[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like new death grips should be more deserving of praise.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: 6a753920.jpg (257 KB, 658x439) Image search: [Google]
6a753920.jpg
257 KB, 658x439
I feel like new death grips should be more deserving of praise. It's so annoying that people still thinks it's a meme at this point.
>>
He is a overrated meme
>>
>>64346889
You know it's a group right
>>
>>64346987
No hes not? How can one person be a group. Fucking retard lol
>>
>>64346831
dumb people just regurgitate what they see and are unable to form an opinion of their own.
>>
>>64347280
Literally search death grips you goddamn idiot
Three people
>>
>>64347444
it's a ruse m8
>>
Theyve been around long enough that their older base has mostly cycled off of full-time browsing, or expanded to other forums. The people on /mu/ now simply werent there when it was happening.

/mu/ is a cesspool compared to what it was.
>>
>>64347444
Like I said, fucking retard
>>
>>64347280
>>64347505
>>64347557
>I WAS JUST PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED HAHA GOTCHA
>>
>>64347673
Gotcha, retard
>>
I can see DG being a cult band that will be much more appreciated later, similar to velvet underground
>>
>>64346831
They are making it really difficult to be a fan. Like with the newest track hothead that is complete shit.
>>
>>64347752
Yeah it'll either be that or they'll be completely forgotten.
>>
File: 1450429062351.jpg (205 KB, 359x642) Image search: [Google]
1450429062351.jpg
205 KB, 359x642
>>64347858
>Hot Head
>bad
>>
>>64346831
Hi
>>
>>64346831
You're not entirely wrong, but it's not going to happen, they've almost worn out their welcome in terms of innovation etc, and the "break up" was probably the dumbest move yet. Interview has some new directions which are interesting, "Hot Head" is like a more complex degeneration of what they've been doing. I hope the album holds up, but I don't know.
>>
>>64347673
how new
>>
>>64347898
They will retroactivelly be remembered in 20 years as the innovaters of industrial rap.

Rap, much moreso than rock, requires the labels pushing to truly reach the masses. I think people are definitely more open to experimental rock, but would rather their rap was conventional.

I love hothead though, its like ex-military rap fundmentals meet jenny death apocalyptic soundscapes. Encapsulates what they were, and puts it forth as one cohesive unit.
>>
File: stefan cigarette.gif (2 MB, 300x376) Image search: [Google]
stefan cigarette.gif
2 MB, 300x376
>>64347898
>complex degeneration
I like that, but I equally feel its more of a natural evolution for them. If you listen to their discography chronologically, there's a definite progression from a raw, noisy sound into a more sporadic, discordantly organised electronic chaos. Which I know sounds like an oxymoron here but that's just the nature of their music, it goes without saying they love throwing away the concept of genres, for the most part. Listening to 'Death Grips 2.0' and then Interview 2016/Hot Head doesn't feel like too much of a stylistic leap, in my opinion. Hell, even the rest of The Powers That B structurally doesn't seem too different.

But yeah I think most people at this point just want the memery to stop altogether, haters love to push that whole thing so they don't have to take Death Grips seriously, whereas the fanbase - for the most part, certainly not entirely - certainly don't do themselves any favours. It's a real shame, too, it's a shame people have to be so single-minded and close-minded. But that's just the way the world is, I suppose. I look forward to their next album nonetheless.
>>
>>64347865
Gonna go with the latter.
>>
>>64348069
I still think partially that theyre fanbase has aged, so they dont post them nearly as actively, especially on other sites. Part of their phenomenon was the mass obsession this board had, love or hate. Its still there for some, but the honeymoon is definitely over.
>>
>>64347858
Bottomless Pit is going to be such a pleb filter, I can't wait.
>>
>>64347516
They've been around long enough that their older fanbase has grown up and stopped listening to them
>>
>>64348142
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you. I still have a colossal appreciation for them artistically and musically, I'll most likely always remain a fan - but I think a lot of what there IS to discuss, HAS already been discussed. Several times over, even. The most there is to do nowadays is wait to see what they have in store for the future, and they've certainly built a reputation around keeping quiet and being cryptic.
>>
>>64347880
I agree. Hot Head is solid. Better than most of the tracks on JD and I really liked JD.
>>
File: 1461385906897.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1461385906897.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
>>64348202
Lol baka senpai

Most of their fans in /mi/ were under or around 20 when they got started. Now we are all mid twenties and dont really see the point in spewing verbal diarrhea into the post box ever other minute.

Unlike SOME people.
>>
>>64348324
>Lol baka senpai
>/mi/
>SOME people
Sorry, who has verbal diarrhoea?
>>
>>64347294
But what if they did and still don't like them? You seem to be implying that anyone who doesn't share your opinion are idiots who can't think for themselves Anon
>>
>>64348393
Difference is this is my first thread posting ive done in weeks.

Older browsers are not as active posters. Young'uns werent around when DG happened, so while they can hear the music, they wont comprehend how memetic they became. Its a two-fold issue.

People like you who dont like dg were ALWAYS there to shit up threads. You are ageless.
>>
>>64348508
You have the cant of a teenager who spends a lot of time on 4chan.
>>
File: 1456944453802.jpg (101 KB, 640x619) Image search: [Google]
1456944453802.jpg
101 KB, 640x619
>>64348593
Whatever bruh
>>
>>64348033
I hear the fusion of these two, really it touches on all of their albums, save maybe TMS, I only hope they take some of what they did with Interview and work it in, even though I find it lacking. I don't know how they'll hold up over time outside of the fanbase, however influential they may have been they still seem to fly under the radar.

>>64348069
I found Hot Head a lot harder to like immediately but it has grown on me, I assume it's better within the context of the album, I was almost a little put off by TPTB, more so the latter half. The new stuff is taking a new direction which may reinvigorate the sound for them with any hope. They're quite hard to pin down, even in the similar themes and style choices.
>>
If you like DG then never come to /Mu/ to discuss them
>>
tell me some good DG songs for a noob

never listened to them
>>
>>64348404
then good on them. and im not implying that at all - im implying the people who dont analyse music and instead just propagate dismissive memes are idiots. Dislike dg all you want but aleast know who you dont like - not just because the internet said so
>>
>>64346831
It's such a meme bro
>>
>>64349868
id just recommend listening to either exmilitary or the money store.

but if you want songs,
>no love
>get got
>ive seen footage
>the fever
>>
>>64348142
I think in a weird way it's also the fact that they're so consistent with their releases that there isn't that much to talk about, like, their sound certainly changes and some albums are better than others but even their changes are something you already expect so it's just end up being like, hey it's a new Death Grips album there isn't much else to say, for better or for worse.
>>
>>64350117
Fair enough, I also feel like while this is true, the little derivations they do make go wholly unnoticed. I know it's consensus that Government Plates isn't really anyone's favorite, but for me I'd rate it at One or Two on the list, since it is pretty unique and refreshing in a way for them. Same with NOTM, which I know a lot of people tend to claim, but I can't be sure who's earnest and whose not, not that it matters. Same for No Love, absolutely brilliant in it's use of drums, not to mention productions etc, seems so slept on. Though my No Love love may come from being in those threads for nearly 3 days straight with iGod and feverishly devouring any bit of information. Lil Boy forever remains in my top ten, maybe even five tracks from them.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.