[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy fuck, this just clicked for me. this is a fucking masterpiece.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: Stgstv.png (830 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Stgstv.png
830 KB, 600x600
Holy fuck, this just clicked for me. this is a fucking masterpiece. alvin row is possibly the greatest song of all time. the drumming on this album is fucking ridiculous.

ITT: albums which are most satisfying when they click
>>
>>64296777
>alvin row is possibly the greatest song of all time
just because people tell you to think that doesn't mean you actually have to think that anon
>>
>>64296813
i understand that it's a popular opinion but i think its pretty justified
for what its worth i think april and the phantom is almost on par with it
>>
>Spirit They're Gone
>not accessible as all fuck
>>
*fridge noises*
>>
>>64296845
It's just the first track that turns people off
>Oww my ears!!! It's just noise
>>
>>64296845
its not honestly, the title track and untitled are pretty abrasive the first few listens
>>
>>64296845
yo this is like a pop song they play on normie radio. I heard it at walmart.
>>
File: 1458676270462.jpg (15 KB, 500x318) Image search: [Google]
1458676270462.jpg
15 KB, 500x318
>>64296890
>mfw I heard Frownland at CVS
>>
>>64296857
what exactly would that entail
>>
File: image.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
image.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>64296813
>He still thinks this isn't the greatest album ever
>>
This for me definitely. I listened to it around the same time I was listening to animals, meddle, and the wall and I thought it was passable. I decided to give it another listen on LSD and it was probably one of the greatest experiences i've had to date, it completely changed my perspective on the album and I now consider it to be their best hands down. Syd Barrett really knew how to construct a song. There's not one bad song on the album or song worth skipping its all golden
>>
>>64296777
It's amazing isn't it
>>
>Shopping at mall
>Mfw they are playing untitled in one of the stores
That clerk was the absolute madman. People were visibly annoyed and would leave the store. 10/10 day
>>
File: 99999999999.jpg (144 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
99999999999.jpg
144 KB, 630x1200
>>64297859
>Shopping at the Grocery Store
>They play Like Gold and Faceted over the intercom
>people got mad and left the store
>>
File: folder.jpg (52 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
52 KB, 600x600
>>64296777
>>
>>64296777
Love this album as well. It clicked on my second listen I still remember it exactly. I was listening to it waiting for the bus home after I had an exam I think. Was my first time listening with headphones, when I heard the album for first time it was just through speakers while not really paying attention to it.
As soon as I heard the piano part of Penny Dreadfuls I almost broke into tears, it made me feel melancolic as fuck. Love this album ever since.
>>
>>64296845
Yeah senpai I remember the time I went to a party with my normie friends and they all turned the fuck up to Untitled
>>
>>64296777
welcome to the patrician club
>>
>>64296777
one of my faves, april and the phantom is something else. /mu/ acts dumb about this album "its not even that accessible". Ya because this is just like MPP in terms of accessibility. I suppose they say that because its a pop album at its core.

>>64297645
this, holy shit. I never cared for pink floyd and my friend told me about this album and told me to listen if I liked psych music. Didn't really click right away but one day I heard Matilda Mother. god damn. The most fun and whimsical psych albums ever imo.

>>64299346
This actually clicked for the first time family. I had been turned off to guitar based music (because of dad rock/butt rock stuff, i didnt know what else existed beyond that) at the time and I joined some shoegaze fb group because I heard about diiv. Someone posted to here knows when. Opened a whole new world for me.
>>
>>64303023
I think being on /mu/ shifts our perspective on what is and isn't accessible. I showed my sister MPP and they hated it, thought it was super weird. I considered that to be an album that I'd play for people who weren't "into" music, but apparently they don't even like that. I'm not even sure where the threshold of accessibility lies for normal people anymore. I'd like to imagine that we can draw it up to open mindedness.
>>
I first listened to this and wasn't sure and about a month later I felt the urge to listen to it and God damn it's good
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.