[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FULL NEW AESOP ROCK ALBUM STREAMING ON YOUTUBE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: aesop rock.jpg (471 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
aesop rock.jpg
471 KB, 1024x683
Uh, why are we not talking about this??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQF6x_FgnJ0&list=WL&index=3

>inb4 thesaurus/backpack jokes
>>
>My quest to rap the whole thesaurus is almost complete, they say it's impossible but I'm the Impossible Kid after all...
*puts on backpack*
let's do this
>>
>>64348873
THE GOVERNMENT LIES TO YOU

YOU ARE SMART FOR LISTENING TO THIS
>>
>>64348873
WHY IS HE ORANGE
>>
This thread is off to a great start.
>>
>>64348873
it's really good

>>64348918
you might have him confused with immortal technique
>>
>>64348918

??? Aesop Rock doesn't do that shit.
>>
never listened to Aesop rock what should I start with
>>
>>64349048
skelethon or none shall pass
>>
>>64349048
Might as well start here. He continues to get more and more accessible as he mature.
>>
>>64348873
The album is dope as fuck.
>>
>>64348873
listening now, thanks
>>
>>64348873
Super hyped for this, will listen to it in the morning. Thoughts guys?
>>
>>64349048

Labor Days is easily his best.

he doesn't really have any bad albums though.
>>
bump

the new album is really good
>>
good shit
shrunk is the real jam here
>>
>>64351535

Blood Sandwich is my favorite, mainly because I have a brother I love.
>>
>>64351620
yeah that one's great too, everything from BS to kirby is absolutely perfect. overall this is def one of his best works
>>
Better or worse than Skelethon, anon?
>>
shrunk is so good
>>
This is better than Skelethon
>>
>>64351651
>>64352425

I honestly think it's his second-best next to Labor Days. The production is just great, it's hard-hitting and consistent without being overly complex or abrasive, it's just solid beats the whole way through, it feels modern and classic at the same time and thank GOD he's not hopping on the whole trap rap fad.

And of course his rapping is on point, and I've only intently listened once but the lyrics are a decent mix of abstract "I have no fucking idea what you are saying lol" but also some personal stuff such as on Blood Sandwich, where you can tell he's actually...ya know, saying something meaningful.

It's just bars after bars with mostly good, catchy hooks, and it's the perfect length for an album, just under 50 minutes. It's not loaded with filler and retarded skits like so many hip-hop albums.

It really is fascinating to me that he manages to spit so much interesting stuff while very rarely cursing or being generic. I think he says "fuck" and "bitch" maybe three times on the whole album and not even in a sexual context.

I'd give it an 8-8.5/10 on first listen, probably the best hip-hop album I've heard this year. Better than TLOP, even.
>>
heeeeeey kiiirby
watcha doin kirby
watcha doin there
>>
>>64348873
thanks for the tip homie, i've been jizzing for 3 songs straight no end in sight. the world will drown in my cum
>>
>>64352773
>>
>>64348898
I love aesop but 10/10
>>
>>64352670 my bad

The convo with his therapist (I think?) near the end was wonderful. Loved his little jabs at himself for his obscure lyrics.

Lot to unpack with this album. As of the moment, I don't think it comes close to Skelethon, but we'll see how it grows on me.
>>
>>64355429
Why'd ya eat that leaf?
>>
damn this is actually really good
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.