[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is it so hard to get people to listen to my music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: .jpg (48 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
48 KB, 640x640
why is it so hard to get people to listen to my music
>>
post it
>>
why do you seek the validation of others in the first place
>>
Take over your local radio station at gunpoint and play your music over and over again on there.
>>
Answer these questions
>are you playing frequently around your area?
>are you networking with local and artists of a similar mind?
>are you taking advantage of websites and areas that help underground musicians gain exposure? (Blogs, inependent review websites)
>are you producing material that you feel proud of?

The goal is to be able to say "yes" to these and continue to do so. Perseverance is key OP
>>
ill listen to it bruh, wheres it at? prolly sux tho thats why lmao
>>
yet another person reporting in literally begging to listen to your music
>>
I want to listen to your fucking music. Let's go
>>
give us the fucking music holy shit
>>
>>64305036
this thread is a really good example
>>
Donde esta la musica?
>>
>make music
>people ask for it
>doesn't give it to them
>"why won't they listen to my music!?!?!"
>>
Can I listen to your music, please?
>>
If you don't post your music in the next five minutes I will literally kill myself.
>>
>>64305036
Bad taste. Obviously.
>>
CAN I PLEASE HAVE YOUR FUCKING MUSIC.
>>
op is a fag
>>
None of you fucks will be continuous listeners anyway just give the OP advice and move on.
>>
File: 1461482444607.jpg (125 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1461482444607.jpg
125 KB, 500x375
>>
File: IMG_0772.jpg (13 KB, 300x201) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0772.jpg
13 KB, 300x201
you have me in your pals i am literally minutes away from suicide is that what you want?? is that what you FUCKING want do you want me to die no no you dont youre just a pathetic little fuck whos scared to show us his bullshit FUCKING chiptune SHOW ME YOUR MUSIC i swear to god i swear to fucking god i will do it dont believe me? mark my words if you dont post your goddamned music in the next 10 minutes look at the news ok cause im gonna be on there and im gonna be dead and it will all be because you didnt show me your fucking music
>>
Honestly fuck you guys.

I just wanted to vent my frustration about people not listening to my music and then you all get demanding and ask me just give you it.

It's really rude and I'd greatly appreciate it if you stopped.
>>
>implying anyone here will care enough to support the OPs music

you'll listen to it once and forget he exists. just give the man some how tos or something
>>
>>64305339
this isn't the OP btw
>>
that feel when i make shitty music and i know it sucks and i cant get to that next level of goodness because i hate all that edm tropical house shit and pop chords bieber shit and trap one note spam drops and shit

fucking shit sucks. everything sucks.
>>
>>64305341
maybe people can give him advice about his production
>>
>>64305341
>>64305294
This isn't always the case. One True God posted his music here once asking for support and now he has a small but dedicated fan base rooted.
>>
>>64305385
>next level of goodness
clarify: are you saying you can only become popular by making the type of pop music you describe and that's "goodness" or you're currently making that type of music and want to branch out to actual art?
>>
>>64305398
this

if it's truly something, you won't be able to resist it

this fact alone should reveal how much shit you listen to that isn't really good at all but just do because someone told you to
>>
>>64305419
im saying, that pop beats1 radio edm festival shit is what the ceiling is right now, and its hard to get to that same level without copying them completely
>>
Try killing yourself. Dead artists are always cooler then living ones.
>>
>>64305075
>>64305104
>>64305138
>>64305146
>>64305173
>>64305208
>>64305219
>>64305228
>>64305267
>>64305328
since op failed to deliver you can listen to my music thanks mu <3
(its shit)
http://requiemforvenus.bandcamp.com/
>>
>>64305454
edm's on it's way out

work on understanding music and production more generally as well as actually trying to be even a little creative (hard for people like you, I know)
>>
>>64305492
i do listen to it more generally, that just contributes to my hatred more. its all the same fucking shit, same chords, same notes, same sounds being used by everyone even.
>>
>>64305489
Hey guys, don't mind me, just shilling my shit :^)
>>
>>64306061
it's shit, also
>minimum $7
lol
>>
>>64306061
shilling?
>>64306104
awhretrATRHFGDFFRwhat
>>
>>64305092
>>
>>64305489
>http://requiemforvenus.bandcamp.com/track/sweep
lmao, maybe, just maybe, because you're literal shit. some people have heard you music, they didn't want to do it again. it's really that simple OP.
>>
>>64305036
>why do you seek the validation of others in the first place

Playing music only for yourself is like masturbation, anon... Not unenjoyable, but quite factually a simulation of the real thing. Op wants to get laid musically and perhaps make offspring even. Music and love are meaned to be shared.
>>
>>64307225
what are you trying to say anon im not the op hence why i said "since op didnt deliver"
>>
Your music might be self-centred and unrelatable, but that seriously doesn't matter
>>
>>64307324
oh no, shit anon. i didn't read and was mean for no reason. sorry anon.
>>
Here's why:

Instead of listening to the stupid shit you aren't even willing to shill without judgement among us, I could just listen to something I already know I like.

God damn it how hard is it to run retarded campaigns among your friends, share your own shit on facebook, respond to whoever comments on your soundcloud.Just pretend you are already big when you are shilling and people will listen to it because of that.Fuck it just make 10 accounts and comment on your soundcloud with them, easy.

Or go suck a producer's dick and he'll help.
>>
because either your music is shit, your album cover is shit or you dont know how to market
>>
>>64307403
lol its ok anon <3
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.