[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to the music board >they unironically think kanye is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
>go to the music board
>they unironically think kanye is an artist

YOU CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 432x324) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 432x324
>>64309214
>>
>doofus from other board comes to /mu/
>doesn't know how to separate the art from the artist
>>
>>64309214
>KANYE IS BAD
why?
>THE MEDIA SAID SO
You trust the jews?
>N-NO
>>
>>64309250
>>64309240

LOL "separate the art from the artist", "the media said so" Holy shit you people are so full of it. Kanye is bad because he's a dumbfuck of a human that also happens to make bottom-of-the-barrel music and push it to bottom-of-the-barrel fans. If you want to listen to someone obtusely yell about stupid shit over top of generic BOOM BOOM BOP beats, go right ahead. The rest of us will sit back and laugh as you and your musical-industrial complex continue to destroy good music.
>>
>>64309239
fuck off trip cunt
>>64309240
>doesn't know the difference between artist and a singer
fuck off cunt
>>64309250
>KANYE IS BAD
because there is nothing good about him or his work
>>64309250
>THE MEDIA SAID SO
>media doesn't praise kanye
where are you living? i want that media.
>>
>>64309353
Kanye > Led Zepplin
>>
>>64309353
If you don't mind me asking, oh wise one, what you would consider to be "good music"?
>>
File: image.png (27 KB, 527x409) Image search: [Google]
image.png
27 KB, 527x409
>>
>>64309386

Nice try

>>64309412

Good music is music that resonates with the natural human condition. Modern pop and hip hop appeal to modern lifestyles, which have largely shifted to urban environments. When you put a bunch of rats in a cage that's too small, modern pop and hip hop is what you get. Songs that are about sex, drugs, money, anger - basic, animalistic human interactions. The arrangements become anxious, aggressive, simplistic.
>>
>doesn't know the medium is the message
>>
>>64309565
>Songs that are about sex, drugs, money, anger - basic, animalistic human interactions.

Just like Led Zeppelin or any rock act
>>
>things I like are art
>things I dislike aren't

Spoiler alert anon: art isn't inherently good, and artists don't necessarily make good art.
>>
>>64309565
no matter what you say, you're not changing anyone's opinion
If they like Kanye, let them listen to Kanye. Pushing your opinions on people just makes you look like a pretentious asshat.
>>
>>64309565
that's not what's bad of kanye, there's nothing wrong in anxious nor aggressive, he's not a rat and he never had been one, in fact, he's a bourgeois. he yells stupid shit because he knows his fans are stupid
>>
>>64309239
>>64309450
It sure is more fun to post memes like a fucking imbecile instead of coming up with a good counter argument
>>
>>64309620

>Kashmir
>Stairway to Heaven
>Ramble On
>Rock and Roll

It was pretty easy to think of Led Zeppelin songs that aren't primarily about those things. Now, find me a modern pop or hip hop song that isn't about fucking or being a nigga
>>
File: Everything i say is right.png (513 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Everything i say is right.png
513 KB, 800x600
>>64309565
tips
>>
>>64309675
YO I GOT THE WEED N THE GUNS YO
SNIFFIN THAT POWDA FUCKIN THE BITCHES
>>
>>64309645

Anxious and aggressive things literally release chemicals in your body that aren't good for you. Being stressed out is bad for you.

>Kanye is just PRETENDING to be totally retarded!!!

Be careful what you pretend to be, because you are what you pretend to be

>>64309632

We're on the internet, kid. Since this is like arguing against followers of a religion, I'm not trying to convince anyone otherwise. I'm just trying to explain how fucking dumb you are.
>>
File: neckbeard.jpg (138 KB, 800x1042) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard.jpg
138 KB, 800x1042
>>64309720
>We're on the internet, kid.
>>
>>64309720
>I'm just trying to explain how fucking dumb you are
Okay, but that's not achieving anything either.
Because of your posts I'm not going to change my musical tastes.
I'm enjoying my music without spending time out of my day to bash other's opinions.
You're enjoying your music and at the same time wasting your time achieving jackshit.
Pretty sure I'm in the better position.
>>
>>64309778
>>64309711

See >>64309668

HURRR DURRR
>>
>>64309720
he's retarded, indeed
>>
>>64309668
But it's ridiculous
Kanye is a music artist, you can't deny that, that's absolutely stupid
You can dislike his music, but that doesn't make him less of a music artist
>>
>>64309791

>Because of your posts I'm not going to change my musical tastes.

Right, which is what I just said. I'm just explaining why the music you listen to is bad.

>>64309805

>calling anything art

Sure is 2016 in here
>>
>>64309851
>I'm just explaining why the music you listen to is bad.
That's not achieving anything either, you mongoloid.
>>
>>64309675
http://youtu.be/Sf7YpEfpYwI
http://youtu.be/elVF7oG0pQs
http://youtu.be/niGrHvTFfu8
http://youtu.be/3mEuIWUbFO8
>>
can't we just not have threads like this one ever again?
>>
This is an awful thread and you are all fucking idiots
>>
>>64309214
>being this much of a fag

>>>/reddit/ or just kys
>>
>>64309917

>Family Business
Repetitive, generic beat; braggadocious lyrics; utterly simplistic lyrics about not caring about the diamond rings and fancy things when he's a multi millionaire with a clothing line

>Heard 'Em Say
Repetitive, generic beat; generic lyrics about "nothing ever promised tomorrow today" and niggas and Jesus; Adam Levine is the fucking featured guest

>Roses
I will give this one a few points for being about something other than being a hood nigga. Still, weak flow/delivery and the song is essentially a diary entry - more trite aphorisms. If some bedroom artist had released this song it would have been entirely overlooked.

>Ultralight Beam
LOL oh man I shouldn't even have to explain why this is trash

>>64310181
>>64310006
>>64309965

samefag
>>
>>64309668
memes are at least better than shitposting.
>>
>>64309851
Literally anything is art.

This very post you are reading right now is art.
Claiming it to be not would mean that art does not, can not exist.
>>
>>64310347

Wow you're either trying to troll or you're part of what's wrong with Millennials
>>
>>64310194
>something other than being a hood nigga

Show me a Kanye song about being a hood nigga
>>
>>64310382
Define "art", then.
>>
>>64310429
the best that has been thought and said.
>>
>>64310463
No
"the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power."
>>
anyone is a fucking artist. Its not some high standard to meet
>>
>>64310480
Abstract this statement further, and we might get somewhere.
>>
>>64310429

Paintings that don't look like they were made by a kindergartner or someone with Downs. Music that sounds like someone with talent wrote it and played it. Poetry and prose that isn't pretentious fluffed up SAT word practice. Sculpture that doesn't look like someone in your high school art class just found out what mixed medium is.

>>64310424

Homecoming. Niggas in Paris. All Day.

Don't be ignorant.
>>
>>64310528
Why should technical skill relevant for the qualification as art?
>>
>>64310528
You really need to take a step back and redefine what you consider art. Are you seriously telling if you saw a child draw some scribbles and proclaim it as art you'd go up to them and just fucking rip it up in front of their face and call them an idiot for considering it art? You'd go up to someone who has like...poured their heart and soul into something and is extremely proud of it and make fun of it to their face? Actually I really don't know why I'm asking you this because you seem like the exact type of person to do this
>>
>>64310561

Why shouldn't it? The burden of proof is on you.
>>
>>64310575
Cave paintings are considered to be art.
If you look at them there clearly was not a lot of skill involved in producing them.
>>
>>64310528
Ok you can go to bed now grandpa
>>
File: 2chain.jpg (457 KB, 3000x1853) Image search: [Google]
2chain.jpg
457 KB, 3000x1853
>>64310570
100% tru muh nignog
>>
>>64310570

>if you saw a child draw some scribbles and proclaim it as art you'd go up to them and just fucking rip it up in front of their face

Nope. I'd say that's a nice start and they should keep honing their skills if they want to be artists - instead of helicoptering around them and telling them what special little snowflakes they are and how all scribbles on paper are ART. See what kind of faggy world this creates? No kindergartner scribbling around thinks they're the next fucking Van Gogh.

>make fun of it to their face

Why does this have to be a part of your "patrician starter pack"? If someone made something totally bad and asked me for my opinion, then yes, I would be honest. But no, I'm not going to make fun of someone.

>>64310591

Cave paintings are much more artistic and stylized than a lot of modern art. You also have an odd definition of "skill" since you're talking about proto-humans here and how they were able to hone artistic skills without any modern technology.
>>
>>64310642
>Cave paintings are much more artistic and stylized than a lot of modern art
Show me, but do not cherrypick.
Besides, you already misused the word "modern".

>You also have an odd definition of "skill" since you're talking about proto-humans here and how they were able to hone artistic skills without any modern technology.
Putting paint into your mouth and spitting it at a wall while holding your hand towards that wall is hardly something worth mentioning for something that is considered to be vaguely human.
>>
worst thread on /mu/, Kanye>your favourite artist
>>
>>64310675

>misused the word "modern"

Alright, "contemporary" - happy now, faggot?

As for examples, look here http://donsmaps.com/fontdegaume.html
>>
>>64310513
Art is basically creating or expressing something
Music is using sounds to express it, then there's visual art, such as painting.
Some people thimk everything is art, as though everything is expressing something
>>
>>64310528
YOU CAN'T DEFINE ART
NO ONE CAN DEFINE ART
IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFINE ART YOU EITHER HAVE A GOD COMPLEX OR AUTISM OR BOTH.

sorry left my caps lock on
>>
>>64310194
but... you just asked for... man fuck you.
>>
>>64310807
>>64310807
>As for examples, look here http://donsmaps.com/fontdegaume.html
Are you just pretending to be retarded?
I want you to show me modern art that is less artistic than cave paintings.
>>
Kanye West is shit, almost as shit as people talking about him even when they don't like him

Just don't bother talking to people who claim West is good.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.