[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stage fright
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 425x239) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 425x239
Alright guys I've never played on stage before but suddenly i'm gonna be playing Canon in D fingerstyle for the aisle music at a wedding. 150 people

Any stage fright tips?
>>
Take a beta-blocker
>>
>>64253744
Don't those repress memories?
>>
>>64253722
just fucking practice a lot obviously. play it to people so you get used to playing in front of others. make sure you can play it in your head, and visualise how you're going play it. bring the sheet music and have that set up next to you, but don't rely on it, you should aim to know it by heart before playing live. test yourself by playing from certain random points in the piece without having to use the notation, this'll help you cement the music.

make sure you're warmed up before hand, like literally, get your fingers warmed, get your body temperature up a little and make sure you've had something good to eat. you'll be fine, don't worry!
>>
Benzo's if you can get them. Valium is really good. Might be easier to get a script for beta blockers though. Pretty common among professional musicians.
>>
>>64253722
don't drink any alcohol, (for a week before)

and do it

(oh, go and visit the place before hand and run it through on your own, get to know where you're going and have the upper hand)
>>
>>64253828
also, you're going to know the more detailed parts of the piece more than the people listening, so it's not that big a deal if you fuck up a bit
>>
>>64253722
It sounds weird, but try and learn to play the piece with your eyes closed. It's actually a lot easier to do than you'd expect, and it really bolsters your confidence
>>
>>64253828
>>64253845
>>64253855
>>64253857
Thanks mates. Bump
>>
>>64253930
Yeah I do this sometimes with other songs
>>
say to them with your mouth "is it ok if I rehearse there a couple of times the week before?"

if you can, it'll really help it go well
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.