[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the 70's produce objectively the best music ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Why did the 70's produce objectively the best music ever?
>>
Because that was the peak of prog rock
>>
Because that was the peak of prog jazz
>>
because that was the peak of roots reggae
>>
Because that was the peak of prog dream funk
>>
only because of the Ramones
>>
>>64338643

Because drugs
>>
fuckin boomers.
>>
>>64338730
.. we have better drugs now tho.

minus the cocain i guess
>>
>>64338643
>implying the alternative rock and old skool/early golden age hip hop of the 80s wasn't the most glorious point in modern music
>>
I'd say it was demographics. The giant boomer population meant that there was a ton of money in the music industry so production on records got more elaborate than ever before and there was lots of experimentation. Also this was the last generation to have a close personal connection to America's traditional/roots music. Boomers came up when Delta bluesmen were still alive and kicking, prewar folk and country artists and other such stuff. By the 80s-90s those guys had all died off.
>>
A lot of people hated the 80s because music became much slicker and more synthetic feeling; it lacked the more warm, folksy feel that was still present in much of 70s music.
>>
>>64338845
Bob Dylan certainly hated it anyway.
>>
except it was the 90s
>>
The 90s sort of dropped the slick 80s aesthetic, but there was really no going back to the 60s-70s at that point.
>>
I notice by the 80s you virtually see blues sounds disappear from music when it had been de-rigeur in the 70s.
>>
>>64338919
this is true, music peaked with breakbeat hardcore in 1991
>>
>>64339034
'Cept for Stevie Ray Vaughn.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.