[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever met a famous musician /mu/? I almost met Maynard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: iw2vOdi.jpg (46 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
iw2vOdi.jpg
46 KB, 960x540
Have you ever met a famous musician /mu/?

I almost met Maynard on their most recent tour, pic related
>>
>>64248113
ive met pete wentz and barry johnson
>>
the most "famous" guys i've met are the dudes from ajj. they were sweet
>>
used to be sort of friends with michael stipe
>>
i fucked joanna newsom after my comedy routine
>>
>>64248113
i met Jeff Mangum in 2014 at NMH's last show in Memphis, Earl Sweatshirt in Cali on vacation at Amoeba Records, Neon Indian at the after party of the Psychic Chasms release, and ironically enough, Prince, at the Peabody. It was a random encounter; and there was nobody there except for a couple dudes
>>
File: me on the right.jpg (31 KB, 671x434) Image search: [Google]
me on the right.jpg
31 KB, 671x434
Me with John Lennon

It was quite a bang haha (I shot him)
>>
>>64248306
In an interview she says Fred Armisen introduced her and Andy Samberg and the first thing she said to him was "oh my god you're him! You're steve the cunt!"
>>
I've met Alex Tuner before. It was weird, he seemed pretty shy, but his music makes him seem like a arrogant douche.
>>
>Used to know Christina Aguilera
>Played shows with Chromeo, Black Moth Super >Rainbow, RJD2 and !!! (None of whom are particularly famous I guess)
>Hung out with Jason Pierce after one of his Spiritualized gigs. Talked about Andy Warhol (it was in Pittsburgh)
>a childhood friend was Buddy Rich's grandson
>>
File: Merzwander.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Merzwander.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Thor Harris invited me to his house to chill once. That was great.

I met a lot of musicians during live shows cause I get there early as fuck.It's a fun experience.
>>
Met each member from alvvays at a concert except for the guitarist and bass guitarist, Molly was pretty cool
>>
When is that afro dude gonna start dumping pics of himself with various musicians
>>
met the lead singer of Big Ups, he was pretty cool.
>>
File: prey.jpg (136 KB, 567x323) Image search: [Google]
prey.jpg
136 KB, 567x323
I met Grimes on a dark night. What happened after is the reason she scrapped her original followup to Visions.
>>
I met Pity Sex. they were nice, Britty gave me her last stickers ^^
>>
i smoked weed with les claypool at wakarusa, seems like a pretty alright guy, i met kayo from polysics at a show when she was still a member of polysics

other then that nah
>>
>>64248113

I met a few because I used to work at a concert venue. My boss could share really awesome stories (he literally would get Bob Dylan weed) but I have one mediocre story

Elvis Costello... me and the crew are tearing shit down and he walks by outside to the tour bus, and is like, "wanna shot?" and I'm freaking out inside (this year's model is in my top 10 albums) but he just insisted

So we go into his tour bus, have a nervous chat and he gives us all a few shots of some kind of nice whiskey (not much of a drinker)

I was so nervous I couldn't fanboy at him successfully, and that's probably for the best

I did not expect him to be cool at all, even though I love his music, I figured he would be 'uppity' but found out he's a great dude, drinking with the plebs
>>
I got beaten up by Method Man over a misunderstanding.

Well more so just punched in the face a few times, not really beaten up
>>
i am brian wilson performing pet sounds
and ive met me
>>
My friend has a sister who is a girlfriend to Icicle. For me, this means access to backstage on the biggest dnb festival out there. And that means I drinked and smoked weed with guys like Mefjus, SpctraSoul, Joe Ford or even the actually huge names like Noisia, Netsky, Wilkinson or Spor

>tfw you calmly drinking beer and Wilkinson asks if he might take a sit
>>
>>64248113
I met that chvrches girl
She sucked my dick
>>
File: jsls.gif (395 KB, 300x210) Image search: [Google]
jsls.gif
395 KB, 300x210
>>64248355
okay, I'll admit I laughed
>>
I saw MC Ride at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
I met Daniel Johns
He said "How's it going?"
I just mumbled and walked away.
>>
Spanish group La Unión ate at the table behind me at a restaurant in México City. I only know them one song so whatever.
>>
I met Win Butler. He actually introduced himself to me and shook my hand. Pretty cool guy, don't know why everyone makes him out to be a total douche.
>>
>>64253321
Should have just said 'the dissociatives' and walked away
>>
>>64253255
svcc :D :3
>>
Met Steven Van Zandt once
>>
>>64248500
>>Played shows with Chromeo, Black Moth Super >Rainbow, RJD2 and !!!
that's fucking cool anon
>>
>>64253316
was the original version with snickers? or am I being Mandela effect'd?
>>
All members of Biffy Clyro and their live guitarist Mike Vennart from Oceansize

Top lads all around desu
>>
>>64251292
Nice. I never really clicked with his music until sulphur to sugarcane (his band was some of the best of acoustic music). Love him now.
>>
>>64248113

i wouldn't say i met him, but Robert Trujillo once walked past me and my bro right after a show when ST was opening for Queensryche. my bro had caught one of RJ Herrera's drumsticks when he was tossing them out into the crowd, and he asked Rob to sign the stick, but Rob said he didn't have a pen. so then my bro asked Rob to bite the stick and he just kinda looked at us like we were fucking retarded.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.