[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This motherfucker right here is one of the most underappreciated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: bob-markey-03.jpg (56 KB, 588x588) Image search: [Google]
bob-markey-03.jpg
56 KB, 588x588
This motherfucker right here is one of the most underappreciated artists from the past 50 years.
Prove me wrong
>>
>>64261777
>underappreciated
PPFFFFFFTTTTTHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

nice b8 brah
>>
>>64261777
>Underappreciated

On /mu/?
>>
File: 1455991566652.jpg (106 KB, 493x656) Image search: [Google]
1455991566652.jpg
106 KB, 493x656
I like his song "be happy"
>>
>>64261794
I mean it. Everyone praises him most for his political image and to be forehead of a whole new movement about love and peace in Jamaica and world. But actually few people have sat and stopped to listen to his albums with The Wailers. They're fucking GOAT.
>>
>>64261862
You could've just added all that on the OP post.

A lot of people here can misinterpret the fuck out of that statement.
>>
>>64261807
On /mu/ definitely. Outside of this board, I can only say about my personal experience... and even the people I knew that were into music, only knew a couple of his songs.
>>
>>64261777
Agreed.

Jamaican music in general really.

But then its not like 95% of /mu/ have a clue about music other than what they got from charts, p4k and fantano.
>>
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
literally everyone knows a bob marley song

he's like the only reggae artist that normies can name
>>
>>64261990
what's wrong with getting music from charts? I've found some of my favorite albums on there
>>
>>64261777
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
File: bunny.jpg (109 KB, 595x595) Image search: [Google]
bunny.jpg
109 KB, 595x595
>>64261990
This guy knows it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V-7g5yVawM
>>
>>64262024
You don't learn anything.
>>
DUDEEEEE WEEEEEEEDDDDD
>>
That's not the who
everyono mentions beatles, doors, beach boys and stones
no one mentions the who
fuck eberyone
>>
GOAT musician imo. There are better bands, but to me Marley is the greatest individual in music history. He wasn't the most technical, not by a longshot, but his music and especially his lyrics are just too good. It's so much more than "dude weed lmao" and "good vibes." His music can be very sensual and despite the vibes can be incredibly somber.
>>
Peter Tosh solo > The Wailers >>>> Bob Marley solo = Bunny Wailer solo
>>
Reggae more properly denotes a particular music style that was strongly influenced by traditional mento and calypso music, as well as American jazz and rhythm and blues, especially the New Orleans R&B practiced by Fats Domino and Allen Toussaint, and evolved out of the earlier genres ska and rocksteady.

Dub has influenced many genres of music, including rock (most significantly the subgenre of post-punk and other kinds of punk[5]), pop,[6] hip hop,[5] disco, and later house,[7] techno,[7] ambient,[7] electronic dance music,[8] and trip hop.[7] Dub has become a basis for the genres of jungle/drum and bass[9][10] and dubstep.[11] Traditional dub has survived and some of the originators, such as Lee "Scratch" Perry and Mad Professor, continue to produce new material.
>>
DUUDT WOEED LAMAHO
>>
>>64262024
have u ever heard anything from africa or south america, and specific genres from there, thoose are the true goats tbqh
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.