[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Still falls for the "Kanye is not a genius meme"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 200x200
>Still falls for the "Kanye is not a genius meme"
>>
>>64286356
it was never a serious meme
>>
He's not a genius.
>>
>>64286356
He's a good beat producer at best
>>
A very liberal use of the word 'genius'.
>>
NAME A GENIUS THAT AINT CRAZY
>>
>>64286639
Newton
>>
His production is "pretty good" and he is a terrible rapper

what's the genius behind that?
>>
>>64286746
Isaac Newton died without ever having sex, seems p crazy to me

>>64286639
Steve Wozniak
>>
File: kanye.jpg (772 KB, 3289x2380) Image search: [Google]
kanye.jpg
772 KB, 3289x2380
>>64286747
>terrible

Average at worst and only after MBDTF
>>
>>64286746
Newton wrote more about magicks and alchemy way more than physics and mathematics.
He was a weird closeted gay autismo.
>>
>>64286639
you're right. that's why kanye west is too normal to be a genius.
He's like a little strawberry. Oh kanye...do you want attention? here's a cookie. good boy kanye.
>>
>>64287056
>kanye
>normal

nah dudes fucked in the head
>>
>>64287056
>>64287077
He probably acted normal and humble before the college dropout out of necessity, but he was probably always a megalomaniac. He just stopped repressing it once he had number 1 hits and shit
>>
I'm not a fan of his music, but I respect that he at least tries to do things differently, when if he wanted to he could just churn out the same songs in slight variations and still collect money/awards out the ass. In that context, he is a true artist: he values his own satisfaction with his work more than anything, even if that means the public will hate some of his music or he'll lose money because of it. I don't think he has ever really done anything genius level, I think MF DOOM writes better, plenty of producers make better beats, and plenty of rappers have better sound. But like I said, even though I don't like him and I think he is overrated, I definitely respect his dedication. He is many things but he is not a sellout.
>>
>>64287077
Niga fuck da
>>
>>64286747
>his production
>his
>>
>>64288120
It's common knowledge that pop albums include everyone even remotely involved in the production so that everyone gets paid. Chances are half of these people were just clowning around in the studio and maybe created like one drum loop
>>
>>64288120
If you're in the studio with Kanye at the time and say "maybe make the drums louder on this part" you get a writing credit.
>>
>>64288155
you tell yourself that pal, if it makes you feel better
here have a warm hug and some hot cocoa, from me
:-)
>>
>>64288216
and you keep living in denial sheep
>>
>>64288244
>Kanye fag calling me a sheep
>>
>>64288216
It's ludicrous to think that 10+ people were working together as hard as they could, and channeling all their creativity, to create an amateurish song like "Famous". What is your reasoning here? Is that what you think happened?
>>
>>64288216
кeep being jelly of кanye,
>>
>>64288201
even so, a "genius" like Kanye shouldn't need any help
a genius does what their mind tells them to do, it's all there, that's what makes them a genius
>>
>>64286747
he made MBDTF
>>
>>64286957
If that's crazy, then I'm insane
>>
>>64288269
>Kanye hater
>calling me a sheep

In 2016 that works both way buddy
>>
>>64288374
>hater

this post proved how stupid you are
>>
>>64288374
>hater
>>
File: 1457745338942.png (399 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1457745338942.png
399 KB, 600x600
>>64288374
>hater

le we hatez cuz we jelly xD meme

Typical Kanye retard.
>>
>>64288304
>a genius does what their mind tells them to do, it's all there, that's what makes them a genius

No, you retard. You don't have to be independent to be a "genius". One of the main motivations for a person with an artistic goal are influences from other people.
>>
>>64288511
call it how I see it
>>
>>64286747
>he is a terrible rapper

He has a very distinctive voice that sounds great, and his attitude comes out loud and clear on the mic. He has a very specific style that is very slow and spoken instead of rapped, and it sounds great to me. You may not like that he doesn't have triple syllablic rhyme schemes and doesn't rap like a gangster, but that doesn't make him not a great rapper. You just like something different.
>>
>>64288824
I wouldn't put him on a pedestal like this. But I agree that he has great control of the mic. On his best verses, he isn't rapping too fast or putting a bunch of internal rhymes in, but he's very confident and knows what point he's trying to make better than most rappers

Sort of a Ringo situation I guess...he doesn't have much real skill, but you always know it's him and he has a lot of distinctive characteristics
>>
>cool
>calm
>collected
>>
>>64289887
Shut
>>
>auto-tune
>good
This is why people make fun of /mu/
>>
>>64291672
>law auto tune is bad meme
>>
>>64291672
holy shit why are you on /mu/
you are the embodiment of fucking retards who have no fucking ear for music
>>
File: 808s_&_Heartbreak.png (63 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
808s_&_Heartbreak.png
63 KB, 300x299
I'm just gonna post this
you create a masterpiece as good as this then talk shit
>>
>>64292670
>masterpiece
>808s and heartbreak
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.