[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best thing about A flat minor?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: A_Flat_Minor_Key_Signature.png (10 KB, 454x242) Image search: [Google]
A_Flat_Minor_Key_Signature.png
10 KB, 454x242
What's the best thing about A flat minor?
>>
File: F Sharp Major Key Signature.png (9 KB, 401x282) Image search: [Google]
F Sharp Major Key Signature.png
9 KB, 401x282
why does no one wanna play in the key of f sharp
>>
File: 1450154769342.png (137 KB, 526x436) Image search: [Google]
1450154769342.png
137 KB, 526x436
>mfw sax player playing this
>>
>>64249671

fun for piano i guess. all black keys.
>>
>>64249671
Playing guitar and not caring about sharp and flat keys
>>
>>64249716
But I play in F sharp all the time.
>>
that's disgusting, you pedophile
>>
Playing guitar and laughing at brassfags/keyboardfags.
>>
The Hell Song by Sum 41 is in that key :^)
>>
they let you grope them
>>
>>64250431
Kill yourself.
>>
>>64250431
MOOOOOOOOODS
>>
File: Peeping-Pepe.png (117 KB, 305x382) Image search: [Google]
Peeping-Pepe.png
117 KB, 305x382
>>64250431

Oh my
>>
>>64249671
>A flat minor
lewd
>>
>>64250205
>>64250288
>Amateur musicians who dont play in an orchestra

do you really belong in key bitching thread when you dont even understand what's going on here?
>>
>>64250431

Well, here come the cops

I was not actually expecting literal CP.
>>
>>64250563
>muh orchestra muh elitism ;(
Ok enjoy trying to play in A flat minor lmao
>>
>>64249716
It's a bit of a mindfuck at first on the horn but actually it sits pretty well under the fingers

>>64250588
As someone who plays both guitar and brass, you guys have no clue about the difference in difficulty
>>
f sharp is beautiful and anyone who says he's not is a bad person and should be ashamed of themselves
>>
The main difference in tone from scale-to-scale is the timbre of playing either higher or lower compositions.

Otherwise, Ab is just like G or Eb. Don't give a fuck. As long as I'm vibing.
>>
>>64249671
They don't fight as hard? Is that the joke? Did /b/ leak again?
>>
>>64251131

stay butthurt classicalfag

l m a o
>>
>people who think playing in key signatures with more than 3 sharps/flats is hard
spot the idiots LMAO
>>
>>64249671
wasp stings
>>
>>64250007
>all black keys
>>
>>64250007
lrn your instrument m8
>>
>>64250563
>boasting about playing the most conservative and regressive music in the western canon
>>
>playing music in a key
it's 2016 OP
>>
>>64253217
I personally dont play in an orchestra, but I know enough about the classical world to know why players dont like playing in certain keys. It aint rocket science.

I hope you're not implying classical/art music / contemporary classical is "conservative" or "regressive" when its been spearheading development for 500 years.

Pretty much every musical idea of worth started with classical composers and was perfected by them, before being lapped up by plebs and turned into popular music. Tonality, Electronic music, noise, chance music, looping and sample based music. All pioneered by classical composers.

Classical may look conservative to outsiders who think its all Mozart and Beethoven, but once you listen to composers like Stockhausen or Schoenberg or Ferneyhough, you realize its light years ahead of its popular contemporaries. Always has been, always will be.
>>
>>64253184
whoops. meant for the sax anon
>>
>>64251520
There's the idea that certain keys give off certain moods, but really that's a bunch of baloney. I'll adjust keys to best match vocal ranges, as every other instrument is relatively easy to adjust.
>>
>>64254332
>muh Ferneyhough, muh Stockhausen
Classical for the most part still hasn't departed from the concert hall setting. This alone makes it very conservative. No matter what instrumentation or theories it uses.
I'm kinda trolling you anon. I listen to a lot of Western art music including the above composers. I'm just wanting to draw attentions to some of the shortfalls of its culture though.
>>
>>64253229
pretty much this. use and abuse the fucking dissonances
>>
>>64254465
I beg to differ anon. Different keys definitely have different moods at least on the one instrument. I think it might just be to do with the particular resonances of individual instruments desu.
>>
>>64249671
Beaconsfield.
>>
>>64254475
Judging classical by what's played in the concert hall is like judging popular music by what you hear on the radio. Its just the tip of the iceberg. It neither defines, nor constricts the music. Its just a formal way of presenting it.

I've been to quite a few non-standard classical concerts, and modern audiences are actually pretty open to hearing new things. Casual settings and envelope pushing performances are becoming the norm, if you know where to go.
>>
>>64254465
On a piano, perhaps. But on an orchestra different keys really do have different sounds.

G major uses a lot of open strings and is very stable sounding. Compared to Bbminor, which is highly unstable.

And thats just the string section. Each instrument has different timbres depending on register. Keys that accentuate a different register of an instrument are going to create a different timbre, and when you multiply that by 100+ instruments, suddenly the difference between two closely related keys is staggering, let alone two distant keys.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.