[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Somebody just told me music started to peak at the 50's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 5000x5000
Somebody just told me music started to peak at the 50's -60's
And I told him it already peaked when classical music was around
Jesus. Can these uneducated people remember classical? They can remember jazz but no classical?
What a fucking fag.
Don't you agree my friends of /mu/
>>
>>64275610
Yeah
>>
So when do you think the peak of music was
>>
>>64276097
Shut up
>>
>>64275610
Some jazz took music to a different level that classical didn't. Post-bop and modal jazz introduced complex composition in real-time. Of course, it wasn't put into practice as complexly that often, but it did open a few doors that classical seemed to keep shut.

Imo arguing over this is trivial. Why worry about this shit when you could be working toward achieving your goals?
>>
>>64276575
I already did. By coming to 4chan.
>>
i just cant wait for the return of contrapuntal music
>>
>>64276575
>Post-bop and modal jazz introduced complex composition in real-time
not really. Bach could improvise fugues and they're far more complex than any jazz song.
And that was around 1720.

Sadly the ability to improvise fugues has been lost.
>>
>>64277471
>Sadly the ability to improvise fugues has been lost.
Not strictly a fugue but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkuo2384ZN4
>>
>>64275610
People have different taste. While I prefer Classical, many do not. This isn't secret knowledge.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.