[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite concept albums /mu/? > I''ve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: Lamb.jpg (217 KB, 1200x1017) Image search: [Google]
Lamb.jpg
217 KB, 1200x1017
What's your favorite concept albums /mu/?
> I''ve got sunshine in my stomach...
>>
File: pink-floyd-animals-14.jpg (33 KB, 650x628) Image search: [Google]
pink-floyd-animals-14.jpg
33 KB, 650x628
Orwellian vision dividing the human race into Dogs, Pigs or Sheep. Songs longer than should be legally allowed. Amazing guitars. Coldest trip ever put to music. All perfectly bookended by Pigs on the Wing I & II.
>>
>>64276623
OP here. I'll give it a listen.
>>
File: ount erie.jpg (125 KB, 1236x1210) Image search: [Google]
ount erie.jpg
125 KB, 1236x1210
Mount Eerie, though the Lamb is a close second. Both great albums, very different, but rich with musical variety, interesting stories and excellent lyrics

Yeah, the Lamb is great.
>AAAAHHHH YOU SAY I MUST BE CRAYZAY
>CUZ I DON'T CARE WHO I HIT
>WHO I HIT
>BUT I KNOW IT'S ME THAT'S HITTING OUT
>AND I'M NOT FULL OF SHIT
>>
>>64276655
I'll definitely give a listen. Back in NYC is fantastic!
>>
>>64276679
Although Mount Eerie is probably my favorite album period, and the best Microphones album, I don't know if you should start with it? It's a lot to take in and has references to the albums before it.

Side 2 of the Lamb is unfairly stacked

>Back In N.Y.C.
>Hairless Heart
>Counting Out Time
>Carpet Crawlers
>Chamber of 32 Doors

I mean, wow, basically all the best songs on the album right there save the title track The Colony of Slippermen, The Lamia, and In The Rapids.
>>
>>64276780
In the Cage is great too
>>
>>64276780
IMO you're missing The Lambia on side 3 and The Colony of Slippermen, Riding the Scree and It on Side 4.
>>
File: front.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1500
Either this or Ten Stories by mewithoutYou.
>>
>>64276797
Yeah the whole album is killer
>>64276870
>I mean, wow, basically all the best songs on the album right there save the title track The Colony of Slippermen, The Lamia, and In The Rapids.
>>
I'm not very big on concept albums but The Lamb is definitely my favourite of the lot. Runner ups are Thick as a Brick and Tommy
>>
File: front.jpg (761 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
761 KB, 1500x1500
What's there to live for? Who needs the peace corps?
>>
Snow Goose.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.