[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Acclaimed albums you don't get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: replica.jpg (247 KB, 624x624) Image search: [Google]
replica.jpg
247 KB, 624x624
I listen to techno, ambient, vaporwave and other electronic stuff but I just can't into Replica
>>
Replica fills me with existential dread like no other album. Such a dark and nihilistic record, especially the title track is so melancholic.
>>
>>64315113
Yeah sure you're.What so innacesible about the album then?Its really normal album.
>>
>>64315249
>you're
You mean "you do"
>>
>>64315249
I just found it uninteresting and nothing really caught my attention desu, I'm a fan of Tim Hecker and other ambient music but this just did nothing for me
>>
>>64315329
You're right I typed it really fast and couldn't really care.
>>
>>64315348
but you listen to techno vaporwave and ambient
some of the most stylistically boring genres on earth
>>
>>64315113
Garden of Delete I didn't really get at first but after finding Kaoss Edge and listening to Garden of Delete more in context of the concepts he was going for, it's a really interesting project. I just want to delve deeper. R+7 didn't have me digging and relistening like this although I do believe R+7 is his magnum opus.
>>
>>64315348
There's no way you wouldn't love this album if you liked that kind of music.
>>
>>64315348

Some of the sampling techniques utilized on Replica are absolutely mindblowing. If you have any interest what so ever in sampling based music, and apparently you do because you listen to vaporwave, then Replica should be right up your alley. It's basically vaporwave but with actual effort but into it.
>>
>>64315348
>I listen to ambient Tim Hecker the list can go on...
Mate you're either retarded or just don't listen to ambient.Like I said already the album is really accessible and you can even google it and understand why was made
>>
>>64315348
I'm sure you like 2 8 1 4 though, lmao
>>
File: big-moe-cityofsyrup.jpg (51 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
big-moe-cityofsyrup.jpg
51 KB, 400x400
waiting for someone to explain this
>>
>>64315402
Yeah and that's why I'm so at odds about Replica, I have no idea why I can tolerate repititive techno loops but not this kind of stuff. Tbh vaporwave isn't really my thing, I've checked out a couple of albums but I can't say I'm a major fan. This is the kind of techno I like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubHfsEjbLX0
>>64315434
My favourite album of his is probably R+7 but I can't say I really like that either, I get it a lot more than replica though
>>64315488
As above I'm not that big into vaporwave
>>64315510
I'm a fan of Biosphere, Deepchord and Orbital. I guess that's more of the techno side of ambient though
>>64315525
Not really, like before I'm not a huge listener of vaporwave and when I do it's mostly trap influenced stuff like Subaeris, Fourcolon and Blank Banshee
>>
>>64315510
>i'm a pretentious contrarian hipster: the post
>>
Joanna newsom.
>>
>>64315671
>Iori

Found the problem. You're literally a YouTube-Core pleb. I bet you have Tycho in your bookmarks
>>
>>64315701
That doesnt even make sense
>>
>>64315705
But Tycho is the shit, actually.
>>
>>64315718
Yes it does. Stay mad and keep pretending you're so entitled because you listen to "inaccessible obscure" music. Your post was dripping with pretentiousness and contrarian hipsterism.

>Tim Hecker? Pffft he's garbage. And Replica is really accessible you just don't know what you're listening to or don't listen to good music. My music tastes are far superior because I listen to inaccessible garbage and can tolerate it.

Those were the implications of your post.
>>
>>64315800
You're retarded, he never said that Tim Hecker is garbage, and he never said that accessible means bad

You're just a dumb mouthbreather filled to the brim with retarded presumptions Kys
>>
>>64315701
Why?What did I wrote to provoke you like that?If you think listening only to Tim Hecker and Eno makes you ambient listener you're not right.And like I said already you have the whole internet in front of you USE IT.
>>
>>64315705
I thought Replica was supposed to be an accessible album, it shouldn't matter if I'm a pleb or not
>>
>>64315703
What have you listened to? Have One On Me is probably the most accesible in terms of aesthetics/style, where the experimentation is more in the form.
>>
>>64315838
I asked you already what do you not get from the album?Will you answer that question or you just want to blabber?
>>
>>64315113
only people with major depression understand this album. thats why bitchfork gave the album such a high score, they know their audience. i just regret wasting my time trying to understand it
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.