[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /MU/ think of this beck album? Why did it win a grammy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
What does /MU/ think of this beck album?

Why did it win a grammy?
>>
the album is alright and everything but if you judge music quality by it winning a grammy you're retarded
>>
>>64268954
I felt it was just a direct sequel to Sea Change like Vulnicura to Homogenic. I mean that's fine and all but I was still hoping for something different.

Because if you're actually a decent artist they wait ten years after your best work to give you an award like a fucking Nobel Prize.
>>
>>64268954

It won a Grammy because the academy felt bad for constantly snuffing him in the past.
>>
>>64269118
true.
>>
It's a difficult album, it should come with a warning notice. It is quite upsetting. It's nothing like Sea Change, it reminds me more of Mutations, though I've not heard his music book only collection or Modern Guilt.

He seems to be avoiding the obvious. Why not do a straight folk or classic rock album?

Or pure Electro, though I suppose that's close to Midnight Vultures territory.
>>
>>64268954
i really didnt understand it's popularity.

sounded sterile compared to his earlier works.
beck had such a distinct sound prior to this.
>>
it's boring and it won a grammy because they hate black people
>>
>>64268954
Its ok but it gets pretty dry in some spots. Good album to go to sleep to though
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.