[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A woman and her harp. Strum me away to fantasy land you magniloquent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: RA3aleI.jpg (333 KB, 900x791) Image search: [Google]
RA3aleI.jpg
333 KB, 900x791
A woman and her harp.

Strum me away to fantasy land you magniloquent minstrel. My boner increases in girth with each wheat-fingered fleck of your yew-stringed lullaby maker.

And that voice, it's like angels fingering each other in helium heaven while pedophiles masturbate in hell.

Yes this album has it all. Oh, how I pine for a life in Narnia where I can see the computer generated deepthroating lion or make love to bizzaro Galadriel, and this album makes it a reality + mescaline.

Stand naked in a half full bubblebath and pour this album over yourself like oil paint. Rub it into your filthy body, and always remember to scrub behind your ears and underneath your nuts.
>>
Way to express your love for a nice album. Fair enough thread. Bump.
>>
4chan shitting the bed for anyone else? lol
>>
ayy, good one OP
>>
Heh, I like your style, OP.

Is there anyway we can write utterly crass reviews of Joanna's discography like OP did? Just for the sake of morbid and sick humor.
>>
yeah man I love her ass too
>>
Her voice is the ultimate poetic level of cringe.
>>
>>64315123
This.
>>
>>64313429
She's deliberately singing in the most godawful voice she can produce only to get people to believe that it is a 'profoundly unorthodox, brave artistic decision', as well as to obscure the fact that the melodies are falling flatly on their face.

She's a hack of the most unashamed order.
>>
File: 220px-A_Jingle_with_Jillian.jpg (32 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
220px-A_Jingle_with_Jillian.jpg
32 KB, 220x220
Joanna Newsome and Jillian should do a collab
>>
>>64315333
I've come to realize this lately. The songwriting on her first album is especially rudimentary, and she tries to cover it up by deliberately singing in a voice that is obviously not her own. I thought she was amazing a few years ago, but all of this has become painfully obvious to me lately. That voice she pulls cheapens her music for me, not even because the voice is bad - I can take "bad" voices as long as there's substance - but because it shows that she thinks her music isn't interesting enough on it's own.

So much music I used to love has been losing it's power to me lately, and it seems to be hand in hand with my ability to write music. When I couldn't write music everything sounded impressive to me and now there are only like three albums that I really, really enjoy.
>>
>>64316244
>there are only like three albums that I really, really enjoy

Which ones? I'm seeing the phenomenon I/you describe -- people variously trying to justify an album's merits using criteria that I don't find musical/melodic, for instance in case of 'Loveless', which is being extolled merely for its 'warm, encompassing texture' -- a lot as well recently (with the exception that I hardly write music myself), so I'm curious about your taste.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.