[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
looking for nostalgic/experimental music this album is amazing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: stgstv.jpg (54 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
stgstv.jpg
54 KB, 500x500
looking for nostalgic/experimental music

this album is amazing but most other AnCo (albeit this is Avey Tare/Panda Bear) doesn't click with me

what else has this kind of kiddish innocence and experimental side?

specifically like April and the Phantom
>>
BoC - Music Has a Right to Children is pretty OK
>>
File: Evenoxen.png (956 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
Evenoxen.png
956 KB, 1400x1400
>>64277372
Hey OP, I hate to put myself out there like this but this album I made was actually partly inspired by STGSTV (especially the first track)
I'm only posting this in the hopes that it fits your requirements
evenoxen.bandcamp.com

In all seriousness though, Spirit is a very unique record. I doubt there's any album that will fit to your heart quite like it does. I guess that's what adds to the magic.
>>
>>64277539
This is actually a really good rec in terms of nostalgia and for some the electronic arrangements could possibly pass as experimental.
>>
>>64277565
I really like this honestly, I'm sorry I can't financially contribute but you seem pretty talented, thanks!
>>
>>64277578
April and the Phantom spoke in secret code, until they buried Phantom by the road :(

feels bad mane
>>
>>64277598
Hakuna matada my man, I encourage any and everyone to snag it for free if they enjoy it. The mere act of listening makes me happy. Thanks btw, if you make any music at all, then maybe you might just be the next person to make a Spirit-esque album to satisfy your own void. Then when you do, post it for us to hear.

>>64277626
i cri evrymrte
>>
>>64277565
This sounds really good. I love the Christian imagery.
>>
>>64278187
Thank you anon, hearing that you enjoyed it is heart warming.
>>
>>64278258
you kind of sing like jeff magnum lol

for real though, this stuff is pretty good, not cringe at all.
>>
>>64277372
Requesting the picture showing, which member led each album
>>
>>64279734
It's because the bands before me played all the songs we were going to
>>
File: 10_700_700_mrg338.jpg (113 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
10_700_700_mrg338.jpg
113 KB, 700x700
Everything Julian Koster makes has the same rapturous innocence of childhood that engenders almost terror in the listener through its sincerity and vividity.
>>
>>64277578
It was considered experimental back in the day but if that album had been made today, most people would think it was pretty boring.
>>
>>64277372

This Heat - This Heat
>>
>>64280654
That monkey music video still strikes a chord with most people I've seen encounter BoC for the first time at least.
>>
>>64277372
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXbSfl0O3qU
>>
listen to the japanese band Pale Cocoon, it gives me a similar feeling (though it's not as noisy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjcjy_tTnEg&list=PLspLSFdOtZS4BVexnpeU8sdB5smBwe6vu
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.