[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your music confessions here anon, I won't tell :^]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 247x247) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 247x247
Post your music confessions here anon, I won't tell :^]
>>
i fucking hate MUSIC
>>
I don't actually know shit about jazz, people think i do though.
>>
Taylor Swift is my favourite artist
>>
>>64340567
just say 251 and u know everything about jazz
>>
classical made before 1900 is boring as shit
>>
>>64340575
It's kind of sad really
>>
>>64340567
That applies to 95% of this board with music
>>
>>64340579
You forgot though you idiot, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gymnopedies
>>
>>64340579
music only started in 1910 so idk what ur talmbout bruh
>>
>>64340531
I'm a classical fag. Undergrad and graduate degrees in music. I know all the obscure classical shit that other classicalfags know.

But, at the end of the day, I think the best classical music is the most well known shit.

I secretly resent that other classical fags just love to be in this giant circlejerk about 2obscure4u deep cuts from a composer's catalog. Most of the stuff that has survived the centuries and is still famous is fucking famous for a reason. It's fucking great. I don't care if everybody knows it because it was on a Bugs Bunny cartoon. It doesn't diminish it one iota.
>>
File: 674532345.jpg (149 KB, 1018x763) Image search: [Google]
674532345.jpg
149 KB, 1018x763
>>64340651
I wish i had a friend like you IRL, now I am sad.
>>
I only like entry level shit from any genre i like. I don't bother with searching underground or lesser known bands.
>>
>>64340531
I think that Weezer's Make Believe isn't a bad album. It's not their best, but it's nowhere near as bad as people claim. Hell, I think it's better than Green, Red, Raditude, Hurley, and the White album. It's on par with Malidroit and EWBAITE. I'd say it's comfortably mid-tier Weezer.
>>
classical music is boring
i hare animal collective and swans
people only listen to noise and expiremental to be cool
i hate grimes, i hope she kills herself
>>
>>64340651
I am not a classical music fag. Why is classical music good?
>>
I still listen to bands I liked when I was younger

like Fall Out Boy, Dance Gavin Dance, Hollywood Undead, Asking Alexandria, and Motionless in White

I've expanded my taste a lot, but I still listen to these sometimes
>>
>>64340693
What's the matter anon, don't you want to go further down the rabbit hole?
>>
>>64340707
Well, some is great, and some is shit. It's hard, because "classical" is such a broad, poorly-defined term that encompasses all sorts of shit, a lot of which is really, really, really boring.

What you would find good would largely depend on what you like in other music. Some classicalfags can listen to Bach violin partitas all day long. I'm a violinist and for fuck's sake they're boring after a while. Some classical fags love crazy, avant garde 20th century atonal shit that basically just sounds like noise. Some people love Romantic symphonies. Some people dig opera.

It's all wildly different. And that's the trouble. It's all lumped in together.
>>
>>64340758
haha you fucking dork
>>
>>64340758
Same and i feel really bad about it.
>>
>>64340805
hey hey HEY

post a confession or GEEEET OOOOUT
>>
I thin Bush's Sixteen Stone is a brilliant 90's album.
>>
Confession: I honestly don't know why I come to /mu/ anymore. I don't hate this place, but I don't love it either. I think it's just force of habit.
>>
I've never listened to a Beatles album.
>>
>>64340883
is it the memes?
>>
I pretend to have a big knowledge about music theory to seem cultured
>>
I'm a huge fan of John Mayer
>>
I hate Primus
>>
>>64340531
Top 5 Favorite Artists

1) Dan Johnston
2) Skrillex
3) Death Grips
4) Porter Robinson
5) Eminem

I really love all these artists especially Skrillex and Dan. I met Skrillex over a year ago and it changed my life. I really really really like Skrillex. I am so proud of him.
>>
>>64340805
At least I don't post about them senpai

Besides right now
>>
>>64340758
This guy here again ^

>>64340946
I still listen to From First To Last a lot
>>
>>64340928
Hey I know you! You're EVERYONE ON MU
>>
>>64340884
I love the Beatles, but I've never listened to the white album.
>>
>>64340937
lol Primus sucks dude
>>
>>64340988
I got into Skrillex when I was in my senior year of highschool (21 now) and I think I was 17 when I got into Skrillex, I LOVED his stuff and I feel like shit that people always shit on me for liking him on here. Same with Porter and Eminem.

Is it wrong to love this kind of music if I still listen to mostly newer stuff now? Like sense January, I've discovered Death Grips, Dan Johnston, The Residents, Beastie Boys, Abba, Rage Against The Machine, and I feel like my taste is expanding, but I am still very proud of my earlier taste when I listened to basically dubstep only.
>>
I don't really listen to anything that came out before 1985.
Except Motown, but that might but from it being drilled into my head since I'm from Detroit.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (43 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
43 KB, 1280x720
I prefer Foo Fighters over Nirvana.
>>
>>64341099
>>64341043

WEW LAD
>>
>>64341043
I get why someone would hold on to old music, it's nostalgic and you had a taste for it in the past

I listen to nearly exclusively math rock and prog these days, but I can't deny my love for Paramore, even if I feel bad about it
>>
>>64341043
you're a fucking idiot to draw pride from listening to skrillex. and you're an idiot to be so embarrassed about it and care about our approval

you're just a kid with bad taste who's starting to get into music... no big deal
>>
>>64341099
Eh, me too. The first two Foo Fighters albums are fantastic.
>>
>>64341166
you should have seen me last year when i started posting on /mu/ i was much worse
>>
>>64341168
Wasting Light was bretty gud
>>
You know all those St. Vincent waifufaging threads several months ago? several each day?
Yeah that was me and i stopped shitposting a few months ago.
The best part is, i didn't even like st vincent, but people hate her more thanks to my shitposting, which is what i wanted and it was fun.
That's how easy it is to change /mu/'s opinion on something
>>
I want to gf grimes, still want to and wont not want to. I don't even feel bad about it.
>>
File: 1461598243281.gif (958 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
1461598243281.gif
958 KB, 500x369
I love this so much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T36814aSawM
>>
>>64340758
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMCAypd9Z8M
>>
I let imageboard group think influence jy taste too much.
>>
I mostly listen to pop music and I think part of that is because of sissy hypno
>>
>>64341321
what or who is sissy hypno
>>
>>64341387
basically it's hypnosis to make you want to become girly and have sex with men
>>
>>64341426
post ass
>>
>>64341426
ok well I think you'll understand I have several followup questions

what kind of voice is guiding this hypnosis?

Do you consider yourself straight in being turned on by this?

Do you listen to it while you sleep?

Are you also a pay pig?
>>
I think less of people when I learn they listen to metal of any genre. I think it's the lowest form of music there is.
>>
I listen to trad and classical but I prefer Popular music

I like Dark Side of the Moon and I think the reason /mu/ doesn't like it is largely due to contrarianism (not pf's best, though)
>>
>>64341455
http://neuralnetsandprettypatterns.tumblr.com/tagged/audio

I'm not >>64341321 but im into the same shit
>>
I'm listening to Jay Reatard for the first time and digging the fuck out of it.

T b h, when I'm not listening to the newest shit, I mostly listen to punk/emo music from the last five, ten years at most. I've tried going further back, but it's been slow goings.
>>
File: 1461433115227.jpg (62 KB, 936x1008) Image search: [Google]
1461433115227.jpg
62 KB, 936x1008
>>64341480
Close, but the worst form of music is classical. If you think I'm baiting, please kill yourself.
>>
File: marina14.jpg (225 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
marina14.jpg
225 KB, 640x640
Marina and the Diamonds is my favorite Artist
>>
No one I know IRL knows my true taste in music; I listen to Tame Impala or Porter Robinson or some bullshit whenever they're around because I don't think they'll appreciate Bill Evans or MBV or Aphex Twin
>>
>>64340531
I'm trying to get into jazz. But I can't play an instrument.
>>
>>64341653
All the bands you named are entry level as fuck, stop insulting the intelligence of your friends and pretending you have deep taste. I could find all those artists in the record section of urban outfitters
>>
>>64341438
sorry I don't feel comfortable putting pics of myself on the internet
I'm not feminine enough yet anyway

>>64341455
usually it's a woman's voice

idk what I am sexually really
It's like I'm romantically attracted to women and sexually to men
I guess I'd say I'm bisexual cause I want to be with a mistress to dominate me sexually and also feminise me and get me having sex with men

I never listen to it while sleeping

I've never paid for sessions with a mistress or anything if that's what you mean
>>
Hole are better than Nirvana imo
My taste in electronic music is entry-level as fuck (but I am trying to branch out)
>>
I listened to reggae when I was 14
>>
There's some good Christian music out there, if you're willing to actually listen objectively.

And no, I'm not talking about classical/art music.
>>
File: 1461451810234.png (895 KB, 983x667) Image search: [Google]
1461451810234.png
895 KB, 983x667
I have never listened to The Beatles
Pink Floyd
David Bowie
Arcade Fire
Modest Mouse
Led Zeppelin

I grew up in a house where no one listened to music, so I didn't start listening to anything until I was in 7th grade and got a cd player with random top 20's tracks on it

2016 has been a shite year for music thus far
>>
I like You Remind Me by Nickelback
>>
>>64341703
Are there jazz artists above Bill Evans/ Wayne Shorter / Miles Davis tier? Or shoegaze artists above MBV/Slowdive tier? Or, for whatever genre Richard D James is working in at any given moment, is there anyone better than him?
>>
>>64341841
>shoegaze artists above MBV/Slowdive tier?

you're a total pleb
>>
>>64341856
name 1
>>
File: 1460997268778.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
1460997268778.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>>64341856>>64341703
>there are better shoegaze artists than MBV
>there are better pianists than Bill Evans
>there are more generally creative musical forces than Richard D James
>>
>>64340773
Not him but I do this too. I like pretty much genre outside of a select few, but once I find a few bands within said genre I like, I settle and put them on rotation until I finish them. I'm very lazy and procrastinate a lot so I can go for months without listening to a new album
>>
>>64341841
my post had nothing to do with the quality of the artists. They've achieved a level of critical and commercial success that they're as popular and well-known as current bands like Tame Impala and whoever Porter Robinson is. You're not any deeper than them for enjoying it. Everyone likes it.
>>
>>64341856
MBV is the quintessential shoegaze though. I listen to a lot of it and none of it is as refreshing/engaging/original as mbv imo. I still like other acts, but I recognize mbv as the best
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.