[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FL or Ableton?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: fl12full_1.jpg (238 KB, 1455x817) Image search: [Google]
fl12full_1.jpg
238 KB, 1455x817
I always played real instruments, but recently i started a project with fl studio.
Made a few beats, kinda learned the basics of the program
But i heard that FL is kinda lame compared to Ableton, and all the professional music makers use that
What's your opinion on this?

Should i start get into Ableton or stick with FL
(btw i'm making modern rap beats mostly)
>>
>>64281170
bump for justice
>>
>>64281170
>But i heard that oranges kinda lame compared to apples
>>
>>64281170
I use Ableton, I love it. Specially cuz I have the Push and that thing is so well integrated its a dream
>>
>>64281248

I have Live 9 and Push 2 and I prefer to just use the piano roll in FL, t b h
>>
>>64281170
>But i heard that FL is kinda lame compared to Ableton, and all the professional music makers use that
>But i heard that Ableton is kinda lame compared to Ableton, and all the professional music makers use that

Doesn't matter.
I started learning on FL 11, moved to Live 9 when I switched to Mac, and now I use Bitwig Studio.
>>
>>64281209
eyy my basic question is that is there any quality difference between the two programmes
Does one offer more than the other?
>>
>>64281277
kinda lame compared to Ableton*
>>
>>64281170

if you tell us more about the way you make or intent to make music we can help you better. In abstracto, FL and Live cant really be compared. If you play several instruments and you are very fast at finding melodies, if your ideas pop out of your mind very fast and you wish to combine many elements a the same time and changing harmony/rythm combinations every second, ableton is for you. If you are more the composer/arranger kinda person, i would recommend FL, it has better basic features for that. I personally use live for playing and recording, and FL to arrange, mix, pan, etc...
>>
>>64281374
*intend
>>
>>64281266
fuck the push 2, the OG push is way more portable
>>
File: acabar.flp - FL Studio 11.jpg (451 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
acabar.flp - FL Studio 11.jpg
451 KB, 1920x1080
>>64281374
This.

Basically, you are the one who make the quality, DAW's help more with the workflow.

Be smart, use what you know and explore new software/hardware, i know a lot of people who makes great things with FL, seamless make great mixes and mastering with FL, Ableton gain more fame because FL was kinda mid-end until 12.

Just, don't buy anything until you try it.

Working on FL11, i'm stuck lol, too bad that i don't know shit about music theory, but i'm getting guitar lessons later this year.
>>
>>64281305
No it all depends on your workflow. That's literally it.
>>
File: martin-garrix-studio-1200-80.jpg (62 KB, 850x478) Image search: [Google]
martin-garrix-studio-1200-80.jpg
62 KB, 850x478
If Martin Garrix can get big using fl Studio then so can you, anon

I know it isn't the best example in terms of quality, but my point is that it doesn't matter and it depends on your own preferences.
>>
>>64282599
what a lame setup. no wonder he makes such overproduced, boring, sterile music.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.