[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Albums you will never, ever understand, no matter how many times
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: my_bloody_valentine_loveless.jpg (39 KB, 565x565) Image search: [Google]
my_bloody_valentine_loveless.jpg
39 KB, 565x565
Albums you will never, ever understand, no matter how many times you listen to it.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (125 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
125 KB, 1440x1080
Wow.
I guess you're really pathetic then.
>>
>>64340725
Nothing to understand past DUDE TEXTURES and shitty pop songwriting
>>
>>64340725
it's pop music made by dysons

What is so difficult
>>
>>64340747
I don't dislike Loveless, but it just does not grab me. Listening to it while drunk or high has not helped either.
>>
>>64340790
Listen to my pic, that's actually something hard to understand because of all the intricate mathematical relationships in play.
You're a teenager.
>>
File: 510Vsyr21PL.jpg (61 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
510Vsyr21PL.jpg
61 KB, 500x500
I love it to death but damn i have no clue why
>>
File: kevin2.png (274 KB, 340x450) Image search: [Google]
kevin2.png
274 KB, 340x450
>>64340725
That's gotta suck. Listening to Loveless stoned is a transcendental experience.
>>
>>64340725
Not much to get. It's an easy pop album (and not a good one at that) with interesting experiments in texture. People did much more with shoegaze-esque textures after its release, and the album is more important as a landmark in the continuing development of rock than it is a great album in its own right.

>>64340790
Listen to Souvlaki. More subtle use of textures, and although it's another pop rock album, the songs themselves are actually very well-written. Loveless wouldn't be interesting at all without the effects, but Souvlaki would still be a decent album.
>>
>>64340825
>that's actually something hard to understand because of all the intricate mathematical relationships in play

Yes, I'm the teenager here, Mr Euphoria. Insulting me will definitely make me want to listen to your suggestions.
>>
>>64340864
I just don't think shoegaze is for me. Languid in the worst possible way to my ears. I'll keep listening though. Weird, because I love slow, melancholic music.
>>
File: magic square.jpg (23 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
magic square.jpg
23 KB, 250x250
>>64340747
Babbitt is doing university level crosswords.
It's boring and tends to emulate some unhealthy tendencies amongst academics, to believe that because it is fullfilling to comment, it's worth studying.
>>
>>64340790
Listen to it louder ;)
>>
>>64341171
Well yeah I know how it's made.
Just not like the makeup itself.
>>
>>64341185
Ayy
>>
>>64340725
Not with that attitude
>>
File: shapeofpunktocome_640.jpg (112 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
shapeofpunktocome_640.jpg
112 KB, 640x640
>>64340725
>>
>>64342109
this
>>
>>64340765
Came here to literally say this.
>>
listening to this now anon
what i get from it is beautiful layers, nostalgia, an good songwriting. i know another anon has belittled it for being just "good pop writing and muh textures" but surely that can be enough of a reason for it to be a great album too!
>>
>>64342109
That took me longer than Loveless, but still not that many listenings. When it clicks it's fucking amazing with both of them, but The Shape(...) might be better desu.
>>
>>64340765
IT'S SO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL THOUGH.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.