[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/, I'm looking to buy my first synth within the next
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: TopView.jpg (652 KB, 1000x698) Image search: [Google]
TopView.jpg
652 KB, 1000x698
Hey /mu/, I'm looking to buy my first synth within the next week or two. I've heard great things about the Arturia Microbrute on here and other sites. I've heard people say that this synth is more "in your face" sounds and not so much ambient sounds. Is there a synth of as good quality in the same price range for ambient music?
>>
That is fine for ambient music too, what you play is what matters. The sound of the filter is what they are calling in your face, just cause it can get hairy. Doesn't have to, just depends on how you use it. Really good unit!
>>
>>64254764
Oh cool. Thanks!
>>
It doesn't work with some of my pedals for some reason. The Strymon bluesky for example, I would try it out with your setup if possible before buying.
>>
>>64254801
Doesn't work how?
>>
>>64254817
I actually have the minibrute SE my bad. But yeah the output signal is extremely weak when I run it through the Bigsky, almost silent. Works fine going right into the amp/speakers but once you put that pedal in between them it doesn't work.

I really don't know why...
>>
I have this synths and like it very much. The only downsides are:

1) one single oscillator (albeit with a "sub-oscsillator) which makes the sound kind of plain.

2) absolutely no built-in effects. This is really a bummer. I can't belive they didn't put a cheap digital delay in there. Anyway, you really need a pedal or some effect to make this synth really shine.

Other than that, this is a lovely little synth and you can buy it very cheap used. Go for it
>>
>>64254872
That's weird. I have a bigsky too and never had any gain issues with anything I've run through it. Maybe try contacting strymon, they have always been really friendly/helpful.
>>
>>64254737
as a first synth anything will do i guess. arturia is like one step from teenage engeenfagging. its shit bro. go on craigslist and get a real synth. a D50 will destroy that thing. ensoniq vfx. oh all the shit out there arturia anything would be pretty low on my list. its snobbery and its ok when talking about gear
>>
microkorg
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.