[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This man single-handedly keep guitar alive. Prove me wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: 9353.jpg (85 KB, 630x839) Image search: [Google]
9353.jpg
85 KB, 630x839
This man single-handedly keep guitar alive. Prove me wrong.
>>
He's pretty irrelevant
>>
He needs to stop putting out every riff he thinks of. Flooding the market makes people not care.
>>
He's boring as fuck.
>>
why does he wear the bucket
>>
>>64256051
So u can't see his bald spot
>>
no one knows him outside of a select group of enthusiasts. His output is doing more harm than good and the meme mask shit got old.
>>
>>64256012

>>64256036
>>64256037
>>64256045
>>64256061

>this is doing "harm" to the guitar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v7NO3iKFYM
>>
How does one prove someone who's right wrong?
>>
>>64256060

For you.
>>
>>64256037
is the reason ppl say
>>64256045

i like him a lot but his really good stuff is buried beneath so much mediocre shit
>>
>>64256081
It's pretty easy if your clever.
>>
Does he expect anyone to listen to all his albums? what is the point of releasing all of that is it a merzbow fuck you to the industry type of art movement. i just don't get it
>>
>>64256097
I share the same opinion as you. I'm going to see him on tour in May, but ideally I would want him to release one album every 3-6 months, tops. I'd like to see more studio albums and less pikes, where you have to listen to dig deep into the backlog to find gold.
>>
>>64256108
maybe the guy just needs to make an album a day to stay happy.
>>
I don't understand how is possible to record so many album in the lifetime as he did.
>>
>>64256562
>go into home studio
>dick around on the guitar for an hour
>mix it down
>put it out
Buckethead's creative process in all its glory
>>
>>64256012
I've never heard one of his songs, but I play the guitar.
>>
Always been intrigued by Buckethead but i have never listened to him. What is a good album to start with if i want pure guitar rock and little to no ambient bullshit?
>>
>>64256944

Chinese Democracy
>>
>>64257153
Can't stand Fagxel Rose's voice. Gimme something else. Don't we got a flowchart or something?
>>
>2016
>still liking guitar based music

Take your dadrock and go home grandpa
>>
>>64257197
Enter the Chicken is a pretty good place to start.
Also Giant Robot and Bucketheadland
>>
>>64257197
Crime Slunk Scene or Albino Slug
>>
>>64257197
Monsters and robots is pretty good.
>>
Looks like he's using both hands to me
>>
>>64258787
7/10
>>
>>64256076
Literally a 16 minute solo with backing track. He plays very nice but this is just a rock guitar solo, certainly not groundbreaking in any way.
>>
utter fucking trash
>>
>>64256076
this is not songwriting

this is not inventive or interesting

it's just noodling over a fuckin youtube backing track
>>
>>64256012

my brother loves him

I think he's alright

I don't think much quality control goes into his absurd amount of album releases, he basically just goes into the studio, jams for an hour, and releases it. I heard he doesn't even do the editing or mixing or mastering or anything like that himself.
>>
>>64256562
i take it you've never heard of Sun Ra.
>>
>>64259431

WE
>>
90% of his output sounds like hold music
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.