[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why didn't he just call it the definitive "Smile"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: frown.jpg (197 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
frown.jpg
197 KB, 1000x1000
why didn't he just call it the definitive "Smile" and be done with it, rather than "The Smile Sessions?

And what's the story behind the title " Smiley Smile" (1968)
>>
>>64263771
Because "Smile" will in a sense always be incomplete. "Smile Sessions" are Brian's ordering amongst dozens of disparate tapes for Smile. "Smiley Smile" is just some shit Mike and the boys put together so Good Vibrations could be on an album. Brian does have a degree of closure with "Brian Presents Smile" where he re records and completes the album but forty years after the fact.
>>
>>64263771
There is a regular Smile (as in, Brian Wilson Presents). It's not as good. Smiley Smile contains some renditions of tracks meant for Smile.
>>
Idk but the smile sessions are still the GOAT and they aren't even finished

It pains me to think of what could have been

It's literally in my top 5 albums of all time
>>
>>64263916
It is fucking incredible even listening to it almost fifty years later. I could only imagine how much minds it would have blown.
>>
What's better, "The Smile Sessions", or " Brian Wilson Presents"?
>>
Here's to hoping some savant avant-garde retard spends there life on perfecting Smile once all the beach boys are dead and their tapes are made available to public
>>
Because its not Smile, its just a reconstruction based on the template of BWPS, wich its mostly a Darian Sahanaja interpretation of the work, approved by Brian.
>>
>>64264005
The Smile Sessions if you like The Beach Boys

Brian WIlson Presents if you like Smile performed with old man vocals
>>
Is there anything creatively exclusive to the BWPS recordings that aren't part of the 60's sessions since they recruited VDP?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.