[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
its no secret that its quite fashionable for avant-teens to label
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 12345678.png (408 KB, 900x300) Image search: [Google]
12345678.png
408 KB, 900x300
its no secret that its quite fashionable for avant-teens to label king crimson's discipline as a blatant ripoff of the talking heads, but can we agree that the talking heads were just plagiarizing can's saw delight?
>>
>>64309598
>quite fashionable for avant-teens to label king crimson's discipline as a blatant ripoff of the talking heads
never heard that
>>
>>64309626
feels like every time we discuss 80s king crimson or adrian belew there is always that one fuck head who likes to try and claim the crimson king were just ripping off fear of music/remain in light even though one is doing prog and one is doing post punk
>>
also Talking Heads were plagiarizing this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj2Wg1galKw
>>
>>64309598
Brian Eno ripped off himself if anything
>>
>plagiarised
Not only does this not happen in music, caring about 'who did x first' is just infantile

Nobody cares
>>
Who cares, all of those albums are great. My favorite band is Talking Heads and I also love King Crimson stuff especially the 80s albums
>>
>>64309717

i completely agree desu senpai. im moderately trolling because i get tired of hearing the talking heads king crimson comparison. also i wanted to discuss saw delight because its actually a pretty killer album and it does remind me of fear of music
>>
is saw delight can's best late era album or are there other greats im missing out on? i've only heard their early work.
>>
Crimson were obviously taking a lot of influence from the Heads on that album though. I mean it's not surprising being as Fripp & Belew both played with them.
>>
there's no denying that Belew was inspired by Talking heads, especially considering he was a part of them for a very short while, but Discipline is AOTYAY
>>
>>64310793
do you think the talking heads were influenced by saw delight though? have you heard this album? it feels very plausible
>>
It's pretty clear that Discipline was influenced by the talking heads, although the album very distinct and unique in its own right and I wouldn't call it a ripoff.

Art is derivative.
>>
File: 1456459419021.gif (1 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
1456459419021.gif
1 MB, 350x197
>>64311102

OP here, i totally agree that KC was influenced by acts like the talking heads, no question. it gets pretty fucking annoying when i hear people try and disregard something like discipline just because fear of music exists. i mean teenagers are always going to form idiotic opinions to try and stand out, but if you're going to disregard discipline over influence then surely you must to the talking heads to because they aren't the sole great innovators some crown them to be.

the point of my thread though was to mainly discuss saw delight though because i really feel like its a sort of missing link. i really think the talking heads must have really been influenced by it and i want to know what you guys think.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.