[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you ashamed of your tastes? >favorite band of all time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: korndoyiis.png (633 KB, 890x838) Image search: [Google]
korndoyiis.png
633 KB, 890x838
Are you ashamed of your tastes?
>favorite band of all time is Swans
>someone asks what music I listen to
>say Kanye West because I don't want them to ask what Swans is or associate with the edgy themes, and I know enough about Kanye to pretend I listen to him
Do you do this, /mu/?

Another thing, I don't hear Death Grips at all in Blackstar, why would he have said this
>>
meme school
>>
I'm a big fan of Swans and people who say they're edgy are just stupid
>>
>>64331045
Do you listen to Death Grips?
>>
>>64331079
>raping a slave
>Holy money/greed
>public castration is a good idea
How is this not edgy, regardless of if you like it or not
>>
I am not ashamed of my taste, but I lie about my taste to people I don't care about. If I actually like that person I'll be honest with them and maybe hope they understand, I'm not gonna waste time explaining to a stranger
>>
>>64331122
Except it's not.
How about I post the original definition of Edgy, as defined by Daria back in the 90's, instead of this stupid warped bullshit we have now that any kind of art that tries to act like it's dangerous or scary is inherently wrong:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=887WIB1oRAA
>>
>>64331122
Well maybe Gira himself is edgy (though I'd just say pretentious), I'm still a big fan, though.

I suppose I meant to say when people call me edgy for liking Swans
>>
>>64331168
no one cares about your old ass cartoons grandpa
>>
Well I never really lie, I just tell different people different things. I used to tell my friends what I listened to until they started making fun of me when I went through my poptimist phase. Now when they ask, I just tell them to fuck off. At least I got them into the Elephant 6 bands when I could.

When people I don't know as well ask me, I usually say the Beatles or Kanye depending on what they listen to. I do listen to both every now and again so it's not really a lie.

Still waiting for the day I find a qt girl to talk about shoegaze and post-punk with though.
>>
>>64331168
>watching anime
>>
>>64331214
And apparently you don't care about the actual meaning of words, and instead subsist on the meaningless dribbling terms dreamed up by NEETs on taiwainese image boards.
Or do you really think the ideas "beta male" "cuck" "nu-male" are something people on the street would do anything but laugh at?
>>
>>64331214
>>64331226
>they dont like daria

faggots these days
>>
>>64331250
>muh prescriptivism
no one cares about your old ass ideologies grandpa
>>
>>64331331
Right?
>>
>>64331214
>>64331226

DON'T SHIT POST. Delete your posts and apologize now.
>>
>>64331366

Don't shitpost. Apologize for driving down the quality of this board, fuck you.
>>
>>64331366
lol you're pretty dense grandchild
>>
>>64331436
let me just say thank u for elevating the discourse here on mu dot com
>>
>>64331481
>mu dot com
kek
>>
I never fake listening to anybody I don't. If someone asks me what I listen to though (Usually because where I live is filed to the brim with top 40 suckers), I pick the weirdest, fastest, or heaviest shit I like.

Only downside is not a whole lot of grills aren't very keen on metal, punk, post-punk, or even rock in general. One day maybe.
>>
>>64331481
Don't shitpost. Get off this board and off this site, I want it to be fucking 2007 again when the memes were epic and not ironic. Fuck you.
>>
>>64331168
>original definition
>watch video
>it's a satirical definition
>>
Dont be ashamed of who you are :3
>>
>>64331168
>ITT people shit on Daria

What the fuck is wrong with you people. Daria is amazing.
>>
>>64331815
plebs man they dont know shit
>>
>>64331815
I liked it when I was younger, but going back and watching it now I hate it, especially Daria herself, so much
>>
>>64331045
Bullshit, doubt death grips influenced anything
>>
File: pg.99.jpg (72 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
pg.99.jpg
72 KB, 500x330
>Anon what do you listen to?
>Mostly Emo and Screamo
>No... I don't mean it like that...
>>
>>64331045
No because I'm not an insecure faggot.
>>
Not really. I rarely talk to people irl about music though. I try not to come off as a sperg if it happens though and try not to name shit they probably wouldn't know, even if I think it's pretty "mainstream" for lack of a better word. A lot of stuff that's pleb on /mu/ in my experience isn't known by an average person, which is sad because I'd like to talk about some stuff more.
>>
>everybody knows me now...

Bowie for life. Fuck off
>>
>>64331045
my taste is very normie so no
but /mu/ tells me I should be ashamed to post my tastes on this board
>>
it will be faster if you engage with us walmart employees...
>>
>>64331045
>are you ashamed of your tastes?
no
>>
girl loves me is better than anything death grips has ever done desu
>>
>>64331045
>Another thing, I don't hear Death Grips at all in Blackstar, why would he have said this
Original and the reworked version of Sue. Especially the ending.Are you deaf?
>>
>>64331045
if I'm not mistaken, in the interview he was talking about wanting to be able to capture DG's energy and ability to commit a live sound to tape, especially when it came to drums and vocals. I guess this is manifested in title track and Sue, along with a couple others
>>
I'm not ashamed but it hurt in ways I have never felt to find out that everyone in Sonic Youth outside of maybe Steve was and still is, to a degree, a big pretentious asshole
>>
yes because people will laugh at you if you say you like gothic music
>>
>>64337421
Nardwuar is a subhuman though.
>>
File: tumblr_o0rymvDsAh1qzheh0o1_1280.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0rymvDsAh1qzheh0o1_1280.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
I would be ashamed of my taste if I let it be dictated by /mu/ (like having Swans as your favorite band, listening to Kanye West). Especially if the person who's asking you could've been on the board and knows what it's all about.
>>
>>64337454
He's probably autistic or something but he's such a positive guy and so enthusiastic that I can't understand why someone would want to be an asshole to him. Even aside from that though, I watched like 20 different interviews and Thurston is always smug as fuck, Lee is only slightly better, and Kim seems to never know what she's talking about.
>>
>>64331045
>Another thing, I don't hear Death Grips at all in Blackstar, why would he have said this

Girl Loves Me? Sue?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.