[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feel-good/cheer-up/relaxing playlist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: patrician.png (36 KB, 645x699) Image search: [Google]
patrician.png
36 KB, 645x699
Hey /mu/, I have a friend I've known for a pretty long time, and he's pretty depressed. The thing is though, we only know each other through online communication, and he lives in another country, so there's no real way for me to help him other than to talk to him. We've never swapped any personal details except for first names...I know that's weird, but anyways, the point of this thread is:

What is some essential "brighten up your day"-core? I'm particularly looking for stuff that is instrumental. KEEP IN MIND though, this stuff has to be pretty accessible. He's not super into music, but I thought it would be a nice thing to do to send him a song and a positive message once or twice a week, to try and make him feel better and know that someone cares about him.

I don't know what else to do because he has pretty much demanded that I not talk to him about his actual depression, and honestly I'm kind of okay with that because it makes me really nervous, and we had a big conversation where I said everything I could think to say to try and help. But music can be very healing, so I thought the weekly songs would be a nice thing to do...I don't want to be overbearing though, like I don't want him to think I'm trying to babysit him or something, but I want him to be okay...so please help?

>inb4 memers post Pink Guy's KYS song or Swans or something
>>
File: 41H9FFP7D5L.jpg (17 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
41H9FFP7D5L.jpg
17 KB, 300x298
>>
Jens Lekman - Night Falls Over Kotedala

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1DaGZ9k5m4
Jens is so charming, always brightens my day up.
>>
File: alvvays.jpg (60 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
alvvays.jpg
60 KB, 512x512
First of all, that is a wonderful thing you want to do OP. It would mean the world to me if someone sent me some positive songs and messages.

Alvvays is an album that makes me feel good whenever I listen to it.
>>
>>64289410
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS0o4nD3QFs
>>
>>64289440
>>64289551
>>64289637
>>64289694

thanks guys, I'm gonna listen to these myself first and then I will send the best stuff to my friend over the course of the next few weeks.

also bump
>>
bump again
>>
Ytamo - Mi Wo

https://vimeo.com/138047925

This song particularly, very comfy and upbeat instrumental track. 100 Bird Stories is really happy too but a bit less of an accessible song.
>>
>>64292161

thanks
>>
one more bump
>>
Try Mirror - DJ Okawari or anything by Nujabes
>>
>>64289440

link to download this?? the links in the archive are dead
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.