[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I learn how to enjoy his music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: jm.jpg (16 KB, 421x279) Image search: [Google]
jm.jpg
16 KB, 421x279
I've given a good few songs a listen and I just can't stay involved in them, but the sheer magnitude of his popularity has to be due to at least some decent degree of musical merit.

Is there a particular album/set of songs people would recommend to help ease me into him? I feel like an outcast in my group of friends for missing this bandwagon.
>>
>assuming musical merit has any relationship to "enjoyment"

Fuck off pleb
>>
i don't like lcd soundsystem much but Dance Yrself Clean is a sick jam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5oaCPCqN3Y
>>
I like LCD a lot and I'm hyped as hell to see them at Lollapalooza but they're pretty fuckin derivative of artists who were better musicians and genuinely more creative and innovative in the 70s and 80s (Talking Heads being the obvious comparison among others)

Listen to like, All My Friends, Tribulations and Get Innocuous and if you don't like them after those don't force yourself into it. I didn't like them at first either just because the way he repeats the same looping theme for so long in a lot of his shit bugged me
>>
>>64246939
I agree it's a good song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Bae3R49ew
>>
>>64246926
>assuming I'm capable of liking irrelevant music
>>
>>64246911
This is Happening is easier to get into than his first two albums.

However,his music is definitely made for the dance floor.
When I first listened to This is Happening i was just sitting with my earplugs on,alone in my room and I hated it.Then a few months later i was at a party and his music was playing there and then it clicked,i danced like crazy
>>
don't worry abt it
its dance music for white hipsters who can't dance
>>
>>64247091
tryhard you annoy me and is mynkind a reference to hitler
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.