[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: describe an album you'd like to hear and get a rec
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1461528860068.jpg (145 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1461528860068.jpg
145 KB, 900x600
ITT: describe an album you'd like to hear and other people reply with albums that fit that description

>concept album
>lots of strings/"grandiose" instrumentation
>emotive vocals

pic unrelated
>>
>colourful
>upbeat
>distortion and noise rock
>but not noise pop
I've already listened to Afriampo and lightning bolt.
>>
something dreamy, preferably shoegaze with a really watery theme and a melancholic feel
basically something like Nowhere by Ride
>>
obscure, maybe a little noisy, jerky, sharp guitar wanking
>>
>>64321174
by noise pop do you mean Wavves? If not, King of the Beach
>>
>>64321174
bondage fruit - s/t or any super roots you haven't checked out yet

>>64321750
>something dreamy with a really watery theme
disco inferno - D.I. go pop

>something like nowhere by ride
engineers - s/t has a ride vibe but no psych rock elements

>>64321803
think i recd this last thread but albur - she used to feed me
>>
>>64319374
Probably not exactly what you're looking for but check out The Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed
>>
>>64322540
>Probably not exactly what you're looking for
it's not like i'm looking for anything specific anyways, i'll check it out
>>
>folkie, possible strings or chorus like Fleet Foxes
>but sad, melancholic, dark, neo-folkie vibes?

Something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37BZFhcbZ2M
>>
File: golfball.jpg (48 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
golfball.jpg
48 KB, 400x400
Something that sounds like DEVO's first album. Guitars on overload and such. Live instrumentation.
>>
>Dreamy
>Atmospherical
> into the spaceeeeee
>>
>>64324315
flying saucer attack - further
>>
something folky and melancholic
not so heavy / mopey as sufjan or elliot smith , but something somber
>>
>>64319374
Not sure about concept album but maudlin of the Well's album Part the Second fits the other two
>>
>>64322382
Not the guy you're replying to but I'm into what little Bondage Fruit I could find after seeing your post. Where the hell do you even go to find their albums? Not much on youtube and Spotify only has one album
>>
File: IMG_0767.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0767.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
folk/rock/pop with eclectic instrumentation and sound collage/musique concrete thrown here and there, kinda like Olivia Tremor Control, Major Organ, The Music Tapes
>>
I would love to listen an ambient, electronic based album, with an intense and spooky atmosphere, also catchy melodies. Lyrics would be nice, but are not essential.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.