[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of the Scorpions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
What does /mu/ think of the Scorpions?
>>
LISTENING TO THE WIIIINNNDDD
OF CHAAAANGEESSSSS
>>
Shitty dadrock.
>>
>>64335316
Actually moms like them more for some reason.
>>
I could swear that album had a different cover...
>>
>>64335316
>he didn't listen to blackout
>>
Used to listen to them when I was 11-13, and even than they weren't my favorite band, they are the poor man version of a rock band
>>
>>64334789
I didn't think much of them, but in retrospect, I think Lovedrive is a legitimately good rock album. "Loving You Sunday Morning" may be one of their best singles, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFNjxg-aX20
>>
>>64334789
>not posting the original cover
c'mon anon it's art, no one will judge you
>>
>>64335816
Aside from the mods that is.
>>
Fucking lit af, they are fun to listen to, fuck all you haters
>>
Unfortunately nobody in America knows about their 70s stuff and they never play it live when touring over here.
>>
Hard to believe in the 70s that this cheesy cockrock band would write WOC.
>>
Set a record for edgy album covers.
>>
Legit one of the worst, blandest hard rock bands in history. Perhaps their greatest crime is the fact that they were clearly the biggest inspiration for Dokken, who may actually be the blandest hard rock band ever.
>>
>>64336640
I can tell you listen to a lot of indie. You probably regurgitate "Muh organs" every time Deep Purple is mentioned as well. Kill yourself.
>>
>>64336662
I'm mostly into jazz (especially bebop) and punk (especially the noisier stuff), but I suppose punk fits a loose definition of indie

I actually like Deep Purple and I'm a huge fan of the doom metal they inspired. Some of their music is a bit weak though, but not because of the organs - I wouldn't criticize them for that, especially because I'm a huge Yes fan

I think it's a bit sad that you're so asspained somebody doesn't like what you like, but then I can't really blame you since you must take a lot of abuse for liking such shitty, bland, vacuous music
>>
>>64336696
>Deep Purple
>doom metal
Ayyy lad, that was Black Sabbath, you got your buzzwords mixed up. Black Sabbath is cool to like (early Ozzy-era only of course), but you're not supposed to like Deep Purple.

What are your three favorite jazz and punk artists?
>>
>>64336713
I know Sabbath had a much more significant role on doom metal than Deep Purple, but Deep Purple were clearly a huge influence on a lot of those bands. I'm not mixing up buzzwords.

For jazz, I like Charles Mingus, Ornette Coleman, and John Zorn a lot. For Punk I like The Ex, Jawbreaker, and Portraits of Past a lot.

Since I played your game, I wanna hear 5 of your favorite bands.
>>
>>64336771
Deep Purple is known for their influence on speed and power metal (the tempos, shrieking vox, neoclassical influences). That's like the opposite of doom metal.

My favorites are The Chasm, Van der Graaf Generator, Fates Warning, The Jesus Lizard, and The Fall.

What Scorpions have you even heard? Their 70s material is far different from their post-Blackout material.
>>
Almost a cultural institution in Germany. You can see fans from 60 to 20 at their shows.
>>
Some shitty dadrock band.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.