[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good hip hop music >KRS ONE, Immortal technique, Jedi Mind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 4763097_IMG_2615l.jpg (226 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
4763097_IMG_2615l.jpg
226 KB, 640x960
Good hip hop music

>KRS ONE, Immortal technique, Jedi Mind tricks, Rza the rugged man, blackalicious, Gang star, Kool Keith, tim dog

Fake arse music for shit cunts
>Kanye west, eminem, drake, lil wayne, nikki minajn and all that kind of shit
>>
>>64297237
>KRS ONE, Immortal technique, Jedi Mind tricks, Rza the rugged man, blackalicious, Gang star, Kool Keith, tim dog

LOOOL
>>
>>64297237
im assuming you're relatively new to rap music but there is no way in hell that blackalicious or jedi mind tricks are better at rapping than lil wayne. I'm not even saying they make worse music i mean they are literally not as talented at the skill of rapping.
>>
>>64297372
Lil wayne made some okay tracks at first but he stuck his foot in his mouth and lost all credibility with his later songs.

Probably made lots of money for making dance tracks for white teenagers though.
>>
File: 91Acs1rzI9L._SL1392_.jpg (679 KB, 1350x1392) Image search: [Google]
91Acs1rzI9L._SL1392_.jpg
679 KB, 1350x1392
>>64297237
>tim dog
Fuck the South Bronx nigga this is Compton
>>
>>64297583
Why did so many album covers of the time have such terrible cover art work?
>>
>>64297635
I actually unironically love this cover.
>>
>>64297441
He made fantastic rap music from 04-08. To me, the fact that he made bad music later doesn't make him lose credibility. Almost every artist has a period of success and then releases mediocre music until they eventually retire. The only difference with wayne is that he still retained commercial success so it was kind of thrown in our face.
>>
>>64297237
also op sorry for being so condescending. if you want more good backpacker rap music look into MF Doom, Madlib, everyone on def jux (especially cannibal ox, despot, el-p, and aesop rock) and blu & exile.
>>
File: baits.png (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
baits.png
7 KB, 225x225
>>
>>64297729
What does back packer rap even mean?
>>
>>64297691

He was never known for his early work and that's part of what makes him such a joke...
>>
>>64297812
>that's part of what makes him such a joke...

That makes no sense, you're a new new new rap fan that bought into the 'Lil Wayne is the worst rapper ever' meme
>>
>>64297949
By that logic Master Ace is also new to rap.

Lil Wayne is like the modern version of salt n' pepper...
>>
>>64297237
That's all shit, though. Only thing that is remotely good is a track featuring KRS One.
https://youtu.be/WPJpXu1O7mM
>>
>>64298152
You must be new to rap.
>>
>>64298178
I'm not and I've come to the conclusion that it is indeed all shit.
>>
>>64298152
This is a horrible song.
>>
>>64298216
Honestly go back to the K pop or Kanye thread.
>>
>>64298216
how is that possible? you mean to tell me you've listened to hundreds of rap albums and didn't like any of them? or you listened to 10 albums and now think that meany you aren't new
>>
>>64297812
He was never known for his early work? I'm talking about tha carter II, dedication II, da drought 3, etc. Those are his most well known albums other than maybe tha carter 3 and 4. And 3 is still pretty decent and 4 is only widely listened to among people who aren't that into rap.
>>
>>64298042
Maybe if salt n pepper widely influenced the next decade of rap and were considered one of the best of all time by most of the top rappers of the 90s.
>>
>>64298223
i heard they worked on it for about 4 years
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.