[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that Prince is relevant again I must familiarize myself with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Prince.jpg (158 KB, 980x552) Image search: [Google]
Prince.jpg
158 KB, 980x552
Now that Prince is relevant again I must familiarize myself with his music in order to retain my patrician status. Where do I start with him and what's his best album? Don't tell me Purple Rain, that's what all the plebs seem to like.
>>
>>64254783
Contrarians' choice for best Prince album is seemingly Batman
>>
>>64254783
Batman and 4u are his only big albums.
>>
Your patrician status only has to claim he is overrated, say he is a 2nd rate James Brown until the hype dies down and then you can get into his music.
>>
>>64254944
1999 and Lovesexy too. Prince as well
>>
For You, or download The Work. It's a multi disk compilation of Original, b-sides, remixes, and songs that didn't make the cut. There's even a demo of Kiss as well as the cut he gave to Masseratti before taking it back. If you want to seem like a know it all faggot download that.
>>
Do people really like his Batman album? That shit is terrible.
>>
File: 1443908276825.jpg (404 KB, 1372x804) Image search: [Google]
1443908276825.jpg
404 KB, 1372x804
go nuts
>>
>>64255235
>Purple Rain
>average
Why do contrarians do this?
>>
>>64254944
:^)
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 640x980) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 640x980
>>64254944
Jesus Christ
>>
>>64254783
Hardcore Prince fans seem obsessed with who has heard the rarest outtake or demo. One of them told me years ago that "Electric Intercourse" was one of his best songs, and there were something like 15 different versions of it floating around. Some of them were pretty bad; one was great.

So, it can take some sorting to get things right.
>>
I always preferred Around The World in A Day, but Sign of The Times is also good. People will probably recommend 1999, and while it's a good album, it's a little too pleb for my taste. Still never heard the original Black Album, so I can't advise you on that.
>>
>>64255235
this is a disgrace
>>
File: 556376333439.png (241 KB, 409x404) Image search: [Google]
556376333439.png
241 KB, 409x404
>>64255455
>it's a little too pleb for my taste
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.