[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEW BEYONCE THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: bae.png (822 KB, 669x642) Image search: [Google]
bae.png
822 KB, 669x642
Queen just released AOTY

Discuss
>>
I dare you guys not to talk about race for one thread and just talk about the music.
>>
hey guy's she's BLACK
that's BAD
>>
Fuck niggers.
>>
>>64300396
eff you, n-word lover. that's the only reasons yt ppl like this untalanted b-word.
>>
don't think it was aoty but it was pretty good
hold up best song
>>
Anybody have a link to the video?
>>
>>64300372
where do i watch this shit everybody twittering about? i dont have tidal.
>>
mah nigga james blake getting a feature
>>
>>64300511
Your review out of 10?

I'm waiting around for a 320 mega link.
>>
>>64300554
http://www.audiopremieres.com/2016/04/beyonce-lemonade-stream-download.html
>>
File: Lemonade_Cover_Beyonce.jpg (63 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Lemonade_Cover_Beyonce.jpg
63 KB, 600x600
This is the newest inductee of the shitty album cover hall of fame
look at that color scheme lol
>>
black people disgust me

Can't listen
>>
>>64300396
Alright, the music is trite pop R&B. Even sadder is that Beyonce had almost no creative input in what will soon be called her masterpiece.
>>
>>64300624
thanks senpai you a real one
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRNYM55fIyk

Clean your ears with some passionate Japanese girls at a small concert
>>
i want poptimists to leave
>>
>>64300597
like a 6.5/7
>>64300652
beyonce obviously makes you really really angry so why are you still talking about her? why don't you go discuss something that you enjoy? i'm genuinely curious here dude i don't understand what you're getting out of this
>>
It's pretty good
Much better than I expected
>>
>>64300634
WHAT TO HECK?
H
A
T

T
O
H
E
C
K
>>
>>64300692
2nd. Are you guys still in middle school?
>>
when formation came out I thought it was retarded but it grew on me and it's bangin.

gonna give this a listen
>>
>>64300692
>WAHH WHY WON'T YOU TALK ABOUT MY OLD DINOSAUR ARTISTS THAT NO ONE CARES ABOUT

This is how dumb you say
>>
File: 1450733942717.gif (2 MB, 480x364) Image search: [Google]
1450733942717.gif
2 MB, 480x364
>>64300372
who/lovedrought/here
>>
>>64300652
yeah man I can't find a dl link either
>>
>>64300748
>This is how dumb you say
Sorry I meant "This is how dumb you say" you fucking dumb stupid bitch
>>
>>64300708
When were faggots like you allowed on this site?

I would expect this level of stupid on a youtube comment
>>
>>64300805
found this on tumblr
http://www43.zippyshare.com/v/pRNhPWFj/file.html
>>
tbqh I liked the last one a lot more.
>>
>>64300833
(i was being funny and clever but thanks)
>>
>>64300812
fuck you got me good dude
>>
>>64300372

TPAB is far better than this. Its a dope album. But TPAB started ALL THIS shit from rappers using soul, funk, and newschool sounds were hearing today. It not only was one of the most unique ways to tell a story, to tell an album. but it was a huge success and regarded as one of the best rap albums all time ALREADY by many hip hop fans.

You saying that LEMONADE is better is very disrespectful and just not true lol. beyonce may have a few of her song from this play on the radio but it wont do as much as TPAB. TPAB f—king united cultures more.
>>
>>64300812
http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
>>
Download?
>>
>>64300372
I personally find Beyonce to be one of the most loathsome figures in modern pop culture. She has so little discernible talent and most of the songs she sings over aren't even good by pop standards, and yet she is heralded as some kind of icon based on her cynically opportunistic support of trends and fads.

I remember looking at Pitchfork's recent list of best pop songs of the 80s, and Prince was at number 1 (I think). In the piece they had written about the song, they insinuated that Beyonce was like the modern equivalent of Prince. It was at that point that I decided to never visit Pitchfork again. It sort of perfectly summed up the modern pop culture cancer of celebrity and vapid identity politics being more important than actual talent or, you know, THE FUCKING MUSIC.
>>
>>64300977
http://www57.zippyshare.com/d/8irmecSe/3623143/LMND2016.zip
>>
daddy lessons actually sounds pretty good.
if beyonce revitalized modern country music, I wouldn't complain
>>
>>64300998
This.

Watch this and you'll manage to hate Pitchfork and what they market even more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_n4MROE6Ok
>>
>Beyonce being discussed on /mu/
I didn't believe the neo/mu/ memes until this very moment
>>
File: I896LoZ.gif (2 MB, 200x259) Image search: [Google]
I896LoZ.gif
2 MB, 200x259
>>64300998
>>
via p4k

Jon Brion is responsible for the strings on the album. Meanwhile, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Soulja Boy have both been credited on "Hold Up" for samples of "Maps" and "Turn My Swag On" respectively. Diplo, Vampire Weekend's Ezra Koenig, Emile Haynie, MNEK, and Father John Misty have writing credits on "Hold Up" as well. Jack White and Led Zeppelin have writing credits on "Don't Hurt Yourself," which samples Led Zeppelin's "When the Levee Breaks." "6 Inch," featuring the Weeknd, was co-written by him alongside The-Dream, and samples Animal Collective's "My Girls." Outkast's "SpottieOttieDopaliscious" is sampled on the song "All Night," which was also produced by Diplo.
>>
>>64301033
hey can you answer my question buddy >>64300708
>>
>>64300931
dude what, dr dre, puff daddy, and kanye used soul/funk sounds way before kendrick lamar existed
>>
>>64301075
I could, but quite frankly I'm not sure I could get my point across to a simpleton like you.
>>
>>64301046
>haha he cares about music, what a loser!!!
Please leave this website and/or kill yourself.
>>
>>64301110
oh my god go to bed
>>
>>64301110
that's the classic "i have no answer to that question" cop out anon
>>
>>64301110
*tips fedora*
>>
>>64301074
are they gonna have an epic thumbwar tournament to see why gets to deliver the AOTY acceptance speech at next year's Grammy's?
>>
>>64300511
Definitely not aoty but Hold Up is fucking gorgeous, diplo and beyonce both came through so brilliantly
>>
>>64301155
It was just the old "if you don't like it, why don't you leave!" argument anyways
>>
it's a lot weaker than s/t but I'm not disappointed.

>>64300998
lol
>>
>>64301132
no u
>>
7.7/10

Not bad

>Jack White
>James Blake
>>
File: hvqW5y9.jpg (39 KB, 595x324) Image search: [Google]
hvqW5y9.jpg
39 KB, 595x324
>>64300652
It's not that hard to look up the production credits you know?
>>
File: 1461100623463.jpg (23 KB, 240x251) Image search: [Google]
1461100623463.jpg
23 KB, 240x251
>there are fucking butthurt nerds on here who can't get into beyonce

lmao and you virgins wonder why u can't get laid fucking idiots
>>
>>64301110
Can we ban trips?
>>
>>64301004
its legit
>>
>mfw Walk on By sample
>>
>>64300652
>muh premodern ideals
>>
>>64301074
no mention of the really obvious Isaac Hayes Walk on By sample in there or did I overlook it
>>
File: fec.jpg (22 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
fec.jpg
22 KB, 600x400
>>64301232
Could you imagine them hanging out with a girl, and they're about to get it on, and she puts on some Beyonce, and they just go full sperg mode?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1459678884112.jpg (35 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459678884112.jpg
35 KB, 480x640
>sampled Animal Collective, Led Zeppelin, Yeah Yeah Yeahs
>Father John Misty co-wrote Hold Up
>Diplo on production
>The Weeknd and Kendrick as features

I'm fucking cumming buckets right now. Not aoty but god damn I'm impressed nonetheless
>>
>>64301293
Yeah I just got there myself and I was surprised it was left out as well as ''My Girls'' supposedly being sampled, as I couldn't hear it at all
>>
>>64301205
my initial reaction

There was a pretty significant risk that she would completely bomb, but several tracks are as good as her last record
>>
>>64301342
yeah I don't hear My Girls in there either.

and that really seems like some blatant credibility slurping putting their sample in there. pretty vampiric move, someone at the top like her trying to suck up the lifeblood of better artists like that
>>
This sounds pretty mediocre
am I being trolled
>>
File: just fucking kill me.jpg (148 KB, 776x518) Image search: [Google]
just fucking kill me.jpg
148 KB, 776x518
>>64301244
pls moot-ripoff, save us
>>
>>64301221
>"Oh yeah, can you make me a song that sounds country?"
>"Sure thing ma'am"
>"Thanks, I'll credit you as additional production"
Someone who can't play any instruments and needed dozens of producers on every previous album is surely not producing her own work on any sort of technical level.

>>64301140
>>64301155
>>64301161
>>64301244
His question was just as stupid. Who questions someone's right to be critical of art? I wasn't going to give a legitimate response to an idiot who's mad because I don't like the newest hyped garbage that has millions of dollars poured into it so that it can be marketed as widely as possible.

>>64301299
Sampling those artists is as simple as:
>She [sic] too smart to crave material things
That's right, no melodies or even vocals sampled from the original piece. There's no reason to believe that Beyonce (or, more importantly, her producers) are even aware of Animal Collective. Just stupid shit that retards are gonna say to justify their garbage taste and to make Beyonce seem more intelligent than she actually is as an artist.
>>
>>64301382
You don't have to like everything other people like anon, live your life you beautiful butterfly you
>>
Kinda disappointed desu. Never listened to a solo Beyoncé album before her self titled or whatever that she dropped out of nowhere a couple years back and I was surprisingly impressed with it. The only draw to this one seems to be the fact that it's Beyoncé and the fact that she's ripping up Jay-Z.
The first half of sorry and formation are pretty good songs though.

Also worth noting is how dark her last album sounded sonically but this one seems to have a darker subject matter (divorce, infidelity) but it sounds fairly generic like the lyrics could be about anything and the beats would still fit.
>>
>>64301399
hey what do you think of Metallica?
>>
>>64301399
Hey man they're fucking with you, FYI
>>
>>64301399
>Someone who can't play any instruments and needed dozens of producers on every previous album is surely not producing her own work on any sort of technical level.

this logic is entirely based on your bias and preconceived idea of what Beyonce is. You don't know what you just said to be true, you're just saying it be edgy. It could also apply to all your favorite artists who had engineers, or other musicians work with them.

>His question was just as stupid. Who questions someone's right to be critical of art? I wasn't going to give a legitimate response to an idiot who's mad because I don't like the newest hyped garbage that has millions of dollars poured into it so that it can be marketed as widely as possible.

Yah but you're a tripping, instead of being legitamely concerned with the value of your contribution/criticism you want to have a name, fuck off trip

>That's right, no melodies or even vocals sampled from the original piece. There's no reason to believe that Beyonce (or, more importantly, her producers) are even aware of Animal Collective. Just stupid shit that retards are gonna say to justify their garbage taste and to make Beyonce seem more intelligent than she actually is as an artist.

Same thing as your first argument, just bias, and an unneccesary argument anyways, its cool on the audiences part to hear an interesting sample, what does it matter what the artists' intention is anyways?
>>
focus-grouped illuminati trash for hype-surfers and poptimists
there's zero artistry to this record, no discernible artistic voice, but rather the aura of anonymous corporate moguls in suits
you braindead faggots should stick to p4k/facebook/tumblr and leave /mu/ to those who truly care about music
>>
File: niggaskilltheyselves.png (193 KB, 668x590) Image search: [Google]
niggaskilltheyselves.png
193 KB, 668x590
>>64301399
okay but take this into account

who

cares

an entertainer doesn't have to have artistic integrity
It does fucking matter who produced it or who worked on it.
Did it sound good?

>>64301205
>7.7/10
thats all that should matter
anything other than rating or criticism is shitposting
>>
File: why (3).jpg (30 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
why (3).jpg
30 KB, 300x400
>>64301533
>being this self-loathing
>>
i feel like people just like beyonce just cause shes beyonce now days not becayse she sings. none of her music is really... goes in really hard ya know she just kinda saying stuff not singin.doesnt anyone else feel that way? or is it just me? also i feel like gay people just like her cause "shes bey omgggg queen bey yasss"
>>
>>64301533
>i dont like pop music
>tumblr and reddit are ruining my faggot music board
eat a cock or two my dude you might find yourself relaxed
>>
hey guys i guess you were right.... sorry for the dumb posts
>>
>>64300511
AYYO HOL UP
>>
>>64301563
back to r*ddit

>>64301570
I like good pop music. This album is memetrash
>>
>>64301567
use comas
>>
>>64301567
well its a little bit of that
shes one of the few artists we as gays can sympathize with
but that makes it about something else

the truth is it's an okay album

the james blake feature wasn't even that impressive
>>
>>64301533
haha what do the kids like right now? that guy with the hair who sounds like prince? weeknd! ya whos that crazy dj guy not the dubstep kid the old one, diplo! get him. that black kid who everyone loves right now? uh uh lil wayne? no Johnson goddammit ur fired! Lamar! Kendrick yes get him!

now what is the album going to be about? duh, what over 50% of all love and relationships are about divorce! yes Smith goddammit youre promoted! k lets send this over to Beyonce im sure she'll love it good meeting fellas.
>>
download link???
>>
File: happy.jpg (25 KB, 500x405) Image search: [Google]
happy.jpg
25 KB, 500x405
>>64301600
>mfw I been on /mu/ for 5 years and you're just a self concious newfag
>>
>soulja boy and FJM have writers credits
trash desu
>>
File: guess i wasnt paying attention.gif (443 KB, 506x516) Image search: [Google]
guess i wasnt paying attention.gif
443 KB, 506x516
>>64301600
What makes you say that, Anon?
>>
>>64301382
^yeah this is always my sentiment listening to the new Beyonce album

>press play
>starts with decent, interesting-enough synth textures
>"hmm this might be okay"
>keep listening
>nope, really middle brow and safe
>album strews signifiers of cool and credibility throughout but makes it all sound bland
>everyone is acting really hyped for some reason
>social media explodes with YAAAS QUEEN
>pitchfork etc post thinkpieces on why this is an Important Album because of its social meaning and high levels of empowerment
>>
>>64301583
its cool dude dont worry about it!
>>
I guarantee all the people here who hate Beyoncé have made "gonna kill myself music for this feel" threads on /mu/.
>>
>>64301033
DUDE I FUCKING LOVE THIS SHOW AND THIS GUY

HE IS SO FUCKING SPOT ON HE IS LIKE THE FRIEND I ALWAYS WANTED IN COLLEGE BUT NEVER HAD

FUUCCCCCCCCCCCk

i forgot about shallow rewards before i could watch every episode, thanks senpai
>>
>>64301437
Kill 'Em All through Master Of Puppets was a very good stretch of albums. Not a fan of Justice For All and the rest is shitty arena rock.

>>64301495
>this logic is entirely based on your bias and preconceived idea of what Beyonce is. You don't know what you just said to be true, you're just saying it be edgy. It could also apply to all your favorite artists who had engineers, or other musicians work with them.
>bias and preconceived idea of what Beyonce is
???
It's a matter of fact that Beyonce does not play any instruments on any of her albums. She doesn't work on the music through a DAC, and she doesn't even know how to play an instrument in the first place. That's not bias.
>Yah but you're a tripping, instead of being legitamely concerned with the value of your contribution/criticism you want to have a name, fuck off trip
I'm posting my opinions as someone far more educated on the topic than you, not to mention that I actually know how to spell things and articulate myself. I don't care if you are jealous or bitter that I trip, it doesn't relate to the discussion at hand.
>Same thing as your first argument, just bias, and an unneccesary argument anyways, its cool on the audiences part to hear an interesting sample, what does it matter what the artists' intention is anyways?
Once again, not bias. It's a matter of fact that she did not sample Animal Collective as nothing even close to the musical content on that song is present in Beyonce's work. A similar lyric (without any indication of previous awareness of the band she is claimed to have "sampled") is not a sample.

>>64301543
You don't belong on this board. The picture you posted and your general indifference to evaluating art prove that. Don't post on a music discussion board if you don't care about discussing music and plan to belittle educated opinions that express genuine interest in discussion rather than memes and shitposting.
>>
>>64301399
>There's no reason to believe that Beyonce (or, more importantly, her producers) are even aware of Animal Collective. Just stupid shit that retards are gonna say to justify their garbage taste and to make Beyonce seem more intelligent than she actually is as an artist.
Dis tru do
>>
File: yallniggas.jpg (4 KB, 111x122) Image search: [Google]
yallniggas.jpg
4 KB, 111x122
>>64301583
whoa a tripfag steps down
>>
>Pray You Catch Me
A slow start. It sets the stage I guess, but doesn't offer anything interesting
>Hold Up
carefree pop, what Beyoncé does best. The rhythm in the vocal track does really weird things, in a good way.
>Don't Hurt Yourself
goes hard as hell, and the production is orgasmic. It's almost hard to believe how convincing she is on a blues rock track. Probably the best song on the album
>Sorry
Weak hook, but the other vocals are well done. The most like late 2000s Beyoncé, which wasn't a great era
>6 Inch
grimy, catchy, and Abel's part is pretty nice. A mildly successful sequel to Partition
>Daddy Lessons
the country song. Once you accept you're listening to Beyoncé sing something that would suit Carrie Underwood or Loretta Lynn, it works
>>
Stop pretending top 40 radioplay music is good.
>>
>>64301624
I can't being here for 5 years and still liking radio pop. I respect your tastes though
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 540x960
>>64301232
This
>>
>>64301665
nah I'm super happy bro

suicidal thoughts are for, like, stalkers and other assorted losers
>>
>>64301678
How many layers of irony are we talking about here? Cause I thought >>64301583 was a pretty good post.
>>
Dude I'm not a racist and I'm a Bernie cuck but seriously pitchfork? "Queen bey is back"? Wow. The black worshipping needs to stop. It's getting kind of cringe.
>>
>>64301608
I don't know whether you're being facetious or not but that sounds like a acurate description

>we need leftfield/alternative cred
>our B-girl is no dumb bitch, she listens to James Black and ANCO (sic)
>Jack White? You may recognize him now *Seven Nation Army blasts from stereo*
>those kids from pitchfork are going to eat this shit up like it's vegan food

>>64301624
>having a minimum of criterion is self-consciousness/self-loathing
>>
>>64301678
>She doesn't work on the music through a DAC
thats not what dac means dacs are for listening. i guess ur the expert tho
>>
>>64301678
lol nice try but the real hjeg already conceded and apologized here >>64301583
>>
man, James Blake is such a boring faggot
>>
Girls can’t into Death Grips. For the most part they listen to them because it’s a fashion statement. They think “lol so weird”. Women need constant validation from others so they seek out sub-cultures to be apart of.
What they don’t realize is that Death Grips is about masculinity and male dominance. Women are too fucking stupid to even pay attention to lyrics
“death fuck lets fuck, just don't touch me just fuck fuck me” Women are nothing but a sack of flesh with pleasure holes for sole purpose of pleasuring Ride.
“Soon all that's left of you Is your most primal desires” Primal desires meaning the true libertine lusts that reside in the male. A good majority of the song talks about fucking drugged out, unaware sluts and whores.
That’s only a few examples of their lyrics that show a common theme of male superiority. And for Christ sake all of the members of Death Grips are males, just imagine being around that testosterone. Then there’s that video of Ride pushing that dancing whore off the stage. Sure he probably pushes anybody off stage, but most frontmen wouldn’t push a female.
>>
>>64301693
>6 inch
Just a weak response to BBHMM senpai
>>
>>64301728
Wow. I DIDN'T EVEN FINISH READING. "She did it again"

WHAT THE FUCK?!! Is pitchfork really this bad now? What in the absolute fuck? The album literally just came out. Are they even trying to be professional. Wow. This is embarrassing.
>>
>>64301718
>>64301761
Hahahahahhahhahahahahhahhahahha. GREAT. Have fun derailing all actual music-related conversation by doing "le epic" shitposts. LE Queen is back ;>).

You don't belong here.

>>64301759
I meant DAW obviously. Even the best of us make mistakes anon.
>>
>>64301410
I don't think the darkness is buried necessarily, but it is subtle. Hold Up obviously sounds bouncy and cheerful, but the vocal delivery reveals a lot of acrimony. Same with Daddy Lessons
>>
Dammit you fuckers this is boring. BORING.

But o lawdy FREEEDOM *organ wails* TESTIFY

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
>>
>>64301814
bait
>>
low brow trash devised to emulate middle brow trash for people who think they are actually consuming meaningful art

but fuck me and my opinions because MUH EMPOWERMENT, MUH CULTURAL RELEVANCE, MUH FILIATION TO THE GAY COMMUNITY

this is SHIT
>>
so apparently p4k doesn't know what a sample is
>>
>>64301791
nah, that single was pretty unoriginal

>>64301795
What's the point of being professional about pop music? Really, why do you want that?
>>
Why is The Weeknd so good?
>>
O freedom Whooooaalawdy, ahma breaka ma chainz cuzza FREEDOM gunna FREEDOM WHOOaooaahaaa keep'a movin' forward cuzza president white house glory glory mama we chainz an freedom oh yeah
>>
>>64301888
nobodys calling this a masterpiece except for the op as a joke u fucking spaz
>>
>>64301410
im feelin that

i thought that the sound of her last album would have fit better thematically with whatever the fuck lyrics she had going on this time.

but like even her more dark sound is still happy-go-lucky pop type shit.

i just wish she gave less of a shit with this
i was expecting it to be more controversial.

that said its not bad by any means
>>
>>64301814
>even the best of us make mistakes
b-but you're the trip...you know how to articulate yourself...you're more educated than us idiot proles...how could you make a mistake..
>>
I've been disappointed that Formation doesn't actually include those vocal samples ("what happened at the new wildins" or whatever he is saying for example) and the whole stop-restart portion

those were some things that made it interesting to me but I guess they were just for the video
>>
>>64301888
>>64301939

Bey is an Entertainer

Not an Artist

who has a problem with this
>>
Strong first half, weak back half imo.
>>
File: scrubs-carla-ftr[1].jpg (114 KB, 1240x775) Image search: [Google]
scrubs-carla-ftr[1].jpg
114 KB, 1240x775
>>64300372
She reminds me of Carla from Scrubs except far far uglier
>>
>>64301814
i think ur mistake wuz toastin dis bread bruh
>>
>>64301978
WHAT HAPPENED AT THE NEW ORLEANS
>>
7.2 / 10 IMO

Thought it was pretty good, especially the production. Far from AOTY (Blackstar, TLOP, Bottomless Pit, Radiohead's LP9)
>>
>>64302010
i agree its not aoty but two of those arent even out yet
>>
this album is like listening to Coldplay, except not as exciting
>>
>>64302078
no Eno
>>
>>64300931
>>64301079
Hip-Hop itself is rooted in soul/funk, the shit isn't new. Kendrick did use their influence creatively, though.
>>
>>64301693
>Love Drought
cool production but pretty boring lyrics
>Sandcastles
the most authentically "Louisiana" track. Beyoncé ballads aren't my thing, but her performance is magnetic
>Forward
one of the only tracks that actually goes anywhere new for her. It's not even a minute and a half though
>Freedom
a lesser singer couldn't sell this, but she does. Another track that's insanely well produced. Kendrick's verse doesn't get in the way
>All Night
the sequel to XO. It would come across better if there were fewer ballads preceding
>Formation
One thousand think pieces. Politics aside, it's excellent. She stuffs so many ideas into a compact pop song

My main complaint is that almost every song feels like a rehash, but only two or three are really filler. 7/10
>>
>>64300634
That's a hideous as fuck cover the kerning on the text is laughable and the word isn't even centered.
>>
>>64302130
r u gay

be honest...
>>
>>64302057
I know that they are going to be good
>>
>>64302204
LP9 is out in 2018 btw
>>
>>64302163
u first familia
>>
>>64301678
>???
>It's a matter of fact that Beyonce does not play any instruments on any of her albums. She doesn't work on the music through a DAC, and she doesn't even know how to play an instrument in the first place. That's not bias.

Please link me to the interview where she revealed she did no production on this album

>I'm posting my opinions as someone far more educated on the topic than you, not to mention that I actually know how to spell things and articulate myself. I don't care if you are jealous or bitter that I trip, it doesn't relate to the discussion at hand.

>worrying about spellin on a prussian airplane simulator board

fucking trips man, I don't run spell check on my posts because Im anon, I don't fucking care, you have to worry about all this because you are so self-obsorbed your opinions have to be some sort of "brand". All yoour opinions are garbage in general though

>Once again, not bias. It's a matter of fact that she did not sample Animal Collective as nothing even close to the musical content on that song is present in Beyonce's work. A similar lyric (without any indication of previous awareness of the band she is claimed to have "sampled") is not a sample.

Ok, I mean, how do you know any of these things like actually? you state them as fact, but that doesn't make them fact, do you have Beyonce's ipod? Have you seen the orignal daw files for every song? Are you doing anything other then sperging about Beyonce?
>>
>>64301814
Im calling your mom anon, she's gonna be really mad you aren't cleaning your room
>>
File: fu.jpg (55 KB, 400x541) Image search: [Google]
fu.jpg
55 KB, 400x541
>Slow down
>They don't love you like I love you
>>
>>64302163
Im not him, but I would suck a good dick, don't listen to Beyonce though
>>
we seapunk revival
>>
>>64302376
Since you don't want me to make reasonable posts encouraging quality discussion, I'll save you the trouble of addressing each of those which is a simple matter.

I will correct the last point since it's probably the most ignorant thing I've seen any of these Beyonce drones say all night.

A similar lyric is not a sample, thus it becomes irrelevant whether you want to pretend that Beyonce is aware of Animal Collective purely for the sake of making yourself feel proud of her as an artist.
>>
>>64302438
coool

so

SUCK

MY

DIK
>>
>>64302405
oh sorry, I forgot you aren't anon, Im calling your mom "hjeg"
>>
>>64302462
what r ur top 5 albums of the 2000s?
>>
>>64302467
What if you're ugly anon, I don't just suck every dick, that's not really how this works
>>
>>64302462
just drop your trip dude
>>
>>64302502
well,I have like five cute art chicks with crushes on me right now and gay guys always try to take me home and even often offer me money for sex, so I suppose I have some things going for me looks-wise
>>
File: beyonce.png (692 KB, 540x811) Image search: [Google]
beyonce.png
692 KB, 540x811
where are the body of works
>>
>>64302462
Anyway, I'm tired and that post didn't make much sense but in the end the point still stands.

I addressed the flaws in her musicianship with facts, all of which can be addressed with further evidence. Beyonce cannot play an instrument well and she didn't do production work on any of her albums prior to this one.

Thus, I suppose there is a chance that she did produce this one but it's pretty fucking unlikely considering she has never contributed any material to her own albums other than vocals in the past.
>>
You can visit innumerable online forums and have pleasant discussion of Beyonce and her music.

Why do you people do this.

Why do you come here.

Why.
>>
>>64302462
Im not talking about the fact it has a similiar lyric, it might still be sampled on the album you fucking poopy brain, delete your trip

Also, it doesn't matter, she might still listen to AnCo, you don't know, stop just saying shit and expecting people to believe you

If by quality discussion you mean just spewing unfactual biases, yah, thats what you're doing, sorry I don't agree with you, since we all know thats the only criteria for my stance you care about
>>
File: Beyonce-GQ-outtakes-1.jpg (67 KB, 395x553) Image search: [Google]
Beyonce-GQ-outtakes-1.jpg
67 KB, 395x553
>>64302549
>>
>>64302602
>this board is about music
>we try to talk about music
>"Not on my board you won't! We have to maximize autism levels!"
>>
>>64302602
the hide function is free
>>
>>64302602

/mu/ - Music

Did you have a bad day?
>>
>>64300931
when did anyone mention Lemonade?
you sound like some underage kid who thinks he's got all music figured out
listen to Dangerous in Love and you'll see why Beyonce is one of the most critically acclaimed artists of this century.
>>
>>64302608
It's not sampled on the album though. People specifically mentioned that line as being the sample, so it's not sampled if it wasn't played there. That's a matter of fact.

Again, no fucking bias. BEYONCE DID NOT SAMPLE ANIMAL COLLECTIVE. Prove that wrong, I'd be glad to see you do it.

>>64302602
For once I'm agreeing with you Unty.
>>
Oh great, the plastic surgery Frankstein, bleached skin, hack puts out another garbage pop album written by a bunch of white guys while be praised as "YAAAAS QUEEN SAVIOR"

Awful. This bitch is no more talented than Britney Spears, but at least Britney had some pop classics
>>
>>64302708
>This bitch is no more talented than Britney Spears
What kind of bad bait is that?
>>
>>64302744
>ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! BEYONCE IS QUEEEN YAAAS

great argument you fucking insufferable /nu/mu/-male
>>
>>64302782
fuck off montie
>>
>>64302703
>likes shitty opinion because it agrees with his stance

why am i not suprised
>>
>>64302661
>just hide it, bro!
Hiding threads like this, the recent coachella threads, and others of this mass aren't going to solve shit, you fucking idiot.

Threads like this crowd the front page and divert traffic to "musicians" whose shallow efforts merit little to no discussion, yet receive it anyway. Again, traffic is diverted towards these threads, and others with potential for intriguing, novel dialogue and discourse go unappreciated and die.

Beyonce is vapid top 40 pop. Anything else is a mere masquerade. You people are actively destroying this board cluttering it with the p4k-peddled bullshit instead of obscure, novel musicians whose work warrants inspection.

I'm tired of this shit, and I'm tired of people lazily implying that it's wrong for me to care about music and the quality of music discussion on this board. It IS a big deal. It DOES fucking matter.
>>
>>64302744
>>64302782
>>64302792
REEEEEEE SOCIAL MEANING AND INTERNETS MEME MEME REEEEEE GRRRR
>>
>>64302818

/mu/ has now become this

https://www.reddit.com/r/lewronggeneration

A bunch of 16-21 year old "poptimists" (and by poptimists, I mean black meme-rap, R&B and pop) who hivemind with the rest of the internet for overly hyped garbage artists (Kanye, Beyonce, Kendrick, Frank Ocean, etc. etc.)
>>
>>64302818
since the other tripfag didnt answer, what are your top 5 albums of the 2000s?
>>
>>64302818
damn you wrote all that instead of hiding this thread
>>
>>64302818
>i dont like thing
>stop talking about thing
>i am child
>must force my thoughts onto other to satisfy narcassistic desire because life no good to me
>>
>>64302816
>Beyonce shouldn't be discussed on this board because her fans can't even address arguments against her without resorting to shitposting and "hahahha you must be a loser" (pretty sure all these BLM-supporting white kids are still getting beaten up in their high schools)

>>64302865
I actually don't despise Kanye and Frank Ocean, although both are very overhyped. Kendrick is bland shit for people without taste and Beyonce is even worse.

>>64302880
I'll answer now at least:

Joanna Newsom - Ys
Dan Deacon - Bromst
Spring Heel Jack - Disappeared
Stars Of The Lid - The Tired Sounds
Grouper - Cover The Windows And Walls

Something like that. Plenty more that I've heard but those stick out to me at the moment. Queue the insults to my taste I guess.
>>
>>64302994
I meant to type up a long explanation of why that first thing I said is a reasonable statement rather than a shitty opinion, but I'm too tired.
>>
YAAAAS SLAYYYYYYY
>>
>>64302902
>>inept misrepresentation
This board was meant to cater to niche genres of music.

This is fucking Beyonce. Every fucking media-outlet and/or forum is discussing this right now, even the ones that aren't tailored explicitly towards music, because it's fucking Beyonce.

You people do not need to be here. You people should NOT be here.

YOU ONLY COME HERE THROUGH SOME BULLSHIT DESIRE TO VICARIOUSLY BE "COUNTER-CULTURE," ALL WHILE EATING P4K SHIT UP BY THE POUND

YOU DISINTERESTED, SHALLOW PIECE OF SHIT YOU NEED TO FUCKING LEAVE RIGHT NOW

I'M FUCKING TIRED OF THIS
>>
>>64302994
ty
>>
>>64303072
>this board was meant to cater to niche genres of music
where exactly does it say that again
>>
>>64302257
Why would it be 2018? If not this year it would definitely be next since they've released albums on the 7th year of a generation (OKC '97, IR '07)
>>
>>64303072
This board was meant to cater to niche genres of music

I agree with this guy, on some real shit i came to this board to find obscure music artists/genres. Being a music board it's understandable to have Top 40 discussions but it's like, why?!? for what? Especially if it's gunna have multiple threads at once which I know is gunna happen for this whole week.
>>
>>64303094
Top right corner of your screen.

/mu/ is a sub-board of 4chan, which itself was created to cater to the counter-culture and the niche.

You're here to seem counter-culture and save memes for your normies friends. I wouldn't particularly mind either of those if that was all you did, but instead you feel the liberty to crowd this board with shit you could discuss on an infinite number of other websites.
>>
>>64303195
ahhh i see. so basically what you're saying boils down to REEEEE NORMIES GTFO!!!! goddamn you're fucking obnoxious
>>
>>64303072
who wronged you
>>
>>64303272
You aren't even discussing your music.

You simply say that it is good and get upset when other people attempt to create discussion that will interrupt your inciting of shitposting.

You don't belong here and you wouldn't fit in at all if it weren't for P4K ruining this board with MBDTF.
>>
>>64300372
Is there a song as good as Beautiful Liar on this new album?
That's my favorite Beyonce song.
>>
>>64303272
I literally just said I wouldn't care if you just lurked and came for the memes, you goddamn idiot.

At very least you could make a containment thread like /emoe/ and /kpop/.

>>64303298
Why do you people do this? Why can't you make an effort to deconstruct the merits of my posts and include that in a reply, instead of just giving me this shit?

Why?

Why do you all have to be so goddamn stupid, so goddamn rhetorically insipid? Why can't I come here and have a decent conversation?
>>
>>64303072
untie i love you
>>
sittin here, listening to s/t, thinkin back to the days when i held so much hope in b... now here we are, in the aftermath of... this...
>>
>>64302994
I'm sorry but you really wasted a lot of time if you thought you were going to convince someone to stop listening to Beyoncé, especially with the same boring criticisms that my uncle would make in a Facebook status. "Stop liking what I don't like" is a really childish perspective
>>
flac DL where?
>>
>>64303389
what.cd
>>
>>64303132
>why
because that's what /mu/ users want to discuss. You don't have to even see these threads
>>
i want to feel bad for unty but he just keeps biting the bait...oh well
>>
>>64303433
What CD??!?!?
>>
>>64303359
Why? Why? Why? Why are u such a baby
>>
>>64303558
Just stop responding to him.
>>
>>64303574
im just trying to see if he keeps getting madder
>>
untie is the last saving grace this board has
he is our hero
>>
>>64303453
See practically every post I've made in this thread.

There are an infinite number of places to discuss Beyonce and other top 40. Meanwhile, there are very few places to discuss niche genres of music, the sort of discussion that /mu/ was originally designed to facilitate.

Allow me to anticipate your reply and just debunk it now:
>b-but clearly no one wants to talk about that stuff anymore!
That's incorrect. It's more likely that people, both veterans on this board and new posters looking to find new music alike, fled in disgust at how indistinguishable /mu/ is from p4k and other sites of that ilk.

They recognized that their efforts and input would be perpetually outweighed by those of pop fans because, pop by nature being more accessible, there were more. And they left. And now this board is scarcely different than p4k.

>>64303558
I don't understand. I mean it. I sincerely don't understand what you're trying to achieve with this post.

>>64303574
And similarly I don't understand why you're implying I've done something wrong here.

If you've a problem with me or my posts, how about you quit being a passive aggressive little bitch and tell me what it is?
>>
>>64303619
Shut the hell up

if you can't get into Beyonce then it's your own damn fault. Go listen to your gay obscure music. Let us discuss and listen to something we actually like and not something we pretend to like for strangers on the internet.
>>
File: zz.jpg (40 KB, 250x312) Image search: [Google]
zz.jpg
40 KB, 250x312
>>64302602
>>64302818
>>64303072
>>64303195
>>64303359
>>64303619
>>
>>64300372

She'd give great head.
>>
>>64303608
I'm almost certain he's baiting you back.
There's no way he's being serious.
>>
>>64303649
I made several points in that post and you made no attempt, no attempt whatsoever, to respond to any of them.

I have repeatedly stated that you do not belong here. What I have not once said is that I "can't into" Beyonce, that I can't enjoy her. I imagine in short doses I could enjoy her music, but I'd still never post about it her, because there's little to nothing to discuss and even then why the fuck would I try discussing top 40 pop in a place that was meant to escape the discussion of top 40 pop.

I think I'm done.

I'm so tired of this. It feels like a moot exercise of futility arguing with you people because you haven't even the decency to respond to my points, instead cowering behind ad hominem or conjuring implications and quotes that I never made. I'm so fucking tired of you people.

Well done.
>>
>>64303649
No you shut the fuck up you fake ass astroturfing piece of shit. Fuck Beyonce. She is literally fucking useless. You are not a musician if you require 70 other musicians to complete your fucking album.

Maybe if she was even remotely genuine about what she does, which is purely the most superficial tier of pop music, that would be fine.
But she has been perpetuating this ridiculous notion that she's some kind of groundbreaking, inconceivably original ~artist-, and that is just straight up fucking insulting.

Also doesn't hurt that butthurt motherfucker Kanye still trying to crawl up her asshole had to pull a classic Yeezy move and spew that unbelievably ignorant bullshit about Beck, that didn't help either.
>>
>>64303755
*I'd still never post about her here
>>
>>64303755
no one cares about your "points," friendo. No one cares how you feel about the quality of discussion on /mu/.
>>
File: MW07D.jpg (80 KB, 507x338) Image search: [Google]
MW07D.jpg
80 KB, 507x338
>>64303777
>I'd still never post about her here
>>
beyonce knowles
kevin garrett
james black
thomas wesley
erza koenig
emile haynie
joshua tilman
uzoechi
sean
rhoden
p/k/a
doc pornus
mort shuman
deandre way
antonio randolph
kelvin mcconnelll
brian chase
kevin orzolek
nick zinner
jack white
diana gordon
james page
robert plant
john paul jones
john bonham
corey jackson carter
abel tes
danny schofeld
bien diehl
terius
ahmad
boots
david portner
noah lennox
brian weitz
burt bacharach
hal david
kevin cossum
alex delicata
mike dean
ingrid burley
vincent berry
malik yusef
midian mathers
jonathan coffer
carla maria williams
dean mcintosh
kendrick duckworth
frank tirado
alan lomax
john lomax sr
timothy thomas
theron thomas
Ilsey juber
akil king
jaramye daniels
andre benjamin
patrick brown
antwan patton
khalif brown
jordan frost
ashton hogan
michael len williams II
>>
Im not trolling here, but why do people pretend she is more than just a pop singer?

Everyone is going crazy over this trite music. People expect me to have some respect over her "artistry" when this is just the same music rihanna or miley cyrus are making.

I just wished she made a trap rap album, now that the sound is popular, why doesnt she jump on that bandwagon? It would suit her more than this half assed Pop tunes that she is trying to pass por ""artsy"" R&B.
>>
>>64303889
>Everyone is going crazy over this trite music.
you're clearly a teenager because no one goes crazy over Beyonce except pop plebs
>>
Anyone got a download link? pirate bay is down atm zzzz
>>
>>64303904

/mu/, and pretty much everyone in social media. Just wait until pitchfork gives it BNM and the rest music publications will follow suit.
>>
>>64303904
All the girls at my university go crazy for Beyonce, so it's not just teens. And the thing that surprised me most when Beyonce's last album came out is that they actually talk in that way that people stereotype them as talking. "Yaaassss, queen, slay" they actually say all that stuff
>>
>>64303969

thats what im talking about

all the gays too.

and then they go batshit insane when you critize her as a musician, or "artist" as they call her.
>>
>>64303846
Fallacious amplification of your singular opinion aside, I'm tired and you've more than demonstrated that you're not worth my time, so whatever.

>>64303857
I'm not sure of what you're suggesting.
>>
>>64303969
>All the girls at my university go crazy for Beyonce
And they are pop plebs.
>>
What did Jay-Z do wrong
>>
>>64304009
I really have no idea why you posted all this shit. What did you think the outcome would be other than derailing this thread?
>>
Did anyone else think the album was pretty good?

Like, if someone asked for my thoughts I'd say "I thought it was pretty good" but wouldn't have much else to say.
>>
>>64304037

so you think he has no saying in this? are you pretending he is not behind all of this?

Beyonce pretty much owes her career to him.
>>
>>64304009
>Fallacious amplification of your singular opinion aside
the 14 year old is coursing through your post
>>
>>64304044
Derailing it was his purpose, obviously. And it worked
>>
>>64304082
>he doesn't know who Unty is
>>
>>64304112
correct I abandoned this hellhole months ago and so I don't know what newtrips you underage faggots are tolerating nowadays
>>
>>64303969
I admit that I shared in your frightening realization.

>>64304025
It's still "all" the girls at his university, though. That's a striking amount.

>>64304044
The thread was already derailed when I began my series of posts. I wanted a serious discussion on the merits of Beyonce threads on /mu/.

>>64304082
There's nothing wrong with that phrasing. I wanted to be concise, and through careful wording I was.

If you've a more or equally concise way to convey that, then please show me.
>>
One of the songs in this album has 14 songrwiters, plus 3 of the sample.

How does a fucking song like that come about, jeez. How difficult is to write such a trite pop tune.
>>
File: 1461438545901.jpg (32 KB, 1080x607) Image search: [Google]
1461438545901.jpg
32 KB, 1080x607
untie ur qt
>>
>>64304081
Wh-what?? I saw that Beyonce was shitting on Jay-Z or something in one of the songs and I was asking what was up with that. Don't put words in my mouth, anon.
>>
>>64304141
simple, you go to your board of directors room and have the writers in prior to the meeting where you demonstrate the value you'll add to their brand with the song
>>
>>64304153

its called "acting" or "pretending", people in show business this days specialize solely on that. Beyonce is pretty much an expert.
>>
>>64304082
>>64304132
That was a sincere challenge, by the way. I'm sick and tired of people like you and the unwarranted criticism that my speech and rhetoric receive.
>>
File: 1403107300431.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1403107300431.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
>>64303072
>This board was meant to cater to niche genres of music.
>>
I understand people listen to Beyonce's music. Sort of. But besides that put a ring on it song I can't think of any time I have even heard one of her songs and if one came on the radio I probably wouldn't know it was a Beyonce song.

I don't even know what the radio stations (locally to me) are that would play a Beyonce song.

Is Beyonce a social media star? Without Facebook and tumblr who would even know she existed?
>>
>>64304168

but, I dont get it. Most peolpe dont even read or care for songwriting credits.
>>
>>64304201
What's so funny about that
>>
File: laff.jpg (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
laff.jpg
44 KB, 1280x720
>>64301232

so fucking true
>>
>>64304191
Okay I fucking get that but the song is like "if you try that shit again you're gonna lose your wife" and I JUST wanna know what the fuck he did, I don't care whether or not she's actually mad at him I just want context.......
>>
>>64304206

She was pretty huge with Destinys child.
You probably live under a rock. She is not that huge right now, but she is a big superstar.

Justin Beiber and Rihanna are probably bigger than her right now. She is one or two steps below.

But for some reason most people think there is some sort of artistry to her bland R&B
>>
>>64304235
Why do celebrities laugh like that? They just kind of hold their mouths open
>>
so, first listen

Pray you catch me has good instrumentals, but the lyrics are so boring

>Hold up
>air horns

wut the fuck
>>
>>64304224
What are you saying?
>>
HOL' UP
>>
>>64304284
HOL UP
*air horns*
SO YOU TELLIN ME
>>
>>64304281
It's the rich people laugh
>>
>>64304082
>>64304132
>>64304198
Ten minutes later and you've still yet to post something less "pretentious" than my wording.

Hopefully the next time my rhetoric rouses your insecurities you'll remember this lesson and avoid talking shit.
>>
>>64304247
Nevermind I looked it up fuggedabutit
>>
>>64304287

I was talking about the songwriting process, how can 14 people be involved in the production and composition of such simple tunes.
>>
>>64304247

the solange/jay z thingy?
>>
>>64303887
beyonce jowls
kevin garnett
james white
thomas "wesley" snipes
erza keurig
emile hankie
joseph tibman
quetzalcoatl
shawn
rodent
k/e/k
poc dornus
moryt shyman
deandre "all de" way
antonio rudolph the red nosed ghostwriter
celsius mcconnelll
brian chase overdraft protection
kevbo orzokek
knick zimmer
jack black
gordon ramsey
jimmy paige's ghost
plant food
john paul george ringo jones
bon jonham
aaron jackson carter
cain and abel
danny scrotumfeld
done diehl
tetris
akhmed
uggs
david portnoy
noah the god-fearing
brian third reich
butt baccarat
hal 9000
kevin costner
alex delicious
mike dean of students
hagrid
st. vincent berries
malik yurang
median matters
jonathan coifed
carla maria williametta
dean linux kernel
anthony fantano's main man
frank tired of writing
alan lorax
john lorax sr
timothy timmy thom yorkeshire
charlize theron thomas
Ilsey jewber
akil prince (rip the artist formerly alive as prince)
jamiroquai daniels
andre benjamin 3000
patrick black people
antwan fantwan
wiz khalif brown people
deacon frost
ashton hoagie
michael len kagamine II
>>
>>64304206
have you been living under a rock for twenty-six years
>>
>>64304145
want to snuggle his hair desu
>>
File: 1460511978106.jpg (27 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1460511978106.jpg
27 KB, 500x375
>>64304358
got a good chuckle, thanks.
>>
>>64304334
You dont belong here m8
>>
>>64304412
If I don't belong here, then I don't belong anywhere.
>>
>>64300372
who fucking cares, it's just more cut n paste top 40 shit
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.