[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
he thinks he's such a musical authority
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
his argument was really bad too
>>
>>64282947
tfw all the flaws are appeals
>>
>>64282947
he is a musical authority. you keep making threads about hhim
>>
>>64282947
I like the Blue album more than Pinkerton. I think Songs From The Black Hole was better too
>>
>>64282968
>you keep making threads about him

this is my first anti-fantano thread, and if you think he IS a musical authority, you're a new kind of stupid
>>
Is it just me or did he seem really irritable in that video? Especially the way he said "forever" at the end.
>>
Pinkerton has barely a coupla good songs on it, while the Blue Album has about 5 pretty decent ones.
>>
>>64284320
He knows it's all coming to an end
>>
>>64284366
I hope it does
>>
I dont care that he likes blue more. I have trouble deciding between the two myself. But his reasons were shit and the way he presented it as an objective fact really rustled my jimmies.
>>
bruh i thought it was satire that poked fun at both of the album's flaws
i mean i love the blue album but hell if half of the songs make any sense
>>
>>64282947
I like blue more than Pinkerton and this video pissed me the fuck off.
>>
I just watch him for memes. I doubt anyone takes him seriously as a critic. He is the Jeremy jahns of music
>>
>>64284393
I feel like the objective fact part was just a mock of people who say things like that
>>
Fantano has objectively shit taste and frequently discusses musical genres he clearly knows nothing about. Every once in awhile he gets something right, but even when he does it's usually for the wrong reasons.

He gets a light 3
>>
>>64283024
agreed
>>
>getting butthurt over a joke video
c'mon son
>>
Fantano is literally a shitposter with a webcam.
I bet he made this thread too.

sage
>>
It was a joke video I think. Consequence of Sound had just posted a video on Pinkerton, plus Fantano came off really shitposty and trolling in that video.
>>
>>64284415
The only satire was the way he presented it. I'm sure that's his actual opinion
>>
I dread the day you bastards subconsciously lull me into watching a few seconds of this guy. I swear he's the most discussed "critic" I've ever seen.

>tfw you also have terrible internet until 1 am so you couldn't watch him if you wanted to
>>
File: right..jpg (10 KB, 236x27) Image search: [Google]
right..jpg
10 KB, 236x27
>>
>>64288497
Go to bed Anthony
>>
>>64282947
I actually agree. Even though I think pinkerton has more "artistic merit" to it or whatever it isn't nearly as catchy and just plain fun as the blue album.
>>
>>64284335
Fuck you, every song on both albums is at the very least good.
>>
File: CdwVTDtVIAEOPf5.jpg large.jpg (127 KB, 650x825) Image search: [Google]
CdwVTDtVIAEOPf5.jpg large.jpg
127 KB, 650x825
please don't tell me fantano fans actually enjoy watching someone talk about how one thing is better than another for 5 minutes. no doubt they'll all drone his opinions too and this board will start to claim they thought the same all along.
>>
>tfw you realize the only reason anyone cares about fantano is the fact that he's actually capable of describing what led him to his opinions instead of just saying "it's great" or "it's shit"

Doesn't matter if it's music, film, literature or whatever, reviewers should only be valued for their capacity to help you develop your OWN opinion. Ebert was a great film reviewer, who happened to really not like David Lynch, who happens to be one of my favorite directors. I don't agree with his opinions, but he helped me temper my own, and helped me develop a more nuanced understanding of his films. Fantano is no Roger Ebert, but it's the same basic principle.
>>
File: 1457549226000.gif (1 MB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
1457549226000.gif
1 MB, 250x233
>there are people who actually took the "it's objectively better" comment seriously
>there are people who actually took the fucking video seriously
>>
>He says Pinkerton fans jump at any opportunity to shout about how much Pinkerton is better than blue"
>He makes a video shouting about how much better blue is

Logic
>>
>>64288692
I'd agree if he weren't the redpill youtube type. Dude is turning into some fucking vapid talking head.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.