[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hybrid Theory has sold over 27 million copies worldwide,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Linkin_park_hybrid_theory.jpg (29 KB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
Linkin_park_hybrid_theory.jpg
29 KB, 300x290
>Hybrid Theory has sold over 27 million copies worldwide, which makes it the best selling debut album of the 2000s.

We live in a dimension where a nu-metal album was the best selling album of the 2000s. Let that sink in for a moment.
>>
>>64292209
The 2000s were a very awkward period in a lot of ways. Some real brilliance in there but a lot of ugliness and painful adjustments / defragmentations happening
>>
It makes sense when you really think back to the time.

Band makes a super accessible version of an already popular genre right at the very start of a decade. They got in early and just at the right time for that environment.
>>
>>64292209
the top selling album of the 90s was the black album by metallica, followed by mediocre pop rock, and then a shitty "post-grunge" (i.e. regurgitation of the already bland fake grunge scene that emerged after Nirvana became big) album that people praise for no reason

so the 2000s really aren't that much worse
>>
>>64292209
I'm really glad that really dorky adolescent Banksy-ish 'street art' aesthetic is so out of style now. Just so so fucking LAAAAAAAME
>>
>>64292436
Yeah, all the guys in Linkin Park had some kind of really intense tagging fetish.
...they probably still do.
>>
Nu-metal is already aging exceptionally well. Except for Disturbed.num ah nah num a nah na um ergh nah
>>
Great album.
>>
File: rymlp.png (7 KB, 399x292) Image search: [Google]
rymlp.png
7 KB, 399x292
>>64292774

>great album
>>
>>64292956
>RYM matters
kek
>>
>>64292956
>posts rym
thanks for proving my point
>>
>>64292995
>>64292998

I bet your favorite albums are rated pretty highly on rym.

Linkin Park is shit.
>>
>>64292209
>a nu-metal album was the best selling album of the 2000s

IS THIS IT?

best selling album=/ quality album

if someone considers this the best album of that decade,consider suicide
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.