[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What you thinking /mu/? Multi-instrumental.. Or just get really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Common Room.jpg (78 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Common Room.jpg
78 KB, 640x480
What you thinking /mu/? Multi-instrumental.. Or just get really good at one instrument?
>>
>>64247179
>Not getting really good with differents instruments
Lmao
>>
>>64247179
One instrument.

You can never get good at something if you constantly distract yourself with anything that catches your eye
>>
I am really really good at singing, and I am pretty good at piano too.
I wish I was good at guitar, nobody likes solo-piano acts.
>>
>>64248383
Solo piano is the best though. The only thing better is piano trio
>>
If you know guitar you can play bass because bass players are worthless.
>>
How's your vocal quality?

I'd say singing is the best' instrument' you can learn by far.

You can take it with you anywhere. And you can really speak your mind.

It takes a lot of practice, as will any instrument, but you will receive more attention for being able to sing than anything else.
>>
If you good at music you'll be able to learn them all easily and gravitate towards one or two as your preferred method of expression. If you're not good at music you'll never be able to learn any of them. This is a non question.
>>
>>64248567
Sure you can play bass, but learning bass timing and styles are a feat of their own. Not every guitarist can properly groove without some sort of rhythmic background.

Less can be more.
>>
>>64248646
Yeah. Most guys who main guitar cant play good bass. They are just too busy, trying to play lead shit all the time. 1 and 5 brother
>>
I play guitar, bass, piano, drums, compose using Logic Pro and use Pro Tools to record myself and other bands/projects in my recording studio. Playing more then one instrument gives you an understanding of motion and feel within songs. Being able lay down groove with the rhythm section and layering guitar and other instruments on top makes the song more of a story instead of someone soloing over a stiff sounding backing track. You dont have to be a virtuoso on all instruments, you take it as far as you want to. Play what makes you happen.
>>
>>64248740
*happy
>>
>>64247179
porquenolosdos.png

Focus on one for a while, but don't be afraid to dabble eventually. It's possible to obtain some fairly serious competence across multiple instruments
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.