[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Neofolk General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: forseti.jpg (26 KB, 494x371) Image search: [Google]
forseti.jpg
26 KB, 494x371
Subliminal Eurocentric male-on-male bareback pederasty edition!
Currently listening to But What Ends again, literally the best and most definitive neofolk album there is. What's your genre-defining album and why?
>>
>>64320016
For BWE it can be said that it finds a good balance between synth/samples and acoustic guitar/instruments, subtle martial elements and bleak atmosphere that never lacks a shimmer of hope though. All the songs are good, only two of them skippable upon my relistening.
>>
please spoonfed me on some good neo folk acts I just know death in june, pat the bunny and mmm vashti bunyan counts?
>>
>>64320140
Death In June are the only neofolk act among those. They're also the most important next to Current 93. Sol Invictus, Forseti and Fire+Ice are also important 1st and 2nd generation neofolk and current stuff one should know are Of The Wand And The Moon and Rome.
>>
>>64320140
Current 93 is beyond essential. One of the best bands of all time, neofolk or otherwise.
>>
difference between neo-folk and anti-folk?
>>
>>64320535
thnx buddy
>>
I was spinning a lot of TMLHBAC stuff earlier today. Not exactly neofolk, but the association is close enough.
>>
>>64320990
>that aging fat fuck fascist chic goth in the back

funniest thing i've seen all day
>>
>>64321026
wow mean
>>
>>64320535
More bands that come to mind now:
Werkraum
Orplid
Sangre De Muerdago
Romowe Rikoito
Falkenstein
Nebelung
Tenhi
Sieben
Annabelle's Garden
Sonne Hagal
Ulver

>>64320882
Neofolk is a musical-historical term describing a new European folk music movement often combining classical and acoustic instruments with synthesizers, samplers and drum machines. It has its roots in the late 1980s when former synth pop and industrial musicians decided to dig into weird occult literature and obscure politics. Themes encompass mostly the male condition, a soldier's life, nature, philosophy and history. What is and what is not neofolk is decided mostly by association with the Neofolk scene, less by purely musical standards.

>>64320943
you're welcome

>>64320990
Well, there is no exact neofolk really. And yeah, leaving musical criteria aside their music is about as much part of the neofolk canon as the works of Boyd Rice. Which is to say, they are inseparable from the scene, just as all those shitty martial industrial acts.
>>
>>64320882
what's anti-folk?
>>
>>64321026
rude dude
>>
>>64321234
the front bottoms
>>
>>64321234
Essentially folk-punk in attitude just less edgy
stipped down, bare bones type stuff, often not covering a topic seen in regular folk such as politics, or personal experiences.
>>
File: Tollundmannen comfy.jpg (2 MB, 1314x1314) Image search: [Google]
Tollundmannen comfy.jpg
2 MB, 1314x1314
heeey! listen!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzbHvqN5RSw
>>
>>64320140
Notwendfeuer
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.