[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every time people talk about new music, I get really confused,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: rock.jpg (18 KB, 236x360) Image search: [Google]
rock.jpg
18 KB, 236x360
Every time people talk about new music, I get really confused, because I only keep up with certain bands. Having my earbuds break at the gym last week and hearing the radio for the first time in like 6 years was a crazy experience.

And, hell, just two weeks ago was going through transfer orientation at my new college, and I quietly sung along to Nirvana and Queen songs that played during some presentation. From what I could see/hear, I was alone in doing so. At the end of the presentation, some apparently popular new song came on ("And I can ride / get high with my baby" Something like that) and fucking everybody laughed and started singing along.

How the hell do you ignore NIRVANA and QUEEN, but still sing along to this season's bullshit, catchy pop song?
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 259x194
>Implying nirvana and queen weren't bullshit catchy pop bands
>>
>>64274641

Smells Like Teen Spirit is "bullshit catchy pop"?
>>
3 things
1. The song I believe was Trap Queen
Really awful song tb
2. I'm guessing the average human being doesn't look into what inspired those bands. Even then the average music taste changes.
3. LewrongGeneraton
>>
>>64274864
Yes.
>>
>>64274864
I'm just kidding, but you gotta admit, that shit's almost just as accessible, along with Queen and a shit ton of the music on the radio.

Still, I'm forced to listen to Top 40 hits every fucking day at my min. wageslave job and almost all of it sounds vapid and ingenuine as fuck, where as Queen and Nirvana sound a little more sincere. Of course, you could go beyond that and go into the millions of independent artists who seem to care less about appealing to a certain crowd than Nirvana and Queen. Although, I don't think a lot of artists are devoid of that self-consciousness, if any. Different degrees, I figure.

Anyway, consider yourself lucky. A lot of other /mu/tants would probably rape you the fuck out for even mentioning those 2 bands. Go on any dating website and see how popular that shit is. VH1 and MTV shoved that shit down the throats of trust fund babies over the decades, and they still are.
>>
File: anon....jpg (53 KB, 400x612) Image search: [Google]
anon....jpg
53 KB, 400x612
>>64274641
>implying that the anon you replied to will even understand your greentext because it seems highly unlikely that the anon has a solid grasp of music theory and what "catchy" truly means
you devil, you
>>
>>64275467

This is one of those posts where it's obvious you're not actually knowledgeable to ironically be pretentious
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.