[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Better than what.cd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: apple-music[1].jpg (22 KB, 1600x898) Image search: [Google]
apple-music[1].jpg
22 KB, 1600x898
Better than what.cd
>>
>>64349192
completely incomparable
>>
>>64349201
yo nigga shut the fuck up
>>
>>64349201

What's the difference other than what.cd offering you the additional hassle of managing tags, organising files and having to commit illegal activities?
>>
>>64349192
Not criminal to use too. People should respect the law and obey the rules like everybody else.
>>
>>64349410

>"I love music"
>has a what.cd account

lol
>>
File: lKaicvA.jpg (220 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
lKaicvA.jpg
220 KB, 3000x3000
>>64349410
topkek shut up m8
>>
>>64349595

justify stealing music. i'll wait.
>>
>>64349618
art is a commodity
>>
>>64349455
I don't, what gives you that idea? Should have gone to Specsavers.
>>
>>64349410
>laws = morals
I bet you also do the speed limit in the left lane.
>>
>>64349595
Filthy criminal scum detected. You're contributing to child-sex trafficking and terrorism.
>>
>>64349659

I wasn't implying you were the person in my memetext.
>>
What does Apple Music have that what.cd doesn't?

Don't say streaming or radio-like features, I use Plex.
>>
>>64349699
Ah.
>>
>>64349673
Laws are all we have to defend us against the chaotic hordes that would destroy our world given half a chance. The police are our Brothers in Arms.
>>
>>64349618
justify streaming at 160 kbps, I'll wait.
>>64349698
is this sarcasm or...?
>>
>>64349708
A clean conscience
>>
>>64349865
>my morals are everyone's morals
>>
if streaming services start doing exclusives more I'm just going to say fuck it and start torrenting again

I live with the fact that I'll never listen to T-swift off the radio because she doesn't understand how technology is evolving, but new Bey not being there either is starting to piss me off.
>>
>>64349888

Unless a musician is putting their music online for free you shouldn't feel morally pure stealing their music
>>
>>64350054

How about u stop listening to shit pop music?
>>
>>64349851
>justify streaming at 160 kbps, I'll wait.

No online service you pay for is 160kb/s. Spotify is 320 ogg and Apple Music is 256 aac
>>
>>64350156
1) The majority of the money from an album's sale is going towards the record companies. Record companies do not deserve to be supported because they do not pay artists their fair share. Funds from touring go mostly to the artist, and I do buy concert tickets for artists I like as well as merchandise at the shows.
2) I listen to a lot of out-of-print and foreign music that simply isn't available anywhere else. The only way to get a copy is to have been alive when it was out or buy a used copy. None of the money from a self-contained third-party private sale is going to the artist or the artist's estate. Is it really "stealing" in this case?
3) Stealing a candy bar means the store doesn't have that candy bar anymore. If I download a digital copy of an album, the record company has lost nothing.
4) You are still implying that your morals are the right ones and trump everything else. Stop. Not everyone needs to agree with your morals to be ethical.
>>
>>64350488
>1) The majority of the money from an album's sale is going towards the record companies. Record companies do not deserve to be supported because they do not pay artists their fair share. Funds from touring go mostly to the artist, and I do buy concert tickets for artists I like as well as merchandise at the shows.

The record label funds the recording. When most albums fail to make money the artist isn't left paying them money (unless they got a massive advance or something). The idea record labels aren't entitled to money even though they're responsible for the recording even existing is ridiculous. People can self distribute and self record if they so wish. Instead they choose to work with record labels because it's for the betterment of their music and their prospects, due to the financial investment of the label.

Yes

That third point is the most tired, played out bullshit. Nobody needs to buy music if they can get it for free. Therefore the value of music vanishes. That's a bad thing for anybody who wants music to be their career

These aren't personal morals. They're simple facts. If a guy wants to record some music at home and put it on bandcamp for people to listen to, download it and enjoy it. If a band works with a label and they spend significant money recording and distributing the music it isn't "my personal morals" that if you listen without paying them you're stealing. Whether or not you are comfortable with that is a different matter. I've stole loads of music, but I admit it's stealing. You're trying to justify your theft.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.