[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hetfield's voice and Lars' drumming aside, can they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: n1804earlyMetallica.jpg (75 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
n1804earlyMetallica.jpg
75 KB, 400x300
Hetfield's voice and Lars' drumming aside, can they ever sound as great as they used to on record again, production-wise?

I really hope the new album doesn't sound like Death Magnetic 2.0, but from clips and teasers it feels like it's heading that way.
>>
Only if they don't call Rick fucking Rubin again
>>
>>64257559
That man's been phoning it in for years.

Barely even shows up to the studio apparently.
>>
no, because they're rich

/thread
>>
>>64257559
Truth.

I actually wouldn't mind if they called Bob Rock to help produce again. If they can emulate anything relating to something off the Black Album, I think they would have a chance.

But like >>64257572 said, they're rich so they probably don't give a shit if their record and live tone still sounds like they're using their Load/ReLoad-era presets.
>>
>>64257508
>I really hope the new album doesn't sound like Death Magnetic 2.0

Prepare for disappointment. This is the mindset Hetfield has been in since forever. Not saying there still aren't good songs to be had, but the KA - AJFA days are long gone.
>>
More like I wonder if they will ever gonna properly remaster And Justice for All.
>>
>>64257675
Already not getting my hopes up. They can definitely still write great songs, but man I just wish it wouldn't sound so shitty.

>>64257698
2 "remasters" down. AFJA is all I'm waiting for.
>>
>>64257698
there are several fan-made youtube remixes of AJFA that all sound better than the official mix
>>
>>64257698
>>64257711
>>64257713
Also I hope they stop at AJFA.

Black Album should not be touched in any way.
>>
>>64257713

Unless the whole album of these fanmade remixes are available in high-quality/lossless, I'll still wait for the official ones
>>
>>64257571
you can pinpoint the moment where rick rubin fell off as a producer. just compare the two red hot chili peppers' albums blood sugar sex magik, and one hot minute. one sounds great, and the other sounds like ass
>>
AJFA REMASTER WHEN
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.