[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, it's Friday night. What's your playlist? I spend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: casey at work.jpg (164 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
casey at work.jpg
164 KB, 640x1136
Well, it's Friday night.

What's your playlist? I spend the entire preceding week preparing my Friday night playlist.

Do you try and make your playlists unique, or at least limit the extent which you listen to the same music?

Note: When I say playlist, I mean a sequence of albums, not a sequence of songs. That said, answer the above questions.
>>
>>64269093
fucking rockists
>>
I do try but I'm running a bit short of new music. And there's nowhere decent to listen to it either.
>>
no not really I just listen to whatever
>>
I have been making some weekly musical playlists with a specific goal in mind: to display as much musical diversity as possible (by classifying the playlist into "global", "regional", and "experimental" music; and all of their sub-genres too, obviously).
It has been pretty fun so far, but I think adding some reviews for each individual song/artist from the playlists would be even better.
>>
>>64269105
Most of the music I listen to is meant to be a single, cohesive experience, without which the weight of the musician's expression would fall on deaf ears. It's already abstract enough; no need to further hinder my capacity to understand.

Note: This was a kind response to an unrelated, low quality post. I hope you appreciated it and make only high-quality contributions from this point on.

>>64269152
I understand. I haven't even heard ten new albums this week.

I've been busy with other matters, sadly. Though I suppose it has given me a chance to revisit some old favorites, and better appreciate more recent music.
>>
>>64269206
That does sound fun. I suppose the only challenge would be consistently feeding those playlists with the appropriate tunes, but it seems as though you've managed quite well.

I admit I've never been particularly concerned towards the locality of what I listen to.
>>
Tonight's playlist includes old blues, children's music, drone, drill, psych folk, choral, glitch, calypso, post-rock, trap, glam-rock and anti-folk. It's going to be a nice night.
>>
>>64269152
>And there's nowhere decent to listen to it either.
what is bandcamp
what is boomkat
what is youtube
what is soundcloud??
>>
>>64269269
You need me to tell you?
>>
>>64269266
>drone
>psych folk
>glitch
>anti-folk
Do you have specifics yet?
>>
>>64269304
Tim Buckley, Fennesz, Beck, Daniel Johnston, Robert Rich
>>
>>64269093
>tfw you haven't enjoyed a friday night in years
>>
File: 1413758891426.jpg (62 KB, 334x333) Image search: [Google]
1413758891426.jpg
62 KB, 334x333
>>64269430
You have options.
>>
>>64269476
and suicide isn't one of them.
>>
>>64269493
Why is this?
>>
>>64269093
is that your gf unty?
>>
>>64269627
It's one of many.
>>
File: 144092480836.jpg (66 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
144092480836.jpg
66 KB, 533x800
I don't really have a playlist, but this is what I'll most likely listen to tonight:
>Bernard Parmegiani - La Creation Du Monde
>Bernard Parmegiani - De Natura Sonorum
>Franco Donatoni - Quartetto IV 'Zrcadlo'
>Franco Donatoni - Puppenspiel II
>Franco Donatoni - Black and White n. 2
>Franco Donatoni - Lied
>Franco Donatoni - Ash
>Franco Donatoni - Le ruisseau sur l'escalier
>Franco Donatoni - L'ultima sera
>Franco Donatoni - Feria
>Franco Donatoni - Arpège
>Witold Szalonek - 1+1+1+1
>Witold Szalonek - Symfonia rytuałów
The night is young, /mu/tants.
>>
>>64269093

Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>64269093
who is this semen demon?
>>
File: 1449192221621.jpg (59 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449192221621.jpg
59 KB, 500x500
>>64269093
Put me in your play lost
Mixtape on dat piff
But here is a soundcloud sample
https://m.soundcloud.com/ronniescholarship/glow-prod-by-ferdose
>>
>>64270864
>>64270221
Aaron Ellis
>>
>>64271330
Thanks!
>>
File: Comfy_guy.jpg (41 KB, 600x579) Image search: [Google]
Comfy_guy.jpg
41 KB, 600x579
Well, i just spent the last week, basically high the whole time. It was pretty enjoyable. Lots of time with friends 2bh. But I'm about to put on some Cocteau Twins, Ride, Radio Dept, and go to sleep.

Gonna take a shower first tho.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.