[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's only a matter of time before this guy sells out and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 051513-blake-412x412.jpg (72 KB, 412x412) Image search: [Google]
051513-blake-412x412.jpg
72 KB, 412x412
It's only a matter of time before this guy sells out and scores a Top 40 single
>>
i have bad news for you bud
>>
Nah I just think he was flexing his R&B side, which he totally has. He's still the best mainstream artist out there but I don't think he'll sell out.
>>
>implying this didn't already happen in 2010
>implying his best work wasn't his dubstep EPs
>implying his RnBtronica schlock on his studio albums is good
yeehaw pards
>>
Fucking hipster.
>>
>>64302227
Um yeah his s/t is definitely good
>>
>>64302175
>60 seconds on a Beyonce track
>"It's only a matter of time before this guy sells out and scores a Top 40 single"
>>
>>64302256
It has good tracks, but none of them come close to the likes of "Air and Lack Thereof" or "CMYK" or "The Bells Sketch"
>>
shh you're gonna wake the poptimists

btw this is his best release
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oI5HvfxgpU&list=PL5ch_wmMbbz2AUuZ7GJkZL4lOVQboyaaH
>>
>>64302227
seconded you beautiful anon anyone that doesn't agree likely hasn't been exposed to enough
>>
>>64302335
I disagree
>>
>>64302336
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSNO4ZEpNis
>>
>/mu/ has already forgetten that he already went from a strictly underground club music-rooted sound to a more accessible derivation of that style and scored a Top 40 song, a top 10 album, and heavy acclaim from major music publications (especially those that typically ignored dance music) as a result
>>
>>64302227
His debut album was great in my opinion, but I do wish he would revisit his dubstep days. The three 2010 EPs are fantastic.
>>
>>64302227
>>64302479
>>64302616
>muh dubstep
dubstep is literally is so fucking wack that james blake shouldn't even be said in the same sentence is that shit.
>>
>>64302335
I agree with you, but that particular dubstep style really peaked and then sort of died off unfortunately - at some point artists have to move on or come off as stale. For instance, most of the guys who were putting out material on Hessle are now releasing techno that's not nearly as good as their dubstep shit.

I do wish Blake had gone in another direction though. This indie-RnB shit is pretty milquetoast.
>>
>>64302705
James Blake did make dubstep though. Are you daft?
>>
>>64302743
Yeah, but definitely the reason producers like SBTRKT and Joy Orbison and the like are nobodies now is because the scene really changed when the 2010s started and they couldn't really adapt, while James opted for a style that abandoned his club roots, but was accessible to indie and rock kids.
>>
>>64302783
sounds more chillstep than straight dubstep to me bro but whatever
>>
>>64302175
His next album has over 18 tracks and it includes a 20 minute track I believe, he said it on one of his most recent Radio 1 shows, so don't be so worried
>>
>>64303357
>album 18 tracks long
>one track is 20 minutes long
>one track called "Timeless"
>chock-full of features from rappers and indie rockers
Why the fuck is this dude trying so hard to be mid-late 90s era Goldie?
>>
>>64303497
And much like Goldie, if the singles are any indication, this album is going to be every bit as pretentious, bloated, and disappointing as Saturnz Returnz was.
>>
>pianist

>more than competent DJ

>great voice

>great song writer

but what's most unusual about him is his ability as a producer. What other musician do you know that actually producers every aspect of his tunes without a team that can do as many other stuff?

This is why I don't he'll achieve mainstream success on the same scale as your katy parys, adeles, sam smith, ed sheeren, etc.

His music isn't homogenized enough to fit into the pop machine. His sound is too jame's blake, and full of his own personality.

that is, unless he sells out
>>
>>64303685
I really hope not, I thought Modern Soul and the self titled track (only concert footage is available) were great but Timeless has me very worried. :(
>>
>8 million net worth
>waiting to sell out

um
>>
Overgrown was good tho because sadboy

Hes next album is supposed to be more upbeat tho ;_;
>>
Cue the Beyonce guest spot.
I tried to tell you guys this guy wasn't worth your time.
>>
File: 1327905838813.jpg (33 KB, 360x267) Image search: [Google]
1327905838813.jpg
33 KB, 360x267
>>64302884
>chillstep
>>
>>64302884
you don't know what dubstep is
>>
You could see the start of it with Overgrown, this next album is just going to be more of that. Established sounds with muh vocals.

He's gotten more and more boring since his EP's and the s/t.

I mean I might be wrong but I don't feel all that optimistic.
>>
>>64302884
>chillstep
you must be over 18 to post on this site, son
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.