[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chelsea Wolfe has become the feminine equivalent to Steven Wilson.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
Chelsea Wolfe has become the feminine equivalent to Steven Wilson. Not that the sounds are too comparable, but both started out as relatively introverted, moody songwriters that had a lot of feeling in their work. Both are examples of how much fame and exposure can really fuck with an artist. Compared to the way they both were a few years ago, they both seem like they have bought into the image that everyone adores them by. And who can blame them? Everywhere they conceivably turn, they see people praising them as musical geniuses. I guess it's just disappointing as a listener. It's hard to feel an intimate connection with an artist that's all too happy to climb the throne that's been fashioned for them.
>>
File: free-shrugs.jpg (50 KB, 449x642) Image search: [Google]
free-shrugs.jpg
50 KB, 449x642
I'm not dissapointed at all. Steven Wilson just put out one of the greatest albums of his career with Hand.Cannot.Erase. Sucks to be you if you enjoyed the Pink Floyd-aping era of his career more, I guess.

Similar case with Chelsea Wolfe; I guess it's getting fashionable to say "she used to be better" on the internet, but I enjoyed Abyss about as much as her previous output.
>>
idk what she did before Abyss but I didn't like Abyss
>>
is that a mall-goth anne coulter?
>>
Wolfe makes boring music that's okay background music.
>>
>>64244057
All her albums are good and I liked last two Wilson's lps much more than early works, porcupine tree and that project with a guy from opeth.
>>
Interesting but I never liked Wolfe
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.