou. Bros please help me with this tough decision. Cant make this big a Desicion alone
>>
>>64371105
If you like Ween a lot, then see them because Melody will be around for quite a while I'd guess. Really don't care about Caribou though.
>>
>>64356792
>bad
>>
>>64357693
hell yea. coming from Florida with my roommate and we're looking for people to hang with/buy drugs from/hang out with
>>
>>64372254
hey, send your email or phone if you wanna meet up and get high like the other guy and i'll contact you guys

i'm going thursday for the pre show plus the entire weekend let me know
>>
>>64372365
my flight gets in late Thursday but I'm gonna try and catch ringo deathstarr at 12:30. me and my roommate have been to bonnaroo three years in a row but this is the first fest I've been to that isn't Roo. gonna be camping all weekend. can't wait man- [email protected]
>>
>>64372587
hell yeah man, me and my friend are gonna go watch ringo deathstarr and the golden dawn thursday too
i saw them last year at psych fest and times before
i'll send you a message
>>
>>64357693
>>64372365
Me and my friend are going up Thursday, but not going to those shows, just the full weekend. Down to chill or find shrooms or something

[email protected]
>>
I love that this actually showed me great new music or made me finally check out old bands I'd always heard of like Brian Jonestown Massacre

Delicate Steve, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, Bayonne, Federale, and Ty Segall were all new for me. P hyped
>>
>>64357693
this is a long shot but anyone got a place to crash? i'll pay u in weed
>>
Anybody here camping?
>>
>>64375050
yea i camp every year dont forget ur rain fly
>>
I really wanted to go but I don't even know if it's normal to go to festivals alone. None of my friends like this kind of music and they're all too poor to travel anyways.

Just so I know in the future, are festival crowds accepting of lonely autists?
>>
>>64375931
sure anon, most people will be drunked/ fucked up on drugs to care about anything, if you can get benzos or xanax take them and have a good time with no worries
>>
>>64375931
its not too bad considering you'd be separated from your friends pretty quickly and pretty often once the music starts. i go with my friend each year but hes too fat/lazy to stand up front with me and prefers to sit and watch so i often will be viewing a band alone and really what does it matter once they start playing
>>
I'm sorry guys I planned to go there but it was too expensive...
>>
>>64376712
It's ok anon we understand
>>
>>64376712
Given it's over three days and there are so many quality bands that could charge more between just a few of them, i think it's kind of a bargain. But i understand bargain or not, it's still a chunk of cash
>>
David B Rosol - dad - currently dead
Winston-salem - Wiley Middle School - Mr. Hellinger(?)
Age 1[] - Birthday August 1[] 199[] - White - Male (same age as me)
Blue eyes - Blond (?) curly hair
Used to be acquainted with A.C. or alias "Mayonnaise" and different user "Mizutani"(literal faggot) and another different user "Arcticx"(?)
Florida - Winston-salem

Used(?) to be a frequent user of /b/, now currently a user of /pol/(?). Used to be a furry under the aliases of "Muzzle" or "Musket 3000". In recent days, under the alias of "wolfeschlegel"(?) or "Derob"(?). Is(?) a user of steam and frequently plays Team Fortress and Garry's Mod. Owned a youtube channel with the name "Derob the Man". Dislikes anime but likes 1900s music(?) or was it 1800s? Also is american of german descent. Used to also play minecraft, with a pirated version before buying a legitimate copy. Likes tacos(?).

El Psy Congroo.
>>
Wish I could go. Fantasmes is gonna be playing there. Highly recommend them to the people of this thread, they're a psych-rock band from Puerto Rico
>>
So amped for this! I'm going solo, shit's gonna be so baller. Look for the Sasquatch wearing a Bonnaroo shirt
>>
who /livesinaustinbuthasnofriendsormoney/ here?
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.