[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guitar Hero plays a big role in my introduction to music. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: $_86.jpg (109 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
$_86.jpg
109 KB, 1024x768
Guitar Hero plays a big role in my introduction to music. It's where I first heard Freebird and countless other "classics" sup with ya'll famal? Can you relate?
idk. Fav song on Guitar Hero or Rock Band or some shit?
Which is Better?
>>
Rocksmith
>>
>>64255131

This thread seems baity, but w/e

I played a lot of Rock Band and Guitar Hero. It was actually pretty instrumental (heh) in my discovering of new music that wasn't just what my siblings listened to and eventually probably what led to me picking up a real guitar.
>>
Playing Guitar Hero while fantasizing about Billie Joe Armstrong back when I was a wee lad has inspired me to learn real guitar, and that led me to where I am today; a fairly competent guitarist trying to learn crazy atonal Frippian shit and having what I consider to be pretty gud taste.

So thank fuck for Guitar Hero
>>
Rock Band got me into drumming.

I actually went through the drum tutorials that let you practice different patterns/rudiments and applied that to an actual drum set when some friends of mine wanted to start a band.

RB/GH also introduced me to some acts that I wouldn't have heard otherwise (Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs, The Slip, Poni Hoax)

Harmonix GH > RB > Activision GH
>>
Guitar Hero 5's setlist is kinda cool
Has songs from

>King Crimson- ITCOTCK
>Elliott Smith- Figure 8
>Brand New- The Devil and God
>Weezer- Pinkerton
>Smashing Pumpkins- Mellon Collie
>David Bowie- Young Americans
>Sonic Youth- Rather Ripped
>Beastie Boys- Check Your Head
>A Perfect Circle- Mers De Noms
>Queens of the Stone Age- Era Vulgaris
>Iron Maiden- Powerslave
>Rolling Stone- Beggars Banquet
>Sunny Day Real Estate- Diary
>Iggy Pop- Lust for Life
>>
File: jimmy carl black.png (353 KB, 617x549) Image search: [Google]
jimmy carl black.png
353 KB, 617x549
>>64255131
>mfw listened to 2112 to prepare myself for Guitar Hero and the album ends up being way better than the game
>>
Guitar hero 2 and 3 made me interested in rock music and the guitar which I picked up then.
Now I'm the guitarist in a math rock band and a shoegaze band, needless to say guitar hero is responsible for me getting into my now biggest interest, very cool
>>
>>64255131
I heard a lot of punk and rap through Tony Hawk games back when I was in elementary/middle school and all I really liked was The Beach Boys and The Beatles.
>>
>>64255131

Same here. It's what got me into Tool (yeah yeah, I know, /mu/ hates them. whatever), and why I picked up the bass.
>>
>>64255131
Not Guitar Hero but I got into funky stuff through Bounce FM on GTA:SA. Couple of years later I started playing bass and now I'm going to a music school.
>>
>>64255532
Same man. I owe most of the talent I have currently as a drummer to Rock Band.

Only problem is that it doesn't teach how to stay in time, but once I'm able to own my own kit then that'll come with practice.
>>
Every Friday after school when I was about 15, me and my friends used to get together and play Halo 3 and Rockband together. I'd bring a second guitar controller so we had a full band. Years later, I still record music with one of those guys.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.