[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well guys I always thought Devo was some shitty novelty new wave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: up-1de.jpg (41 KB, 460x382) Image search: [Google]
up-1de.jpg
41 KB, 460x382
Well guys I always thought Devo was some shitty novelty new wave band with meme hits like Whip It but decided recently to delve deeper into their discography.

Jesus christ i've been missing out, some really great records they have put out, why did nobody tell me? Seems like everyone just memes about Devo here.

What is the best DEVO release?
>>
Q: A:
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQvEu6G-i_0
>>
D
>>
I think their first record is the best.
>>
oh, no! it's devo! and something for everybody if you like dancey-synthpop
if you are into post punk, the first one and new traditionalists
>>
>>64312442
Oh No It's DEVO is probably my default DEVO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGdCTy-Vm7o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eglgj77T0rk
>>
Q & A is best

Oh No for the memes
>>
Everthing up to and including Oh No! is worth listening to, I would say that QA is their best overall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxXulrYQ3rE
Hardcore is pretty great too, but it makes me kinda sad because it reminds me what they could have been
>>
>>64312442
Check out:

Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!
Duty Now for the Future
Freedom of Choice
New Traditionalists
Oh, No! It's Devo
Hardcore Devo Vol. 1
Hardcore Devo Vol. 2
>>
>>64312538
this is best devo song and one of best songs ever
>>
Is Something for Everybody worth listening to?
>>
>>64313970
It's not a masterpiece but it's a very solid comeback album. Check it out if you love their early 80s synthpop stuff.
>>
>>64312442
>I like post-punk
Start with Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo! and then listen to Duty Now for the Future. Duty is pretty much a continuation of Are We Not Men?'s style with more synths. Also check out both of the Hardcore Devo albums, they're like a lot like Are We Not Men? but a lot rawer and more experimental.

>I like synthpop
Start with Freedom of Choice and then listen to New Traditionalists and Oh, No! It's Devo. New Traditionalists is a lot like Freedom but there's less guitar and Devo use drum machines for the first time. Oh, No! It's Devo is poppiest album Devo ever made, it's dominated by synths and drum machines. If you loved all three albums then check out Something for Everybody and Something Else for Everybody.

Avoid Shout, Total Devo and Smooth Noodle Maps. They're only worth listening to if you're an extremely curious Devo fan who has already listened to all of their good material.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.