[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /mu/sicians. I'm looking for some unique instrumental
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3
File: now.png (499 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
now.png
499 KB, 1920x1080
Alright /mu/sicians.

I'm looking for some unique instrumental samples. Post a clip of you playing whatever for me to sample.

Thanks in advance
>>
>>64345251
Man I'm sitting in class. I'd lay some beats down for you.
>>
>>64345251
Nah Fuck you
>>
>>64345273
Thanks, man, I needed that.
>>
File: tim.jpg (21 KB, 450x335) Image search: [Google]
tim.jpg
21 KB, 450x335
Still sitting here with a blank ableton project.
>>
>>64345380
so find yr own samples ya lazy uninspired fuck
>>
>>64345429
I can and have done that. I can also make my own samples. I'm just leaving this one up to chance to bring me some unique and interesting sounds that I can twist into coherency.
>>
why should I.
>>
>>64345429
This. Why would you expect people to spoonfeed you?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P1BFtSbC5U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rg9zobvDy4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4jH0WeV67I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuvUy9e2tvs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu2GKF7j8PQ
>>
>>64345672
I don't expect anything, but if somebody wanted to share a clip of something they've made for me to sample, they could give it to me. I would do the same if somebody were asking.

I'm just trying something new, here. I have plenty of my own samples, and I could go looking, but I kind of wanted a clip that is of somebody playing that's never posted anything.
>>
>>64345641
If you wanted to share, then that's why. If you don't want to share, then that's why you shouldn't.
>>
>>64345251
>I'm uncreative, spoonfeed me, the thread.
>>
>>64345753
>>64345429
Here's a loop I made.

https://clyp.it/lkbqnena

Feel free to use it while you shove a 12 inch black dildo in your ass.
>>
hey op, I can get behind what you're doing.
>>
>>64345736
>I don't expect anything, but if somebody wanted to share a clip of something they've made for me to sample, they could give it to me.
Why would anyone do that? Why would anyone actually give a shit?
>>
how about this op, send me a link to some stuff you've done, and if i like it I'll help you out.
>>
>>64345932
believe it or not, there are people who do share their work for sampling anonymously. I'm listening to one of them right now.
>>
>>64345251
Will you credit me? Will you give me a co-authorship for the song?
>>
>>64345977
If that's what you want, I'll give you the beyonce treatment.
>>
>>64345958
There are musicians who don't value their craft?

You don't say.
>>
>>64346008
>beyonce treatment.
I don't know what that is. Just answer the question directly.
>>
>>64345977
If I were to use the sample for commercial purposes, I would give you a writing credit.
>>
>>64345977
you suck, dude.
>>
>>64345948
uploading to clyp.it

It's a big file.
>>
>>64346157
Not how it works. You need to credit me anyways, regardless of commercial intent.
>>
>>64346212
Then I probably wouldn't like what you had to share anyway. So, hypothetically, thanks, but no thanks.
>>
>>64346233
Why not? You haven't heard it.
>>
>>64345948
https://clyp.it/xx1tbku2

Here's one.
>>
>>64346252
Your persona on the internet tells me that the music you make wouldn't resonate with me. I have considerable doubt you make any music at all, anyway.
>>
>>64346284
In what way? What's the real reason?
>I have considerable doubt you make any music at all, anyway.
I play in four bands and have been doing this for as long as you've been alive. How about you?
>>
>>64346326
I'm glad you play a lot of music. that's good for you. I can tell you value the time you've put into it and your talent.

I'm 25, picked up bass at 14, guitar at 17, drums and keys at 19, and DAW production at 20. That's my musical history.

And as for the reason, you come off as a huge asshole. I've learned that personality has a lot to do with the music somebody plays and likes. Through the power of deductive reasoning, I wouldn't be interested in sampling your shit.
>>
>>64346459
>And as for the reason, you come off as a huge asshole
Kind of like asking for tools to make your music for free? Then after denying, making up excuses not to credit a collaborator?

What does that say about your personality, and in effect your own music?
>>
>>64346525
I shared a loop. I would be completely up for swapping clips, for free. I have shared, and will continue to share, my music, for free.

here's the thing about this thread and I've been saying it since the beginning; If you want to put something up on clyp for me to sample, then that's rad. If not, then okay, go on with your day.

Obviously it's been a huge waste of my time.
>>
>>64346612
>I shared a loop
I don't care.
>I would be completely up for swapping clips, for free
Well, you come off as a huge asshole. I've learned that personality has a lot to do with the music somebody plays and likes. Through the power of deductive reasoning, I wouldn't be interested in sampling your shit.
>If you want to put something up on clyp for me to sample, then that's rad. If not, then okay, go on with your day.
Except I already said I would for you. *IF* you credit me with co-authorship. Why do you have a problem with that?
>>
>>64346641
I have no problem with giving co-authorship. I would absolutely give credit where it's due. Hypothetically, where would you want this credit? On the info of the track on soundcloud?
>>
>>64346696
>I have no problem with giving co-authorship
Then why the hostility here >>64346233
>>
>>64346641
>>64346696
I never did this:
>Then after denying, making up excuses not to credit a collaborator

When I said
>If I were to use the sample for commercial purposes, I would give you a writing credit.

I legitimately thought that would be good enough for you. As it would for me. But it wasn't.
>>
>>64346641
Why would you even want to be credited by some uncreative faggot that browses 4chan?
>>
>>64346746
Wasn't meant to be hostile, but honest. If somebody's creating caveats to use of a sample on an anonymous message board, they're probably not my type.
>>
>>64346775
I honestly can't figure it out. As far as most of the people who've posted itt are concerned, I'm just a basement dwelling nechbearded faggot who doesn't know how to find samples on the internet.

In reality it was just an experiment. But it yielded some fascinating results.
>>
>>64346765
>I never did this:
>>Then after denying,
See >>64345490 and >>64345736

>I legitimately thought that would be good enough for you
So you've been making music for over a decade and you don't understand how co-authorship works?
>>64346813
>creating caveats
See above. Do you not know how co-authorship works?

You just want something for free because you are lazy. If you weren't, you would have taken my samples and agreed to credit me. But you view the credit as a cost.
>>
>But you view the credit as a cost
I litterally do not.

Have a good day, sir or madam
>>
>>64346949
Then why would't you accept anon's offer?
>>
>>64347002
I said I would

see
>>64346696

I have no problem with giving a writing credit, commercial or not. I would do it for my friends and I'd do it for strangers. I just felt like I was being attacked.
>>
>>64347064
So you are backpedaling
>>
I always like to sample online drum tutorials
You can usually find a clean beat to loop that was mic'd very well, very little background noise, and extremely articulate rhythm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2SI7qXnHOE
>>
>>64347093
No, I just never really answered the question in the first place. I said "yes if I were going to use it commercially" Then when he said "no, you have to credit me regardless," I declined the offer because of a perception. In the same way, I have been percieved as lazy, when I was just trying something new.

So there you are. If I used a sample, and were asked to give a writing credit. I would. Final. Answer.
>>
>>64347131
Never thought of tutorials. It might be fun to get their talking in, as well. I think DJ Shadow has done that.
>>
>>64347169
>I declined the offer because of a perception
What perception? That credit is a cost.
>>
>>64347202
I think we've had another misunderstanding.

I completely, 100%, understand that if I sampled you, I would need to give you a writing credit.

The thing is, though, if I never hear anything you've made, and I never sample anything you've made, then there is no cost. I declined your offer because, as stated previously, I didn't think you'd have anything I'd like anyway, and it seemed like you were just fucking with me.

At this point, I would be genuinely curious what you would have to share, and as such, for the third time, regardless of commercial intent, you would get a writing credit if I used a sample of it in a song.
>>
>>64347335
>I didn't think you'd have anything I'd like anyway
Why is that?
>>
>>64347449
I've already answered that question.
>>
>>64347455
Where?
>>
File: thor.png (522 KB, 782x615) Image search: [Google]
thor.png
522 KB, 782x615
>>64347488
I said because you seemed like the kind of person I wouldn't like. I do realize that text on an anonymous message board doesn't communicate context well. I think I may have been wrong, but the amount of circles in which we are spinning is odd, to say the least.

So there you go, mayne. We did it. We made it to this here present moment. I don't think I can clarify my position any better.

I don't know who you are, but I'd like to.
>>
>>64347186
who knows you might even learn something
that way you can just make music yourself and not have to worry about sampling gifted musicians and passing it off as your own creative ideas
>>
>>64347589

Have you ever heard of DJ Shadow? He makes all of his music out of other people's music.
>>
>>64347578
>I said because you seemed like the kind of person I wouldn't like
What sort of person is that? You are still dodging the question
>>
>>64347650
an asshole who badgers a person over and over about an impulsive idea they had. Was that not obvious? You've really helped me self-reflect, though, so I thank you for that.
>>
>>64347678
>an asshole who badgers a person over and over about an impulsive idea they had.
You mean like
>>64345251
>>64345380
>>64345490
>>64345736
>>64345958
for starters
>>
Sample old video games
>>
>>64347648
seems like every decent self respecting musician I know would at the very least try to recreate the samples they want to use using their own voice and abilities. not just straight up rip them from somebody else.

If I took a punch of piano solo records and sampled them all into a sweet remix with effects and parameters to my taste, it still means I dont know dick about piano or how to play it. And I'm attempting to garner some sort of recognition from some other artists abilities.
>>
>>64347737
there you have it. I'm a fucking dick. I'm a piece of shit for asking if anyone had anything they wanted to share. IT'S SUCH A GODDAMN CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY THAT I ASKED IF SOMEBODY WOULD WANT TO SHARE SOME SHITTY LITTLE RECORDING THEY MADE.

Did you think I was expecting professional recordings? I was imagining an iphone recording. I have tons of those I'd give up. Fuck you and fuck off.

When people put ads up asking free shit on craigslist, you should go to their houses and explain why nobody should get anything for free. That's what you've done here today.
>>
>>64347822
It's fun to experiment with music and different styles. I like the element of found sound. The Books literally taped together old tapes and made them into music.
>>
>>64347826
Not him but it's obvious you
1) want shit for free because you are lazy
2) when someone offered to help you, you just didn't want his help because it wasn't totally on your terms
3) then when you got called on it you changed your story and now want to point fingers and call the other guy an asshole

He just wanted credit for his contributions, which is reasonable. As soon as he brought it up, you called him an asshole and invented reasons not to do it.
>>
>>64348047
while it may seem like that, it's not the case. Who gives a shit, anyway. There's dozens of websites that give samples away for free.
>>
>>64348047
I am lazy, though. I'll give you that. I'm definitely not paying for drum loops because I can get them for free. And I torrented ableton, too. Haven't made a dime off of any of it, so I don't feel bad.

But I stick to what I said, I would certainly give a writing credit to any anon or tripfag or talking cat if they asked me to. I never had any problem with that. The only problem I had was and is with that anon.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.