[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/LUM/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: cover.jpg (433 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
433 KB, 2048x2048
not been around here too much lately, what's up with /mu/ turning on ugly mane?
what's the hate about?
>>
idk, i don't really like hip hop but OA is really great.
>>
File: Petey2.jpg (54 KB, 391x480) Image search: [Google]
Petey2.jpg
54 KB, 391x480
Fantano turned on LUM. Not /mu/. There was a brief backlash but after the annoying fans moved on the the next FOTM and people started to realize how lazy and flawed Fantano's review is, people started to warm up to him more.
>>
>>64263515
OR there are people who don't give a fuck about what that melon says. idk if that's the case anymore though, i don't really visit /mu/ too much.

anyway very enjoyable record, maybe ppl were surprised how different its from mista thug isolation
>>
If dubs LUM returns
>>
Everything he's made other than Mista Thug and Third Side is completely mediocre at best and edgelord brony trash at worst (here's looking at you, Twance Cop). If he was posted in a soundcloud thread and didn't already have a following no one would give his music a second listen.
>>
>>64263968
wow, this is embarrassingly untrue
>>
>>64264014
Playaz Circle wasn't good. If anything it showed how poor Mista Thug would have been had he not had people coaching him along the recording process. Items like Bust A Sag in particular show how much more important album art is to his fans than the actual quality of the track is. Reminiscent of the vaporwave community in that respect.

Shawn Kemp beats vary wildly from garbage to decent. He doesn't channel old school memphis nearly as well as he thinks he does.
>>
>>64264108
playaz circle was shit, but everything else is great
>>
>>64264168
Name one record other than MTI or TSOT that you think is above average
>>
>>64264225
I don't see what this is going to accomplish considering I'll tell you what I like and then you'll tell me that it's shit and then we both go back to doing whatever it was we were doing beforehand.
>>
>>64264225
the weeping worm? uneven compromise?
>>
>>64264225
First two tapes are phenomenal. Uneven comp is also good
>>
>>64264225
not him but oblivion access, the weeping worm, on doing an evil deed blues and uneven compromise are fantastic. Even the collab with Nickelus F is really good
>>
>>64264296
>>64264323
>>64264367
The tracks that make up Weeping Worm like Lights Down Low and Underwater Tank barely even hold up to the artists like Evil Pimp that the record is trying to pay homage to. Like a highschooler on youtube trying to pay tribute without practicing beforehand. I will admit Uneven Compromise had great atmosphere in my opinion and had he played with noise more in his career I would probably have more respect for him.

I thought Oblivion was Playaz Circle with better production as far as lyrical content and beats went, and that the Nick F collab was hot trash.

>>64264290
Suppose you're right
>>
>>64263341
Hopsin for hipsters
>>
>>64264580
Thats a bit of a stretch
>>
>>64263341
people obeying the melonheaded fagtano and people being contrarian assholes
>>
>>64264510
>Like a highschooler on youtube trying to pay tribute without practicing beforehand

i can appreciate what you are saying but hyperbole like this is why i hate arguing online. it's clearly a man who loves the music a lot and has the skill to pull it off. if it reaches something great, not sure.
>>
>>64264694
Okay, maybe I exaggerated but he was only in his early 20s and I legitimately believe he didn't hone his craft very well before recording pretty much everything in his discog before MTI. For the most part I feel like we have to pick either good lyrics or good flow with his tracks, usually not both.
>>
/mu/ never liked ugly mane .

His stuff is good MTI is his best release. OA was shitted on because it was a major letdown after the long wait. Did a awful job incorporating his noise into the tracks that every track followed the same song structure.

but if u lyke him good 4 u :)
>>
>>64263968
you have to listen uneven comprise faggot
>>
>>64264225
TSOT is one of his weaker releases you melon-riding faggot

everything from MTI onward is great, with TSOT being the bottom of the bracket
>>
o also can you idiots stop pretending weeping worm is a cohesive release and judging it as a whole
>>
>>64266672
If it was presented as a conventional album it would obviously deserve a poor rating but as a demo collection its better than pretty much everything he made pre MTI

>>64266706
You know the definition of the word compilation thus you are superior to all of us.
>>
>its a created by a high school student paid 7 dollars a day album art threat
>>
>>64264108
Shut the fuck up. I'm from Memphis and was bumping Mystic Styles on shuffle, then the next song was Uneven Compromise and someone thought it was someone from Three Six or UGK
>>
File: 1454799066201.jpg (44 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1454799066201.jpg
44 KB, 600x600
>>64263968
>>
>>64264367
>Even the collab with Nickelus F is really good
fucking solid, it grows on you too...
>>
>>64264580
but what if you genuinely "fucking love that shit"?
am I hipster then?
>>
>>64270307
yeah being hipster is cool tbqh
>>
>>64263341
Definitely one of the better hip hop records to exist
>>
>its an "artist who's only released two albums" thread
>>
File: 1461181504269.jpg (25 KB, 320x304) Image search: [Google]
1461181504269.jpg
25 KB, 320x304
>Playaz Circle, Bust A Sag are bad
>anything except * (especially an instrumental/compilation album) is bad
please find someone with better taste to get yours from
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.